Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Rumour on another forum that a second bid by Burnley for Pope has been accepted
  • And he's only 5'9 so would only be 3 inches taller than me so fails the height test .....

Maybe, but he's not as injury prone as you.

;o)

• Valley11 said:

Would like us to go for Daniel Bentley at Southend if Pope goes. Highly rated GK, played over 100 games for the Shrimpers and out of contract - although it would go to a tribunal.

Good shout!
  • ross1 said:

Rumour on another forum that a second bid by Burnley for Pope has been accepted

But that doesn't matter, as Colin said he doesn't want to go.
    Leftbehind knows Nick Popes Uncle and he said a second Burnley bid has been accepted and Celtic are interested. I hope he stays.

• No doubt if Pope goes it will be 'undisclosed', but what fee could we expect to get for him? Although he isn't a product of the Academy, he is another player that we have developed and invested in since we signed him from non league.
  • edited June 2016
    Peter_G said:

No doubt if Pope goes it will be 'undisclosed', but what fee could we expect to get for him? Although he isn't a product of the Academy, he is another player that we have developed and invested in since we signed him from non league.

Only valued at £150k on transfer markt, Hamer valued at over double that and Henderson £560k if it's any help.
  • RedChaser said:

Peter_G said:

No doubt if Pope goes it will be 'undisclosed', but what fee could we expect to get for him? Although he isn't a product of the Academy, he is another player that we have developed and invested in since we signed him from non league.

Only valued at £150k on transfer markt, Hamer valued at over double that and Henderson £560k if it's any help.
    It would be stupid to sell him for anything like £150k better than Henderson. Should stay and play.
  • edited June 2016
    Redrobo said:

RedChaser said:

Peter_G said:

It would be stupid to sell him for anything like £150k better than Henderson. Should stay and play.
    Agreed on the fee but Pinnocchio is right up there with best at doing 'stupid' :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Tricky for Pope. He's started to establish himself and would be no 1 next season, compared to earning a few extra quid and sitting on the Turf Moor bench watching Premier League games.
    He might not have a say in it of course, if Roland decides he wants the cash to upgrade his satellite link up to The Valley.
  • Valley11 said:

Tricky for Pope. He's started to establish himself and would be no 1 next season, compared to earning a few extra quid and sitting on the Turf Moor bench watching Premier League games.
    He might not have a say in it of course, if Roland decides he wants the cash to upgrade his satellite link up to The Valley.

That's the thing, I'd be more scared of a bid from a Championship team that want him as a starter.

Would really like to see us keep hold of Pope if we can, even at the expense of Hendo and Dmitrovic - and probably would prioritize keeping him above Watt, Cousins etc., although Watt would be electric in League 1.

I get the feeling Cousins has had enough, but that's completely unsubstantiated.
  • colin1961 said:

More like his agent wants the move ...
    Not bothered either way if it means selling him to keep a better player then fine .... We are not short of decent keepers Phillips , Mitiov and Dimo are good enough for div one ......

Can see us getting Lewis from Cardiff o a free if Slade wants experanice he has been released

Joe Lewis is a good keeper.
  • Valley11 said:

colin1961 said:

Not bothered either way if it means selling him to keep a better player then fine .... We are not short of decent keepers Phillips , Mitiov and Dimo are good enough for div one ......

Can see us getting Lewis from Cardiff o a free if Slade wants experanice he has been released

Showed a lot of promise whilst at Peterborough yet hasnt really worked out for him since.
  • Valley11 said:

Tricky for Pope. He's started to establish himself and would be no 1 next season, compared to earning a few extra quid and sitting on the Turf Moor bench watching Premier League games.

That's the thing, I'd be more scared of a bid from a Championship team that want him as a starter.

Would really like to see us keep hold of Pope if we can, even at the expense of Hendo and Dmitrovic - and probably would prioritize keeping him above Watt, Cousins etc., although Watt would be electric in League 1.

I get the feeling Cousins has had enough, but that's completely unsubstantiated.
    Cousins has removed Charlton from his Twitter profile and any mention of us. He was back in the gym training last week in his own gear with nothing having Charlton logos on it. I think he may well be off
  • Normally I'd urge Pope to stay but now I'd implore him to go. It's a choice of a well run Club in the PL or a basket case in League One. Stay with us and in a few months he could find himself at STVV or Alcoron. Then his career could be down the pan.
  • All I hope is that anyone leaving is gone by the Welling friendly and that everyone is signed well before the final friendly... Dont want our preparations for League One being messed around by players coming and going as Slade wont have a clue about his team etc.
  • edited June 2016
  • Valley11 said:

colin1961 said:

Showed a lot of promise whilst at Peterborough yet hasnt really worked out for him since.
    Agree. I think he went on loan to Fulham whilst Slade was at Cardiff. That said he did have David Marshall there and he is a very good keeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moncur £500k bid from Barnsley accepted
  • J BLOCK said:

Moncur £500k bid from Barnsley accepted

We'll probably bid £350k then.
  • The club would take a hit on Vetokele in the region of £1m if they are lucky, or he goes out on loan and they will still be paying part of his wages.
  • Not too bothered about losing pope for decent money if it frees up funds to keep hold of cousins/watt etc. especially as we have Henderson and dmitrovic who are probably better keepers than pope.

Debatable, and Hendo's injury record does make him a slight liability, every time he goes down you fear another problem
  • J BLOCK said:

Well they are a Championship side now, I'm sure Moncur would prefer to play in that division
  • Valley11 said:

Would like us to go for Daniel Bentley at Southend if Pope goes. Highly rated GK, played over 100 games for the Shrimpers and out of contract - although it would go to a tribunal.

Good keeper, but destined for higher than us I'm afraid.
  • J BLOCK said:

Well they are a Championship side now, I'm sure Moncur would prefer to play in that division
    Living in Barnsley though?..........