Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Burnley must have admired his missile dodging skills at the last game.
  • fenn3098 said:

I really don't understand why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about Pope. God help this page when Lookman goes

Lookman, no surprise if he goes
    if ? when more like.
    Of course it's when. Can't imagine any of them wanting to stay, or having a choice whether they do or not.
  • Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

I really don't understand why some people are getting their knickers in a twist about Pope. God help this page when Lookman goes

And all based on a Twitter account set up by a 14 year old in his bedroom.
    I assume you missed the bit where his Uncle is reported to have said a fee has been agreed and Pope wants to go. I don't think his Uncle is 14.
    I'm not saying you are wrong but where did the Uncle say that ?
    Posted earlier in this thread that it was posted on ITTV message board by a trusted posted.

Mmmmm . I'd take anything written on there with a large pinch of salt
    I post on there.

Always liked the 'earthiness' to it, but a lot of unnecessary slagging of CARD and this board. Strange really when ITTV do nothing towards helping CARD.

• 850k is not a great deal of money for the player he could become. Admittedly Burnley would be buying potential but hope we would add a sell on fee etc......

When I came out of the Blackburn 0-3(again) away game I was thinking we'd get a lot less for Pope than 850k.

Fair play to him, he's overcome his poor start and looked very solid eventually.
  • Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

I assume you missed the bit where his Uncle is reported to have said a fee has been agreed and Pope wants to go. I don't think his Uncle is 14.
    Posted earlier in this thread that it was posted on ITTV message board by a trusted posted.

Why?

There are some excellent posters on there now that Reams has got rid of Nick the village idiot!
  • colin1961 said:

Pope not going to get a look in at Burnley

Directly from Sean Dyche's mouth I presume

Dyche said to me personally "We're going to buy him but I don't rate him and he won't get a look in, that's why we're buying him. That's how you build two promotion winning squads that is, buying players who won't ever get a look in"
    therefore .. keep our squad to (around) 22 players ((:>) .. as per Russ the .. bus (not the coach)
  • £850K.
    Or to put it another way, 0.425% of the money Burnley have just got on promotion. Well dome KM, great negotiation there.

Are you being serious? whatever it is a % to what Burnley get 850K would be a decent price all round. It's not Championship manager 2003/4 where you keep rejecting bids and they keep coming back with higher bids. This is reality and 850K for a 3rd Tier goalkeeper who has had a good 3rd of a season in the championship. I think Pope has huge amounts of potential but we are in a position where everyone is available at a price and despite everything you she and Roland have done wrong, if they've negotiated 850K for Pope then at this current time I think they've done well.
    1. Do you really think we will get £850K upfront. That will be linked to performance.
    2. He showed signs at the end of last season that he could be worth more in years to come.
    3. We will get no where constantly selling players. Every summer we get same old. Sell a player, everyone says, doesn't really matter cause he isn't that great, we replace with some one worse.
    4. I have never player Championship Manager, I have better things to do with my time.
  • Think a lot of people forget to take into consideration what the player wants. Contract or not if they want away then that's usually that's that. I understand Pope wants the move .
  • Think a lot of people forget to take into consideration what the player wants. Contract or not if they want away then that's usually that's that. I understand Pope wants the move .

Great point, and my thinking exactly. Again, for all we can criticize the board for (including the fact that we're in League One), now that we are in League One, most of our players will want to leave to further their careers.
  • Sponsored links:

• And to not have to ever speak to or deal with Katrien ever again.
  • Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

fenn3098 said:

Why?

There are some excellent posters on there now that Reams has got rid of Nick the village idiot!
    Incorruptible writes a lot of good stuff.....

I gather he has waived his signing on fee in exchange for this.
  • Redrobo said:

Joke club Bolton. Fancy not having sorted a manager yet. Some club, huh.

They had a club to sell first, unlike us unfortunately.
    colin1961 said:

If Pope leaves, maybe Hendo will stay? He might be hacked off with the owners, but with Slade taking over may see it as a fresh start

No thanks we need a keeper that going to play more then 5 games without getting injured
    You forget his skill in taking press conferences when the cowards go missing - especially given Daisy has yet to find a Head of Comms.
  • Redrobo said:

He made a couple of saves the like of which that I have not seen since the days of Dean.

He is going to be a top GK in my view. Pity it will not be with us.

I agree providing he learns to deal with low bouncing balls - I am not sure he is yet ready to play in Premiership games.
  • £850K.
    Or to put it another way, 0.425% of the money Burnley have just got on promotion. Well dome KM, great negotiation there.

Are you being serious? whatever it is a % to what Burnley get 850K would be a decent price all round. It's not Championship manager 2003/4 where you keep rejecting bids and they keep coming back with higher bids. This is reality and 850K for a 3rd Tier goalkeeper who has had a good 3rd of a season in the championship. I think Pope has huge amounts of potential but we are in a position where everyone is available at a price and despite everything you she and Roland have done wrong, if they've negotiated 850K for Pope then at this current time I think they've done well.
    1. Do you really think we will get £850K upfront. That will be linked to performance.
    2. He showed signs at the end of last season that he could be worth more in years to come.
    3. We will get no where constantly selling players. Every summer we get same old. Sell a player, everyone says, doesn't really matter cause he isn't that great, we replace with some one worse.
    4. I have never player Championship Manager, I have better things to do with my time.
    1. I didn't say upfront, installments means you still get 850k.

2. As I've said he could potentially be worth more than that but at this time 850k is good money. Him playing second fiddle to an recently capped English goalkeeper who's peaking tells me he won't progress as he should.

3. Reality check, we have just been relegated to the third division, we HAVE to sale players so if we get a good fee for pope which means we can keep a more important player like Kashi or Bauer I'd be happy to let him go.

4. Well done for having better things to do. I spent lots of time on it and don't regret it for a second.

I'm guessing this may have been a tongue in cheek comment but probably very very accurate
  • Nope, I think that may feature in a number of players thoughts as they leave and a number of targets thoughts as they choose to accept less money and go elsewhere.
  • Personally surprised little or no rumours yet around Hendo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not so special K
  • What does Colin1961/BexleyBoy get out of 'keyboard life'?
  • That is an open question to you Colin1961/BexleyBoy.
  • That is an open question to you Colin1961/BexleyBoy.

He won't answer . He never does.
  • I can't find the Ali RIP thread.

Just watching something now, best quote from Heorge Foreman 'people ask me did you lose to the best boxer, I find that insulting, boxing was something that Ali did, he was one of the best men that there has ever been on this earth'

Pretty sure posters mentioned not getting that sort of accolade.
  • Personally surprised little or no rumours yet around Hendo.

I saw somewhere that Portsmouth want him and he wants the move back to his former club! Probably rubbish coz come to think of it, it was football rumours I saw it on
  • So if you turn up with the self expressed aim of winding people up, then you have to expect a reaction, if you didn't get one you would be disappointed.

I don't think the response is bullying but I do think it gives the feed he needs to carry on with his thing.

That said, sometimes I think that's good, so I wouldn't change a thing in terms of the WUM and the bites.

Not my thing and wouldn't want to be that WUM, but if it's what Colin wants, I say let him carry on.