Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

Semedo would be a fantastic signing for you guys, cant see him being here next season.

Excuse me Mr. Pig, we already have half the posters on this board wanting to re-sign our previous cast offs, please don't encourage them anymore!
    Obsessed

: - )
  • Essex_Al said:

Semedo would be a fantastic signing for you guys, cant see him being here next season.

Excuse me Mr. Pig, we already have half the posters on this board wanting to re-sign our previous cast offs, please don't encourage them anymore!
    No only Waggy!
  • Semedo was only ever (kind of) good at breaking up opposition attacks, he offered nothing going forward and whenever he had the ball, he slowed our attack to a snail's pace.

He'd only ever be wanted in a five man midfield. And I wouldn't want us to shoehorn ourselves into a particular formation for such a limited player.
  • Semedo was only ever (kind of) good at breaking up opposition attacks, he offered nothing going forward and whenever he had the ball, he slowed our attack to a snail's pace.

He'd only ever be wanted in a five man midfield. And I wouldn't want us to shoehorn ourselves into a particular formation for such a limited player.

How many midfielders have we had in the last 20 years that could pass the ball forwards ? Jensen, Murphy , Song... Andy Reid
  • edited May 2016
    wmcf123 said:

Semedo was only ever (kind of) good at breaking up opposition attacks, he offered nothing going forward and whenever he had the ball, he slowed our attack to a snail's pace.

How many midfielders have we had in the last 20 years that could pass the ball forwards ? Jensen, Murphy , Song... Andy Reid
    Bowyer, shelvey & Stephens
  • wmcf123 said:

Semedo was only ever (kind of) good at breaking up opposition attacks, he offered nothing going forward and whenever he had the ball, he slowed our attack to a snail's pace.

Parker, Zeng Zhi,

• Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

I'll always remember this one pass Stephens made away at Bury... that was the moment that I knew we had some quality that season that could make the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJyBdr3l-c
  • edited May 2016
    Semedo or Ba. I know what one id prefer
  • Stephens finally off up north to Burnley apparently.
  • Stephens finally off up north to Burnley apparently.

replacement for lovely Joey Barton
  • wmcf123 said:

I'll always remember this one pass Stephens made away at Bury... that was the moment that I knew we had some quality that season that could make the difference.

Paul Hayes!
  • J BLOCK said:

He definitely wouldn't
    He would fill the Diarra role comfortably in L1.
  • wmcf123 said:

Paul Hayes!
    Hamer flapping on crosses as well!
  • Why doesn't Andy Reid ever get a shout to "come home?" Brilliant left peg, wicked player on his day. Sure, I don't think he's actually put down the pies long enough to play in 4-5 years, but I for one would love to see the return of the can't be arsed creative player. He could be our lower-league Riquelme.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Why doesn't Andy Reid ever get a shout to "come home?" Brilliant left peg, wicked player on his day. Sure, I don't think he's actually put down the pies long enough to play in 4-5 years, but I for one would love to see the return of the can't be arsed creative player. He could be our lower-league Riquelme.

Maybe because he technically is home (i.e. He came through the Nottingham Forest Academy)

Would love us to sign him again though!!... Felt he was a bit of a luxury player prior to when he was sold to Sunderland but was one of those players who the moment he left, you realised the true impact he had on the pitch
  • SDAddick said:

Why doesn't Andy Reid ever get a shout to "come home?" Brilliant left peg, wicked player on his day. Sure, I don't think he's actually put down the pies long enough to play in 4-5 years, but I for one would love to see the return of the can't be arsed creative player. He could be our lower-league Riquelme.

Now you're talking!

Reid as opposed to Wagstaff, like chalk and cheese!

Although you better not mention cheese to Reidy!
  • 'Lindegaard will join Preston permanently and Makienok, on loan at Charlton this season, could go there too.'
  • Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Not to mention he scored 10-goals for us in the 2010/11 season...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/charlton-athletic/2010-11/top-scorers.html

Even if we find someone better on the Right, why not sign both... Means we've got something called backup which I think is what everyone has been calling for since the moment RD took over the club!!

Yes he is limited in his ability but our success when we won League One in terms of Right-Mid wasnt all down to Danny Green.

He's mates with a friends brother and as a Charlton fan wouldnt come back under the current regime
  • SMW28 said:

Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Even if we find someone better on the Right, why not sign both... Means we've got something called backup which I think is what everyone has been calling for since the moment RD took over the club!!

Yes he is limited in his ability but our success when we won League One in terms of Right-Mid wasnt all down to Danny Green.

He's mates with a friends brother and as a Charlton fan wouldnt come back under the current regime
    I thought Wagstaff was a Leeds fan?
  • SMW28 said:

I dont know just know my friends brother is a mate of his and I asked who he supported and he said Charlton.
  • SMW28 said:

Surely though this is a period where we need players who know Charlton and will give their all for the club...

Wasn't that Lloyd Sam?
  • Rumours anyone ?
  • So it is possible to de'Charltonise' a player. Would love to know how they do it.