Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Rumours anyone ?

Yeah there is a Rumour that Wagstaff is either a Charlton or Leeds fan ;)
  • Rumours anyone ?

Wrong thread for that.....
  • So it is possible to de'Charltonise' a player. Would love to know how they do it.
    Don't know but this lot have saved time by buying pre-"Charltonised" players.
  • Wagstaff is a Tranmere fan
  • SMW28 said:

Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Not to mention he scored 10-goals for us in the 2010/11 season...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/charlton-athletic/2010-11/top-scorers.html

Even if we find someone better on the Right, why not sign both... Means we've got something called backup which I think is what everyone has been calling for since the moment RD took over the club!!

Yes he is limited in his ability but our success when we won League One in terms of Right-Mid wasnt all down to Danny Green.

He's mates with a friends brother and as a Charlton fan wouldnt come back under the current regime
    I thought Wagstaff was a Leeds fan?
    Wasn't that Lloyd Sam?
    No is Waggy
  • Essex_Al said:

SDAddick said:

Why doesn't Andy Reid ever get a shout to "come home?" Brilliant left peg, wicked player on his day. Sure, I don't think he's actually put down the pies long enough to play in 4-5 years, but I for one would love to see the return of the can't be arsed creative player. He could be our lower-league Riquelme.

Now you're talking!

Reid as opposed to Wagstaff, like chalk and cheese!

Although you better not mention cheese to Reidy!
    Won't need to, he'll have "all the cheese I can eat" written into his contract.
  • Rumours anyone ?

There's a rumour going round that I'm considering growing a beard since moving to the Pacific Northwest. I can't comment on it, but I'll say that I'm very happy with my current beard situation, but should another option come along, I can't say I'd shave it off.
  • Rumours anyone ?

I heard from a very good source that Charlton is effectively a rudderless ship: no manager; incompetent CEO; disinterested owner. Nothing has been sorted out yet about the team's management for next season. But when it is, a meagre playing budget will be spent on unknown continentals, untried youths and a sprinkling of uninspiring loanee journeymen. By next January we might just have a squad capable of staving off relegation with a fair wind and the rub of the green. I'm unable to divulge my contact, but as he has a good track record I thought I'd put it out there anyway.
  • Stig said:

Rumours anyone ?

I heard from a very good source that Charlton is effectively a rudderless ship: no manager; incompetent CEO; disinterested owner. Nothing has been sorted out yet about the team's management for next season. But when it is, a meagre playing budget will be spent on unknown continentals, untried youths and a sprinkling of uninspiring loanee journeymen. By next January we might just have a squad capable of staving off relegation with a fair wind and the rub of the green. I'm unable to divulge my contact, but as he has a good track record I thought I'd put it out there anyway.
    Thats not Rumour... thats FACT!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Rumours anyone ?

Usain Bolt ?

• Rumours anyone ?

What do you think this is, a rumours thread?
  • To respond to the earlier rumour, I've decided to shave.
  • Stig said:

Rumours anyone ?

Usain Bolt ?

Good guess Fanny, but actually it was this bloke:

• SDAddick said:

Why doesn't Andy Reid ever get a shout to "come home?" Brilliant left peg, wicked player on his day. Sure, I don't think he's actually put down the pies long enough to play in 4-5 years, but I for one would love to see the return of the can't be arsed creative player. He could be our lower-league Riquelme.

Maybe because he technically is home (i.e. He came through the Nottingham Forest Academy)

Would love us to sign him again though!!... Felt he was a bit of a luxury player prior to when he was sold to Sunderland but was one of those players who the moment he left, you realised the true impact he had on the pitch
    IMO, one of the hardest working players in my time watching Charlton. Sounds mad I know, and I don't mean in the sense of chasing anything and everything in a Kishishev fashion, but when we were attacking, he was always involved. He wanted the ball, and then when he passed it he was immediately moving, finding space, making himself available for the pass. Personally don't think I've ever seen another attacking players for us who was more determined to get involved, always wanted to make meaningful passes and always wanted the ball back as soon as he didn't have it.

Really enjoyed watching Reidy play.
    Yes, I'd certainly go for that. I just like having a go at him because it's easy. To be fair I'm built exactly the same way, 5'8'' tall and 5'8'' wide. On his day he was a wonderful player. Would have been curious to see how he'd have done abroad where we would be less likely to be shunted to the wing.
  • Marcus Maddison from Peterborough.
  • markmc68 said:

Keep the rumours coming guys. Been really impressed with them so far !!!!!

Do you, and others, expect any meaningful rumours when we have no manager or direction??? Really?? Also, it's quite likely we are trying to offload a load of players to sort out some sort of funds/budget as we know the clowns at the top weren't "planning for relegation"
  • Sponsored links:

Random wish list or an actual rumour ?
  • Have not heard the rumour myself, but if true is a quality player with a great shot on him. His mentality is sometimes called into question from what I have heard on Talksport.
  • Maddison wouldn't be cheap. Peterborough's chairman MacAnthony is good at getting value for players.

He got close to £3m for Conor Washington in January.

Imagine he'd want similar if not more for Maddison.
  • Ben18 said:

Maddison wouldn't be cheap. Peterborough's chairman MacAnthony is good at getting value for players.

He got close to £3m for Conor Washington in January.

Imagine he'd want similar if not more for Maddison.

That's the end of that one then.
  • We won't pay big money for anyone,FFS we are now in div 1

Random wish list or an actual rumour ?
    More of a random wish list, to be fair this thread was lacking any rumours...
  • We won't pay big money for anyone,FFS we are now in div 1

Corrected that for you...
  • Pedro45 said:

We won't pay big money for anyone,FFS we are now in div 1

Corrected that for you...

Oh come on be fair... these owners will spend money, sadly it'll be £1m on someone from the Mongolian Second Division rather than £1m for someone tried and testing in League One!!
  • I would agree that Maddison is a quality player. But then again we won't find out.
    The moncur story has gone quiet also.