Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• They have to replace Gudmundsson minimum.

That's Holmes.

*Gudmundssons assists. I'm not sure Holmes will be capable of that.
  • Would Thompson be a good addition ?
  • Redhenry said:

Was told talks ongoing with a midfielder. Don't know who but could be Thompson

Louis Thompson was the 2nd player I was told that would be signing yesterday. Was told a permanent deal rather than loan.
  • Redhenry said:

Could it be finalised today redhenry do you know ???
  • Looks like a replacement for Cousins. We certainly need his energy in midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

They have to replace Gudmundsson minimum.

This. Keeping it down to only 11 assists in a whole season could be tricky if we've now got 3 new players that supposedly scored more goals last season than our championship level squad got between them
  • We only have Thompson linked with us so surely it's only him ???
  • Redhenry said:

Louis Thompson was the 2nd player I was told that would be signing yesterday. Was told a permanent deal rather than loan.
    I'm assuming that a loan would be quicker to complete rather than a permanent transfer which is why this wasn't finalised yesterday
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Thompson_(English_footballer)

Links with both Norwich & Swindon, what with Ajose & now Rudd, there could be some legs on this one. Charlton midfield could definitely do with some more legs. Not sure if he fits the creative midfielder needed to tee up chances for AJose as Wikki doesn't mention assists.

133 appearances - 128 in league one (2 goals).

Swindon player of the year, 2012/13, 2013/14 -

Unfortunately, that's Nathan Thompson brother of

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Thompson.

Nathan is his brother - 75 appearances - 2 goals, Welsh Under 21.

No idea if Louis Thompson is any good but the Swindon / Norwich connection holds.
  • vff said:

Links with both Norwich & Swindon, what with Ajose & now Rudd, there could be some legs on this one. Charlton midfield could definitely do with some more legs.

(Not sure if he fits the creative midfielder needed to tee up chances for AJose).

I thought it was Louis Thompson we are after?

That's Holmes.

Good point.
  • Rob7Lee said:

cafc4life said:

dicks out lads, where gonna win the league

Get a grip man!! Didn't we have Scot Carson when we got relegated. A good keeper doesn't get promotion alone, it helps if the 10 in front do their job as well......
    One of the best whoosh moments in recent memory.
  • vff said:

Links with both Norwich & Swindon, what with Ajose & now Rudd, there could be some legs on this one. Charlton midfield could definitely do with some more legs. Not sure if he fits the creative midfielder needed to tee up chances for AJose as Wikki doesn't mention assists.

133 appearances - 128 in league one (2 goals).

Swindon player of the year, 2012/13, 2013/14 - that's a good sign.

It's this Thompson, rather than Nathan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Thompson
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited August 2016
    God you lot are quick, (was in process of changing the post mix up). Duchatelet is right, none of you have jobs :wink:
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Louis Thompson, not his brother, Nathan, who his 25 as to Louis, 21, Louis has at least played pretty consistently in League One for Swindon over the last 2 years, no idea of how good he is or the type of creative / forward playing midfielder / or decent wide midfield that Charlton need. Welsh Under 21, so probably knows Morgan Fox as well.

Edit - @SDAddick says that Louis Thompson is another defensive midfielder.

Bit off the pace today !
  • vff said:

Louis Thompson, not his brother, Nathan, who his 25 as to Louis, 21, Louis has at least played pretty consistently in League One for Swindon over the last 2 years, no idea of how good he is or the type of creative / forward playing midfielder / or decent wide midfield that Charlton need. Welsh Under 21, so probably knows Morgan Fox as well.

Edit @SDAddick says that Louis Thompson is another defensive midfielder.

Bit off the pace today !

I think you were behind my post by about 30 seconds. I have the typing ferocity only accomplished through insomnia.

@Dazzler21 what'd I do to get a LOL? I'm such a funny person sometimes I don't even realize when I'm being funny. It's a burden.
  • It was the checking FIFA bit!

Made me chuckle.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

No, was told yesterday that talks are ongoing with a midfielder. Was told weeks ago that Louis was on our radar.
  • Dazzler21 said:

It was the checking FIFA bit!

Made me chuckle.

Mate, it's those kind of skills that will get me hired as a scout for us one day...just as soon as I reduce my wage demands to nothing.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

vff said:

Edit @SDAddick says that Louis Thompson is another defensive midfielder.

Bit off the pace today !

I think you were behind my post by about 30 seconds. I have the typing ferocity only accomplished through insomnia.

@Dazzler21 what'd I do to get a LOL? I'm such a funny person sometimes I don't even realize when I'm being funny. It's a burden.
    It only takes a second to score a goal though @SDAddick and in 30 seconds that's 30 goals. No gold medals for second place either etc.

Its quality work @SDAddick. I didn't even consider checking FIFA & I'm at home.
  • Redhenry said:

FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

No, was told yesterday that talks are ongoing with a midfielder. Was told weeks ago that Louis was on our radar.
    Have you got any news on Jason Pearce joking at all redhenry???
  • FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

Have you got any news on Jason Pearce joking at all redhenry???
    yep he does a blinding knock knock.
    Poxy predicted text ain't it lol I meant joining