Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

CHARLTON CLOSE IN ON YAMFAM

Charlton are close to signing 18-year-old winger Louis Yamfam from Stevenage for a fee in the region of £40k, according to Sky sources.

Wow so its not undisclosed!!... Well done though SLP / Louis, your now a Sky Source ;)

40k? why don't we just give them Sarr in exchange.
    Because Sarr isnt worth £40k!!!!
    Actually he is technically worth quite a bit more, a 4 year deal, even only on 1k a week, would mean he is "worth" 200k
    F*ckme, no I doesn't. It means he will cost us £200K, but is 'worth' nothing.
  • Rumours please !!!!
  • edited May 2016

Why do some people want to keep signing ex-players ?? They had their time here & moved on....as so you should do too !!!!

People like to see tried and tested favourites back in the team, hell I would have Derek Hales back.
  • Why do some people want to keep signing ex-players ?? They had their time here & moved on....as so you should do too !!!!

You're right, and it doesn't happen very often. How many players, excluding loanees, have we released/sold, then re-signed in recent years?

I can only think of Roger Johnson, and there's a reason not to do it!
  • dickplumb said:

I would pair Wagstaff with Ansah.

At the local whist drive? One doing the washing up, the other the drying up? Explain yourself.
  • I think there are a lot of people that are going to be very disapointed if they think that we are going to have a squad of 22 players IN LEAGUE 1 where Waggy wouldn't be an asset.

Some people probably think our transfer dealings will be so successful, he'll be playing second fiddle to Ronaldo,
  • dickplumb said:

At the local whist drive? One doing the washing up, the other the drying up? Explain yourself.
    I think you'll find Dick was having some fun with Henry!

I'll let you off of a whoosh this time :wink:
  • Great guy, but a league 2 player . Still, he did get one or two brilliant goals for us and always tried hard
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do some people want to keep signing ex-players ?? They had their time here & moved on....as so you should do too !!!!

You're right, and it doesn't happen very often. How many players, excluding loanees, have we released/sold, then re-signed in recent years?

Danny Green, Lawrie Wilson.
  • Essex_Al said:

dickplumb said:

NS, S.

Jackson

Powell
  • Essex_Al said:

dickplumb said:

That just sounds wrong. Wagstaff was a real 100 per cent trier. I would like to think we have moved on since Waggy's days, but I feel we haven't. But if we are serious about getting out of League one we need better players.

• 5 pages on Wagstaff just because he is a free agent! This isn't even a rumour

Chris Powell? ;-)

Chris Powell? ;-)
    Paul Mortimer

Chris Powell? ;-)
    Yep, of course, though I'd thought his spells away were loans. Looking it up they weren't. OK, one good, one bad! But not a lot!
  • Paul williams
  • Eddie Firmani
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!

You're calling a 26 year old player who has been promoted from League One twice an old has been? You do come out with the weirdest stuff. This 'up and coming young talent' from Crawley, what exactly do you know about him? Because it seems like you can't even remember his name, so what are you basing your claim that he's better than Wagstaff on? Incidentally he's only three years younger than Wagstaff at 23, he's hardly a teenager breaking onto the scene.
    Don't think it's weird at all, he wasn't very good the first time he was here, hardly made the Bristol City team over the past three years, so why on earth would we want him back now?

The weirdest thing is how many of you live in the past!
    You don't think it's weird to call a 26 year old an old has been? OK, never mind then.

You haven't answered my question though. What do you know about this up and coming Crawley player whose name you don't know that makes him better?
    I've got to own up and thought Waggy was older than 26, so 'has been' is probably unfair, but he is L2 at best!

All I know about the lad Edwards at Crawley is he is highly thought of and scores some cracking goals. If he came to us I would certainly give him a chance to prove his worth and I would rather this scenario than going back in time to watch a lad who as Large said is undoubtedly Charlton and works his socks off, but for me that is not enough, it wasn't then and wont be now!
    Waggy, who has been promoted from League One twice and who played an important role in our first Championship season when we were really struggling, playing out of position as well, is L2 as best? I'm not a huge Waggy fan and I'm not bothered about having him back, but that's just nonsense I'm afraid.
    We need to buy players who can get us out of division 3, who are then able to hold their own in the Championship.

Wagstaff fits the bill perfectly.
  • wmcf123 said:

Great guy, but a league 2 player . Still, he did get one or two brilliant goals for us and always tried hard

Wagstaff is a better player than Lisbie, and Lisbie 'graced' the Premier League.
  • wmcf123 said:

Great guy, but a league 2 player . Still, he did get one or two brilliant goals for us and always tried hard

Wagstaff is a better player than Lisbie, and Lisbie 'graced' the Premier League.
    Just ask Liverpool.
  • edited May 2016

Why do some people want to keep signing ex-players ?? They had their time here & moved on....as so you should do too !!!!

Chris Powell? ;-)
    Chris 'Judas' Wilder.

I'll never forgive him for choosing his boyhood and local club ahead of working for Roly and Kitty.

Chris Powell? ;-)
    Chris 'Judas' Wilder.

I'll never forgive him for choosing his boyhood and local club ahead of working for Roly and Kitty.
    Who?
  • SDAddick said:

Chris Powell? ;-)
    Chris 'Judas' Wilder.

Who?
    Roly and kitty.
  • Bring back Waggy! ....
  • Wagstaff was an academy graduate and supposed to be a wide player who should have been able to cross the ball at a playable height.

Never saw this happen very often. Always ran into no man's land and usually fell over his own feet and then claiming he had been fouled.

Reason for his release from Charlton and now Bristol City.