Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Here's a picture of him reading Roly's vision for the club...image

Left... I count that as a three seater sofa there
    Right... Dunno mate but that bird in the middle is a right sort!!
  • Here's a picture of him reading Roly's vision for the club...image

The map on the back is showing him which network club he can be loaned to!
  • Henry will be having an orgasm!

Wagstaff released by Bristol City (not offered a new contract)!
  • Essex_Al said:

Henry will be having an orgasm!

Wagstaff released by Bristol City (not offered a new contract)!

Would resign him in a heartbeat.

He's a League One player who has got out of this Divison (the right way) twice now!!
    OMG!

He's shite!
  • No thanks. Loves the theatrics, goes down too easily and his goal celebration is shite......
  • edited May 2016
    Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Not to mention he scored 10-goals for us in the 2010/11 season...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/charlton-athletic/2010-11/top-scorers.html

Even if we find someone better on the Right, why not sign both... Means we've got something called backup which I think is what everyone has been calling for since the moment RD took over the club!!

Yes he is limited in his ability but our success when we won League One in terms of Right-Mid wasnt all down to Danny Green.
  • I would pair Wagstaff with Ansah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wagstaff yes I'd bring him back 100% gives it all like Jonny Robinson used to
  • dickplumb said:

I would pair Wagstaff with Ansah.

Ansah's been released so would be a difficult Strike partnership straight away
  • dickplumb said:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
  • dickplumb said:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
  • Wagstaff played under Slade briefly at Orient.
  • Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Even if we find someone better on the Right, why not sign both... Means we've got something called backup which I think is what everyone has been calling for since the moment RD took over the club!!

Yes he is limited in his ability but our success when we won League One in terms of Right-Mid wasnt all down to Danny Green.

What is it with fans wanting to bring back old players (and managers) to this club?

FA, you do realise he scored those 10 goals 6 years ago, what an earth makes you think he would be any good for us now?
  • Essex_Al said:

Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

What is it with fans wanting to bring back old players (and managers) to this club?

FA, you do realise he scored those 10 goals 6 years ago, what an earth makes you think he would be any good for us now?
    Like I've said... Last season we had a squad of players where the majority none of the fans felt any connection (Jackson / Solly / Cousins being all but a handful)... We need players with experience of getting out of this Division and for me Wagstaff ticks all the boxes.

Its not like I'm calling for us to resign Bradley Pritchard or Danny Hollands from League Two clubs... Waggy is someone who is suited to League One (Championship level yes, it probably is a step too far) but thats the Division we are in!!
  • Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!
  • You just know we're going to sign a couple of wingers and then appoint a manager who doesn't use wingers at all.
  • Essex_Al said:

Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!

I do agree with you and see where your coming from though

I always like to see younger players coming through and being signed but we do need a good amount of experience too to deal with this League; i.e. I've always felt that 25/26-years of age is experienced age of a Footballer and when you compare our Title winning year with the players that are still here we do need some more older (British) players.

Title Winning Year
    Hollands ... Kermorgant ... Cort ... Russell ... Hughes ... Jackson ... Taylor ... Hayes ... Wright-Phiilips ... Euell

Current Squad
    Jackson ... Solly ... Henderson ... Johnson
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm waiting excitedly for the Belgacom League "released" list to be published. That's when the action will really start hotting up! #fingerscrossedforchristophebertjens
  • Richard J said:

Wagstaff played under Slade briefly at Orient.

So did Lisbie and Money.
  • Essex_Al said:

Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!

Is 26 old?
  • edited May 2016
    Connor Sammon, Kelvin Wilson, Karleigh Osborne, Kemar Roofe and Brandon Barker (loan) please.
  • Connor Sammon, Kelvin Wilson, Karleigh Osborne, Kemar Roofe and Brandon Barker (loan) please.

Barker has a lot of ability. Bit concerned he's not put it all together yet.

If we are going after Manchester City reserves, there are three or four I'd have as they have a lot of really talented 18-19 year olds who I suspect are a year or two from breaking into the first team.
  • I noticed him yet Karleigh Osborne seems to have had an injury plagued career so not sure whether he's worth the risk.

Shame we're not in the Championship as Joao Teixeira (Liverpool) and Tom Carroll (Spurs) are both available
  • Wagstaff has everything a footballer needs .. except talent .. (as Tommy Docherty often said about Alex Ferguson)
    Perhaps Wagstaff should be appointed joint manager with John Jackson ((:>) .. couldn't make a worse fuck up than the recent incumbents
  • One trouble that we may have/be having in recruiting players/management staff is something I brought up years ago and something which has got worse so far as potential recruitment is concerned ..
    the cost of LONDON HOUSING and general living .. no problem for Premier players on millionaire salaries, could be real problems for recruits on the money CAFC could afford to pay ..
    we are competing with clubs in areas where nice housing is very affordable on a decent wage .. plus there won't be the disruption caused by CARD protests and the general air of uncertainty around CAFC .. players will want to join a stable well run club .. unless they are desperate for a job