Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 · 2h2 hours ago

Bristol Rovers have approached to sign former Bristol City winger Scott Wagstaff. They have offered him a two year deal #bcc #brfc #gas

What a shame that would be :wink:
  • edited May 2016
    CHARLTON CLOSE IN ON YAMFAM

Charlton are close to signing 18-year-old winger Louis Yamfam from Stevenage for a fee in the region of £40k, according to Sky sources.

Wow so its not undisclosed!!... Well done though SLP / Louis, your now a Sky Source ;)
  • Wagstaff on the right. Lloyd Sam on the left and Parky in his v~neck sweater..now that would be real progress
  • CHARLTON CLOSE IN ON YAMFAM

Charlton are close to signing 18-year-old winger Louis Yamfam from Stevenage for a fee in the region of £40k, according to Sky sources.

Wow so its not undisclosed!!... Well done though SLP / Louis, your now a Sky Source ;)

40k? why don't we just give them Sarr in exchange.
  • Wagstaff has everything a footballer needs .. except talent .. (as Tommy Docherty often said about Alex Ferguson)
    Perhaps Wagstaff should be appointed joint manager with John Jackson ((:>) .. couldn't make a worse fuck up than the recent incumbents

John Jackson! Has he lost the ' nnie' so Katrien and Roly won't know who he is?

Because Sarr isnt worth £40k!!!!
  • Wagstaff has everything a footballer needs .. except talent .. (as Tommy Docherty often said about Alex Ferguson)
    Perhaps Wagstaff should be appointed joint manager with John Jackson ((:>) .. couldn't make a worse fuck up than the recent incumbents

Yes could combine Waggy's attitude with Watts undoubted ability. What a player we would have.
  • edited May 2016

CHARLTON CLOSE IN ON YAMFAM

What about if we threw in a couple of Fila tracksuits, a lorry load of horse shit and an annual Merlin pass? That should make up the balance.
  • Sponsored links:

Actually he is technically worth quite a bit more, a 4 year deal, even only on 1k a week, would mean he is "worth" 200k
  • One trouble that we may have/be having in recruiting players/management staff is something I brought up years ago and something which has got worse so far as potential recruitment is concerned ..
    the cost of LONDON HOUSING and general living .. no problem for Premier players on millionaire salaries, could be real problems for recruits on the money CAFC could afford to pay ..
    we are competing with clubs in areas where nice housing is very affordable on a decent wage .. plus there won't be the disruption caused by CARD protests and the general air of uncertainty around CAFC .. players will want to join a stable well run club .. unless they are desperate for a job

Direct them to Medway.

Yes could combine Waggy's attitude with Watts undoubted ability. What a player we would have.
    Add to the mix Katrien's ability to ignore any kind of bollocking from our fans when you make a mistake
  • Essex_Al said:

Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!

You're calling a 26 year old player who has been promoted from League One twice an old has been? You do come out with the weirdest stuff. This 'up and coming young talent' from Crawley, what exactly do you know about him? Because it seems like you can't even remember his name, so what are you basing your claim that he's better than Wagstaff on? Incidentally he's only three years younger than Wagstaff at 23, he's hardly a teenager breaking onto the scene.
    Don't think it's weird at all, he wasn't very good the first time he was here, hardly made the Bristol City team over the past three years, so why on earth would we want him back now?

The weirdest thing is how many of you live in the past!
  • Yamfam now confirmed on OS and also very surprisingly confirmed as "undisclosed". Shocker.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Fair enough we all see it differently, but personally I would much prefer us to be signing up and coming young talent such as the winger from Crawley that we have been linked with, rather than an old has been such as Waggy!

You're calling a 26 year old player who has been promoted from League One twice an old has been? You do come out with the weirdest stuff. This 'up and coming young talent' from Crawley, what exactly do you know about him? Because it seems like you can't even remember his name, so what are you basing your claim that he's better than Wagstaff on? Incidentally he's only three years younger than Wagstaff at 23, he's hardly a teenager breaking onto the scene.
    Don't think it's weird at all, he wasn't very good the first time he was here, hardly made the Bristol City team over the past three years, so why on earth would we want him back now?

You don't think it's weird to call a 26 year old an old has been? OK, never mind then.

You haven't answered my question though. What do you know about this up and coming Crawley player whose name you don't know that makes him better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

out of L1, I'd take Chris Eagles, Darren Ambrose, Marvin Sordell, Jay McEveley & Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Should we get on the blower to Kandol, Mooney, Dickson, Fleetwood, Varney, Green, Benson, Tudgay, Clarke, Ikeme, Richardson, Dervite and Bailey too?
  • sam3110 said:

Macronate said:

out of L1, I'd take Chris Eagles, Darren Ambrose, Marvin Sordell, Jay McEveley & Jamal Campbell-Ryce

Should we get on the blower to Kandol, Mooney, Dickson, Fleetwood, Varney, Green, Benson, Tudgay, Clarke, Ikeme, Richardson, Dervite and Bailey too?
    Don't forget Luke Holden, wade small and Bally smart
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

You don't think it's weird to call a 26 year old an old has been? OK, never mind then.

You haven't answered my question though. What do you know about this up and coming Crawley player whose name you don't know that makes him better?
    I've got to own up and thought Waggy was older than 26, so 'has been' is probably unfair, but he is L2 at best!

All I know about the lad Edwards at Crawley is he is highly thought of and scores some cracking goals. If he came to us I would certainly give him a chance to prove his worth and I would rather this scenario than going back in time to watch a lad who as Large said is undoubtedly Charlton and works his socks off, but for me that is not enough, it wasn't then and wont be now!
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

All I know about the lad Edwards at Crawley is he is highly thought of and scores some cracking goals.
    You could say that about Waggy too ...... a few years ago.

But you never know about a player, the right time and the right place and they can truly make their mark.

• Redrobo said:

At a cold, shit ground in December at least you know Waggy will give you 100%

A 100% of nothing is still nothing!