Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Daniel Bentley is the sort of player we should be going after if we elect to sell either Pope or Henderson.
  • Daniel Bentley is the sort of player we should be going after if we elect to sell either Pope or Henderson.

Bentley is going to the Championship... Its a surprise he's not already there.

Far too good for any League One team
  • edited June 2016
    Not a rumour yet :wink: but wouldn't mind Ben Hamer back on loan if Pope is sold.
  • Not a rumour yet :wink: but wouldn't mind Ben Hamer back on loan if Pope is sold.

• colin1961 said:

Dansk_Red said:

The club would take a hit on Vetokele in the region of £1m if they are lucky, or he goes out on loan and they will still be paying part of his wages.

Not really Vetokele cost 2.4 of which we paid 1.2 up front the rest over agreed period , I doudt we will lose much if any at all if we get 1.5 for him
    If we get 1.5 (huge 'if') then based on your figures we'll lose 0.9 - no?

We can't send him back as soiled goods and not expect to have to pay the stage payments.

Oops - sorry - should have realised you've seen the contract.
  • colin1961 said:

Dansk_Red said:

The club would take a hit on Vetokele in the region of £1m if they are lucky, or he goes out on loan and they will still be paying part of his wages.

Not really Vetokele cost 2.4 of which we paid 1.2 up front the rest over agreed period , I doudt we will lose much if any at all if we get 1.5 for him
    You do realise even if the payments are staggered, the full amount still has to be paid even if we sell him before the payments are due? So we will still lose nearly a million using your own figures.
  • Did Vet not cost us 2.4 mil euros?

If so, it would not be a great loss of money.
  • colin1961 said:

Not if part of the fee is based on app, goals, league position

Are you saying it is? If so what are the details? There's a difference between that and "over agreed period".
  • Thing is if we only lose £900,000 then that is better than loaning him out until his contract expires, as I doubt we would get much in loan fees.

Crikey I am getting used to Roly's incompetence.
  • With Igor's injury issues, any deal to offload him will feature even more contingencies than the deal to bring him in.

We'll be making a significant loss on him, however much we eventually paid for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt Igor could pass a medical, there would be some considerable red flags, not spotted by the network's medical staff.

As for the 'cull' a small squad cannot be relied upon to be ever present in a season. Reminds me of recent seasons, in fact.
  • Looks like Slade is already playing lip service. We all knew relegation would lead to any player with a value or earning high wages would be sold by RD & KM to balance the books.

This statement from Slade backs that theory up.

We will have a team full of youngsters and journeymen next season
  • colin1961 said:

shirty5 said:
    Cull wrong word , there will be a number of players leaving mainly because of the wage structure now in operation in league one plus you need to freshen things up it there will be a number coming in , Slade wants a squad around 22/25 with some of the best young players o clouded in that .....
    There a few on big wages Vetokele and Gudmunsson alone will most likey save you appox 35k per week ...Cousins as well just selling them 3 should clear the loses from relegation

35k pw? What planet are you on? 17.5k pw each? You really are barking.
  • colin1961 said:

Dansk_Red said:

But if we get 1.5m only about 750k will be upfront

• colin1961 said:

shirty5 said:
    Cull wrong word , there will be a number of players leaving mainly because of the wage structure now in operation in league one plus you need to freshen things up it there will be a number coming in , Slade wants a squad around 22/25 with some of the best young players o clouded in that .....
    There a few on big wages Vetokele and Gudmunsson alone will most likey save you appox 35k per week ...Cousins as well just selling them 3 should clear the loses from relegation

35k pw? What planet are you on? 17.5k pw each? You really are barking.
    Annoyingly Colin isnt a million miles out on this one, JBG on circa 20K after his latest contract wage hike and Igor on over 10K.
  • Bradden Inman rumoured to be joining a London league 1 side..
  • Ben18 said:

colin1961 said:

shirty5 said:

Highlighted the other wrong words
    That is a tad unfair. Colin's not the only one to have mis-spellings and, presumably, the results of auto-correcting in his posts.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Dansk_Red said:

Even if we sell him, we still have to pay the rest of the 2.4m, so if we get 1.5m, we're 0.9m out of pocket.
  • Ben18 said:

colin1961 said:

shirty5 said:

Highlighted the other wrong words
    I always thought his name was ventokele
  • Very gassy player apparently.
  • What are loan rules next season? None at all or no short term ones? Either way, going into a season with a squad of 22 and no ability to plug gaps with loans seems idiotic. Especially as in that 22 could be people like Diarra, Vet, Watt, Hendo etc who do not exactly have great records on the injury front (which is in fact why we could be stuck with some of them).
  • edited June 2016
    Cousins has signed for Brighton. Just a little rumour I've heard. Could be bollox!
  • Could see him fitting in well there