Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Have heard that the club want 7 or 8 British based players to come in. Given the players we have already lost and those set to leave. 8 looks to me like leaving us very short. I assume that youth and a top up of a few cheap foreign punts will make up the squad.

All I can say is I hope that we have a very injury free season. What I can see at the moment looks to be totally inadequate.

If we want British players, why let Cousins or Pope go?
  • Redrobo said:

Have heard that the club want 7 or 8 British based players to come in. Given the players we have already lost and those set to leave. 8 looks to me like leaving us very short. I assume that youth and a top up of a few cheap foreign punts will make up the squad.

All I can say is I hope that we have a very injury free season. What I can see at the moment looks to be totally inadequate.

Because they can be sold for a profit. We used the Jenkinson money, who was British, to get Stephens, Hollands, Morrison etc in.

We will also sell Vetokele and JBG, who aren't British ...
  • Have heard that the club want 7 or 8 British based players to come in. Given the players we have already lost and those set to leave. 8 looks to me like leaving us very short. I assume that youth and a top up of a few cheap foreign punts will make up the squad.

Let's hope our medical team can learn from their mistakes though I am not filled with confidence after last season.

I hope Ahmed Kashi is kept and looked after in the rough and tumble of league one.

• I think we will sell most players that we can get money for. So Watt, Vetokele, Cousins, Pope, Henderson, Gudmundsson will all go. Lookman too if we get a big enough offer. Players like Sarr, Tucudean, Bergdich will be shifted out on loan and we will move in seven to eight British players. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.
  • dickplumb said:

I think we will sell most players that we can get money for. So Watt, Vetokele, Cousins, Pope, Henderson, Gudmundsson will all go. Lookman too if we get a big enough offer. Players like Sarr, Tucudean, Bergdich will be shifted out on loan and we will move in seven to eight British players. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.

5-6 debutants on the opening day.

Let's hope our medical team can learn from their mistakes though I am not filled with confidence after last season.

I hope Ahmed Kashi is kept and looked after in the rough and tumble of league one.

Probably not considering hardly any/if any remain
  • Seems inevitable we will lose Cousins/Gudmundson/Pope/Lookman. If we can keep hold of Bauer/Tex/Kashi/Watt/Diarra then we have a good base to start from, sadly i would be surprised if any more than a couple of those stay.
  • Arent stronger home grown rules coming into effect from next season (Dont we need 9 in the matchday squad?)

In that respect it might well be better of financially keeping someone like Pope, we'd get 500k for him but could we get someone to replace him for 500k?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2016
    A brief explanation of FFP for Leagues 1 and 2. Worth a read.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

An interesting exception for relegated clubs...
    Relegated clubs
    The rules apply to all clubs and there is no moratorium for clubs relegated from the Championship. However, Transitional Arrangements are in place whereby clubs are allowed to exclude the wage costs of all players that the club signed pre September of the relegation season, if they were signed on contracts in excess of 3 seasons.
    They wouldn't want to stay and play in Division 3 and RD certainly wouldn't want to keep them and pay them, but it would be possible to keep a number of our bigger earners under these rules.
  • kemar roofe would be a good signing if we could nick him
  • Redrobo said:

Have heard that the club want 7 or 8 British based players to come in. Given the players we have already lost and those set to leave. 8 looks to me like leaving us very short. I assume that youth and a top up of a few cheap foreign punts will make up the squad.

Because they command a fee greater than we will be paying out.

• Sage said:

Ruptured ACL? Ha! Won't be signing him anytime soon, that'll take ages to heal.

Wouldn't be the first time.
  • kemar roofe would be a good signing if we could nick him

Yes, but there's no chance, he's premier league or championship bound

• Now we have a manager and a chief scout but no team.

Loving the new era so far..

Ffs, you really live up to your user name!
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Seems inevitable we will lose Cousins/Gudmundson/Pope/Lookman. If we can keep hold of Bauer/Tex/Kashi/Watt/Diarra then we have a good base to start from, sadly i would be surprised if any more than a couple of those stay.

We want 6 mill for Lookman so someone got to be brave , plus he told a number of supporters at POTY he don't want to go to a club and get forgotten .....Bauer and Kashi not played enough games Kashi would be captain next season , Diarra will stay, Watt more depends on off field issues then what he can do on the pitch but Slade likes him ?
    Gudmunnson on big wages will go think if we had stayed up he would have gone , Jorge T not sure like him to stay but again depends on wages , Cousins you can understand him wanting to go, again frustrating player , Pope and Henderson won't weaken us we still have three good keepers on the books, Pope still has a way to go to be a decent keeper ..... Fox sell cash in on him we have TDH and Edwards, Vetokele to risky with injuries if we can cash in then let's do it shame because he could have been the answer but the demands of div one will find him out.

As Sven would say, first half good, second half not so good. Kidding aside, there are a lot of salient points here, even if I don't agree with all of them.

Regarding Lookman, good for him. I think that's very wise, would love for him to stay, but long resigned myself to him going. If he does go, I hope it's in the vein of Joe Gomez and not Carl Jenkinsen.

Unfortunately I don't agree that the lack of games will keep Bauer and Kashi (a full international) here. Both, Kashi in particular, had track records before they were here. It might make clubs less likely to take a punt, but Kashi had an achilles injury, it has healed, and he has returned to normal. With Bauer, because of breaking down and taking so long to come back, there are more question marks, but just because players were injured the previous season doesn't mean they're off limits, and both are far too good for L1. Could see Kashi going up to the Prem. I should add I'd love for both to stay and for a combination of Kashi, JJ, and Diarra to be captain next year.

Regarding Fox, he's our best defensive left back, and he has far more experience than the other two. I'm yet to be convinced by THD, though I think he can thrive at this level. Edwards still hasn't made a first team appearance. Fox looked very, very good in the run in from what I saw.

I agree that we have a lot of cover at 'keeper. Hendo will go, he must be on decent wages and his injury record is spotty. Would love to see us keep Pope though.

Also, I think 500k for Pope is really low. Yes, I know GKs go for less, but he's young and English and it's clear that clubs doing their scouting rate him (as do I). I thought that in the run in he showed some excellent signs of being both an excellent reflex-save GK (Derby, Fanni header against Boro), and a more complete keeper who comes for crosses and looks to distribute immediately after collecting.

I long ago wrote Igor off as leaving, and as well he should. I like and rate him, think he gets harsh abuse on here sometimes, but the physicality of the Champo took its toll on him, and I'd hate to see what League One does to such a player. He'll go with my good graces though.
  • Save me hunting for the current Squad list... Is Ollie Muldoon still with the club?
  • edited June 2016
    lolwray said:

kemar roofe would be a good signing if we could nick him

not for me ..heard he enjoys a night on the tiles
    That's a bit catty isn't it.
  • lolwray said:

Plus he's always on the fiddle!!
  • edited June 2016

lolwray said:

Plus he's always on the fiddle!!
    Hang on let's not be too hasty he must have more than one string to his bow.
  • @SDAddick well done for a constructive reply to @colin1961 . The rest, please create your own Colin thread and amuse yourselves there.

Hahahahaha
  • No rumours then!!
  • edited June 2016

No rumours then!!

No, why on earth would you come to a thread about transfer rumours and expect there to be rumours there? Didn't you read the 60-odd pages of the "Manager Rumours" thread?