Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• seth plum said:

The money, whatever it is, will simply mitigate against losses. I fear that even if we achieve big money for Lookman and others it will be set against losses, and in terms of a rebuild we are looking at the Roger Johnson calibre of player, and probably on a free or a very low cost.

Roger Johnson should be an effective defender in League 1 .. a slower and more direct type of game is his forté .. be interesting to see who out of Teixeira, Lennon, Sarr and Bauer will be left to partner him .. one/some of that lot will surely be let go to reduce the wage bill and hopefully bring in a little more cash
  • colin1961 said:

Pope not going to get a look in at Burnley but if he is happy sitting on the bench for the length of his contract earning appox 3 times what he is on at Charlton then there not much the club can do ... 850,000 is an excellent bit of business considering 12/18 months ago everyone was saying get rid and not good enough

Yes, BUT his performances have dramatically improved so using that as a bench mark doesn't make sense.
  • Elliott - second choice at Newcastle
    Randolph - second choice at West Ham
    Hamer - 3rd choice at Leicester

There's a pattern of our former keepers going to higher clubs and not playing

Is Elliott really second choice @ Newcastle now though...?

You cant see them keeping Tim Krul and when fit, Elliott was (surprisingly) ahead of Karl Darlow
  • colin1961 said:

Pope not going to get a look in at Burnley but if he is happy sitting on the bench for the length of his contract earning appox 3 times what he is on at Charlton then there not much the club can do ... 850,000 is an excellent bit of business considering 12/18 months ago everyone was saying get rid and not good enough

I wasn't, always seen huge potential but agree that 850K is excellent business if true.
  • not fussed with Pope going to be honest

So presume you won't be fussed by replacement....
    don't particularly rate him and would prefer a more experienced keeper
    And do you really think, that we will get a more experienced keeper?.
    Thuram's packing his suitcase.
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

The fact that players we actually like and are a valuable asset leaving should be no surprise to anyone, hopefully we can offload the mistakes that this stupid regime bought as well.

Well Naby Sarr looks like a loan deal, so it seems not.

Thing is this lot need to learn from Polish Pete etc, if we think they are poor other teams will not want to waste the money on them we have, so get rid rather than loan.
    "Get rid" meaning pay up their contracts. Better to loan, get some money in and perhaps they come back improved.
    I meant get rid as in accept a fee, there is no point holding out for what we (over)paid for them, we just loan them out (probably without a loan fee) until their contract expires. If we get back a third of what we paid now, that is better than being forced to sell off yet another player that has actually done well for us.
    Selling crap for what you can get for it should be taken as read. Unfortunately, other teams are going to want our gold, not our turds, no matter how much we polish them.
    Somebody idiot always has a turd fetish.
    Some idiot always doesn't know how to write 'Some idiot'.
    Oooops guilty as charged.
  • I hope Pope stays but as good as Heaton is, he's not getting any younger and just like Elliot has at Newcastle, could easily find himself a Premier League number one in time. He'd also earn a nice payday at a stable club.

Or do a Ben Hamer and sit on the bench in the Champion's League. Ben Hamer. A Champion's League player. Let that settle in.

Elliot has spent the majority of his Newcastle career bench warming and only played this year due to their keeper getting injured.
    Precisely my point

You cant see them keeping Tim Krul and when fit, Elliott was (surprisingly) ahead of Karl Darlow
    Elliott won POTY at Newcastle.
    That's like Cousins winning POTY at Charlton...
  • Sponsored links:

To be fair, Newcastle may have stayed up had Elliot remained fit

To be fair, Newcastle may have stayed up had Elliot remained fit
    Maybe if Krul had stayed fit, and definitely if Rafa had come in earlier!

Darlow struggled a bit when he came in, but looked better after a few games. I'm not sure Elliott will automatically be ahead of Darlow now
  • Back on loan for the season?
  • not fussed with Pope going to be honest

So presume you won't be fussed by replacement....
    don't particularly rate him and would prefer a more experienced keeper
    And do you really think, that we will get a more experienced keeper?.
    Thuram's packing his suitcase.
    He'll probably drop it.
    The only goalkeeper I've ever seen who should have had gloves on his feet and boots on his hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Pope not going to get a look in at Burnley

Directly from Sean Dyche's mouth I presume

Just wondering if Dyche is aware he no longer picks the Burnley starting XI?
  • edited June 2016
    Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

I really don't understand why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about Pope. God help this page when Lookman goes

And all based on a Twitter account set up by a 14 year old in his bedroom.
    I assume you missed the bit where his Uncle is reported to have said a fee has been agreed and Pope wants to go. I don't think his Uncle is 14.
  • fenn3098 said:

I really don't understand why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about Pope. God help this page when Lookman goes

Lookman, no surprise if he goes
  • Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

I assume you missed the bit where his Uncle is reported to have said a fee has been agreed and Pope wants to go. I don't think his Uncle is 14.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but where did the Uncle say that ?
  • edited June 2016

fenn3098 said:

Lookman, no surprise if he goes
    if ? when more like.
  • Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

Posted earlier in this thread that it was posted on ITTV message board by a trusted posted.

• Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

Posted earlier in this thread that it was posted on ITTV message board by a trusted posted.

Mmmmm . I'd take anything written on there with a large pinch of salt
  • 850k is not a great deal of money for the player he could become. Admittedly Burnley would be buying potential but hope we would add a sell on fee etc......