Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Is that to replace Stephens who Burnley were looking at?
  • There's a bit on here
    http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?339494-Jordan-Cousins
    that says a source within our club has confirmed it, the same source that said Stephens was going there.
  • I think that's a shame.

One of the few players we were singing 'he's one of our own'

Not the most skilled always on the ball but a decent championship player maybe about to move up a notch.

Good luck to him. Sorry to see him go and hope to see him again in a Charlton shirt.
  • Look like he's off going from their forum. Not the end of the world but would have liked to keep him.
  • A Cousins/Stephens partnership in CM is excellent and we saw that here...
  • gutting if he goes
  • Sadly there a very few players that I care whether they leave or stay, cousins is certainly one of them. Fully except every player of any value to be sold off by RD and his minions. Welcome all the free transfers from League 2 clubs.. What a rubbish time to be a Charlton fan.
  • colin1961 said:

Poor move for cousins , Brighton had a good season but will they do it again ??
    Think AV of QPR would be by far a better move the problem is with Cousins all his work rate etc is let down by his goal ratio and passing

What on earth is going on, I agree with 2 of Colin's posts in one day? I need a lay down.
  • colin1961 said:

This is one move wanted by the player ... and the club won't stand in his way which they could as he under contract

Colin I am sure that any player bar Jackson would be willing to move if they could. The club doesn't really have much power anymore and with RD, he will take any half decent offer. Whether he is under a long term contract or not doesn't matter under this regime.

If/when he leaves it'll be 'undisclosed' and people who say his goals and passing lets him down will be wishing we had him back when we get in his replacement who isn't anything near the standard of Cousins.

Brighton have a good manager who knows quality when he see's it. They'll have another good season in comparison to Villa and QPR who have a lot of work to do on their squad's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

colin1961 said:

This is one move wanted by the player ... and the club won't stand in his way which they could as he under contract

Colin I am sure that any player bar Jackson would be willing to move if they could. The club doesn't really have much power anymore and with RD, he will take any half decent offer. Whether he is under a long term contract or not doesn't matter under this regime.

If/when he leaves it'll be 'undisclosed' and people who say his goals and passing lets him down will be wishing we had him back when we get in his replacement who isn't anything near the standard of Cousins.

Brighton have a good manager who knows quality when he see's it. They'll have another good season in comparison to Villa and QPR who have a lot of work to do on their squad's.
    Will RD take any half-decent offer, though? You would hope he's learnt his lesson from the fiascos of Yann and Morrison. As we've mentioned before, he's been successful with his electronics firm so he must know something about something in the field of business. He should recognise he's under a constraint in terms of funding losses so he'll need to maximise incoming transfer frees. Yes, players have more power than of yore but as Everton showed with Stones and Liverpool with that cheating little shit, if someone's under contract you don't have to sell for the first offer that comes along.
  • Good luck to him, would not blame any player for wanting out of the club under the current ownership.

As a fan though I am gutted, one of my favourite players.
  • I can't help thinking we are going to get half a dozen or more L1 or L2 punts. Could Roly give us a few foreigners in the mix that might turn out to be a Tex, Kashi, Bauer or Igor?
  • Him leaving can only weaken our team. Don't blame him though for leaving this basket case of a club!
  • Sad reality is that it's a career progression for him. Next season Brighton will be challanging for promotion into the Premiership. What can we offer him ? Ever present in a team in the third tier. It's a no brainer. The additional money will help.
  • Leaving aside the RD/KM issues, we're a 3rd division club. It would be surprising if someone young and ambitious would stay, even with normal owners and Curbs/Powell as manager.

• Sponsored links:

• Leaving aside the RD/KM issues, we're a 3rd division club. It would be surprising if someone young and ambitious would stay, even with normal owners and Curbs/Powell as manager.

Agreed. It's always been the same. A club from a higher division comes in and the player gets a signing on fee plus a hike in wages to make the move. In Cousins' case, Charlton will presumably get some sort of fee because he's under a fairly long contract.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Brighton (assuming he goes there). I like him and he's been an important player for us but I've never been totally convinced. Maybe a move will help him to blossom.
  • Few fans on there mentioning getting Ince or someone in exchange. Would be a decent deal for us if that's the case.
  • Valley11 said:

Tricky for Pope. He's started to establish himself and would be no 1 next season, compared to earning a few extra quid and sitting on the Turf Moor bench watching Premier League games.
    He might not have a say in it of course, if Roland decides he wants the cash to upgrade his satellite link up to The Valley.

That's the thing, I'd be more scared of a bid from a Championship team that want him as a starter.

Would really like to see us keep hold of Pope if we can, even at the expense of Hendo and Dmitrovic - and probably would prioritize keeping him above Watt, Cousins etc., although Watt would be electric in League 1.

I get the feeling Cousins has had enough, but that's completely unsubstantiated.
    I don't think a move to somewhere like Burnley would be good for Pope right now.He took a long while to find his feet in our first team and has still only had a dozen or so good games as first choice keeper. The bets thing for him right now, imo, would be to continue on with us building his confidence and experience in an environment where he is settled and confident.

He could well go on to play at Premier League level, but we've seen his confidence can be fragile and he's at a key stage in his career - one false step now and it could set him back significantly.

He's a good keeper though and one I'd prefer to keep, but there are lots of good keepers out there sitting on benches or not even making the bench at some premier league clubs and we have 2 or 3 decent ones already in our squad too. Even through these post-premier leaguer wilderness years, we've pretty much always had a decent keeper or two. Quality outfield players, particularly strikers, are always much harder to find and a fit and fired up Tony Watt would be much more of an assest next year.
  • Personally, I think that the best thing for Pope's development would probably be sign for Burnley and go out on loan to a Championship team for next season (or part thereof).

If I was a family member or agent, that would be my view - especially as I'd be very surprised if Heaton was still at Turf Moor in twelve months.
  • Few fans on there mentioning getting Ince or someone in exchange. Would be a decent deal for us if that's the case.

Good player
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

shirty5 said:
    Cull wrong word , there will be a number of players leaving mainly because of the wage structure now in operation in league one plus you need to freshen things up it there will be a number coming in , Slade wants a squad around 22/25 with some of the best young players o clouded in that .....
    There a few on big wages Vetokele and Gudmunsson alone will most likey save you appox 35k per week ...Cousins as well just selling them 3 should clear the loses from relegation

35k pw? What planet are you on? 17.5k pw each? You really are barking.
    Gudmunnson is on prem wages thats common knowledge 20plus Vetokele was our highest earner before on around 16k
    There is no way Gudmundsson is on £20k plus a week, utter nonsense.
  • colin1961 said:

Poor move for cousins , Brighton had a good season but will they do it again ??
    Think AV of QPR would be by far a better move the problem is with Cousins all his work rate etc is let down by his goal ratio and passing

POTY last two seasons you moron.
  • To be fair, given our last 2 seasons, being our POTY doesn't automatically make you great!