Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I thought we wasn't going to let players leave on the cheap? We should be looking at a million minimum
  • Only to be expected, don't blame the lad, if I worked for bosses like them and another company offered me better money and the chance of working with high performers I'd be off. Just glad he's not going to the mhanky mob in the east end of Glasgow
  • The fact that players we actually like and are a valuable asset leaving should be no surprise to anyone, hopefully we can offload the mistakes that this stupid regime bought as well.

No wonder Slade will be able to spend money when we have flogged any decent players we had first.
  • cfgs said:

The fact that players we actually like and are a valuable asset leaving should be no surprise to anyone, hopefully we can offload the mistakes that this stupid regime bought as well.

Well Naby Sarr looks like a loan deal, so it seems not.

• cfgs said:

The fact that players we actually like and are a valuable asset leaving should be no surprise to anyone, hopefully we can offload the mistakes that this stupid regime bought as well.

Thing is this lot need to learn from Polish Pete etc, if we think they are poor other teams will not want to waste the money on them we have, so get rid rather than loan.
  • Also with Pope... This is a guy who was almost prepared to leave Charlton for League Two because he wasnt get the chances for us on the pitch... If he joins Burnley he's going to have even less chance so hopefully takes short term playing over long term financial gain.
  • 850k take it - 6 months ago he was being blamed for our bad run - nobody in the squad I will b bothered about losing tbh - let slide re build - all part of clearing out the network nonsense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Clearing out the Network Nonsense...?

So far Cousins has been linked with Brighton, Pope has been linked with Burnley and Sarr is off to Red Star 93.

That's two of our own players who have come through the U21s so you cant really call them network players, its the foreign dross that was signed and did nothing for us that we need to clear out first... Colin was right, Cousins and Pope are part of the spine of our team so will be extremely difficult to replace (Although in Pope's case I'd expect either Dmitrovic or Phillips to step up)
  • Valley11 said:

Le Fondre's record at this level is very good. He knows Slade (nice to have a manager who actually knows what these type of players can do!) and probably has a base this way from his Reading days.
    Could be our SWP of this League 1 season.

Aah, yes, SWP, the player who turned us down because he preferred sitting on his arse collecting his huge wages for doing nothing....

Or did you mean BWP. :wink:
  • Also with Pope... This is a guy who was almost prepared to leave Charlton for League Two because he wasnt get the chances for us on the pitch... If he joins Burnley he's going to have even less chance so hopefully takes short term playing over long term financial gain.

Do you really think that it will be down to Nick Pope?.
  • edited June 2016
    not fussed with Pope going to be honest
  • not fussed with Pope going to be honest

So presume you won't be fussed by replacement....
  • If Pope leaves, maybe Hendo will stay? He might be hacked off with the owners, but with Slade taking over may see it as a fresh start
  • The thing is with Pope and Cousins going we lose somebody that we have produced as with Gomez, to fund their crap purchases.
  • I just hope Burnley's opponents don't hit low shots along the ground at him
  • not fussed with Pope going to be honest

So presume you won't be fussed by replacement....
    don't particularly rate him and would prefer a more experienced keeper
  • Sponsored links:

• Burnley now have a lot of money, back up first team keeper is a significant position. There may be alternatives out there, but Pope has a lot of years ahead of him and would be the right transfer for him and Burnley.
    It will only be right for Charlton if the finances are good. A decent negotiator ought to get 850 tweaked up to a million, and there ought to be appearance clauses, avoiding relegation clauses, and sell on clauses. Indeed we may have to give Bury Town some of the fee which should be used as a negotiating angle with Burnley.
    We then have to look to ourselves which would likely mean Dillon with his youth and limited experience. I like Phillips a lot, but making him first team first choice is a risk which they'd better get right.
  • Joe Lewis, out of contract at Cardiff, possible replacement for Pope?
  • When we are talking about Pope are we talking about the player or the religious guy ?
  • Cant Burnley just sign Ben Hamer!!
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Thing is this lot need to learn from Polish Pete etc, if we think they are poor other teams will not want to waste the money on them we have, so get rid rather than loan.
    "Get rid" meaning pay up their contracts. Better to loan, get some money in and perhaps they come back improved.
  • Clearing out the Network Nonsense...?

So far Cousins has been linked with Brighton, Pope has been linked with Burnley and Sarr is off to Red Star 93.

That's two of our own players who have come through the U21s so you cant really call them network players, its the foreign dross that was signed and did nothing for us that we need to clear out first... Colin was right, Cousins and Pope are part of the spine of our team so will be extremely difficult to replace (Although in Pope's case I'd expect either Dmitrovic or Phillips to step up)

Hands up those who thought they'd ever read these words on this forum?
  • edited June 2016
    seth plum said:

Burnley now have a lot of money, back up first team keeper is a significant position. There may be alternatives out there, but Pope has a lot of years ahead of him and would be the right transfer for him and Burnley.
    It will only be right for Charlton if the finances are good. A decent negotiator ought to get 850 tweaked up to a million, and there ought to be appearance clauses, avoiding relegation clauses, and sell on clauses. Indeed we may have to give Bury Town some of the fee which should be used as a negotiating angle with Burnley.
    We then have to look to ourselves which would likely mean Dillon with his youth and limited experience. I like Phillips a lot, but making him first team first choice is a risk which they'd better get right.

I didn't LOL this because it was a silly post. I just caught the phrase 'decent negotiator', remembered Katrien and involuntarily tapped the LOL. In a legal sense, it would probably be risky to put the name Katrien Meire alongside a phrase like that, as anything she negotiates could well end up costing us very dear in the future.
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

"Get rid" meaning pay up their contracts. Better to loan, get some money in and perhaps they come back improved.
    I meant get rid as in accept a fee, there is no point holding out for what we (over)paid for them, we just loan them out (probably without a loan fee) until their contract expires. If we get back a third of what we paid now, that is better than being forced to sell off yet another player that has actually done well for us.
  • colin1961 said:

His uncle according to ITTV says he wants the move

All of our players want to go.
  • edited June 2016
    This is what Leftbehind posted on ITTV on 7th June, this comes from Nick Pope's Uncle.

Second bid from Burnley has been accepted.

Also Celtic made a bid as well yesterday.