Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• @Redhenry - any idea what I'm having for dinner tonight? :smiley:

Keep all your domestic activities to the general things that annoy you thread
  • shirty5 said:

News shopper reporting it's unlikely that Thompson from Norwich will be joining

I look forward to watching him play saturday then.
  • iamdan said:

Darren Purse seen leaving Charlton Makro.

Hayden Mullins was in Eltham McDonald's earlier too
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
  • Emil Heskey just been seen tripping up the pavement outside The Valley Cafe.

Emil Heskey always went down easily, I bet he will claim compensation
  • Julian Gray curb crawling by Charlton Park...
  • Heard Reo-Coker could be back on.
  • Thats a joke isnt it - he is basically retired isnt he?
  • WSS said:

Heard Reo-Coker could be back on.

Fuck me, that's right, he was at Montreal!!! Another great U-21 captain. Was released earlier this year apparently.

Wait, you weren't talking about coming to us, were you...? I don't want US to re-create that U-21 side (I'd have Onuoha in a heartbeat though). Far too many players with ideas above their stations.
  • SDAddick said:

O'hara is training with San Jose Earthquakes this week, there's probably more chance of an earthquake at the valley than him signing.

Brilliant. My local MLS team the Portland Timbers just signed Steven Taylor to partner Liam Ridgewell in defense. Tyrone Mears is up at Seattle, we're going to have a collection of England nearly-men with loads of U-21 caps on the west coast of the US!

Where is Frazier Campbell these days? Gary O'Neil just signed for....Wolves, is it? Someone decent. Basically it's my hope to re-create the England U-21 side circa 2009 when they got battered by THAT German U-21 side in the final.

Edit: Giles Barnes is at Houston, and Andrew "No technically he wasn't Scottish" Driver was at Houston Dynamo but recently joined De Graafschap because let's be honest, who could turn down a chance to play with Polish Pete?
    Portland are my team, watch them pretty much every week - they just lost their regular CB to a probably career ending injury given his age. Looking forward to seeing Taylor & Ridgewell play together - they will do well at this level.

In Charlton related MLS news Dom Dwyer is wanted by Greek Champions Olympiakos - his club are trying to keep him. BWP is now all time leading scorer for New York Red Bulls & as today is the last day of the MLS transfer window could Jorge Texeira make the move to New York as he was supposed to last year?
  • SDAddick said:

O'hara is training with San Jose Earthquakes this week, there's probably more chance of an earthquake at the valley than him signing.

Brilliant. My local MLS team the Portland Timbers just signed Steven Taylor to partner Liam Ridgewell in defense. Tyrone Mears is up at Seattle, we're going to have a collection of England nearly-men with loads of U-21 caps on the west coast of the US!

Where is Frazier Campbell these days? Gary O'Neil just signed for....Wolves, is it? Someone decent. Basically it's my hope to re-create the England U-21 side circa 2009 when they got battered by THAT German U-21 side in the final.

Edit: Giles Barnes is at Houston, and Andrew "No technically he wasn't Scottish" Driver was at Houston Dynamo but recently joined De Graafschap because let's be honest, who could turn down a chance to play with Polish Pete?
    If Andy Driver had been allowed to play for Scotland he would have about 800 caps by now.
  • My source has just seen Mateja Kežman leaving the Valley Grill, what could this mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Portland are my team, watch them pretty much every week - they just lost their regular CB to a probably career ending injury given his age. Looking forward to seeing Taylor & Ridgewell play together - they will do well at this level.

In Charlton related MLS news Dom Dwyer is wanted by Greek Champions Olympiakos - his club are trying to keep him. BWP is now all time leading scorer for New York Red Bulls & as today is the last day of the MLS transfer window could Jorge Texeira make the move to New York as he was supposed to last year?
    Good to know! Yeah, I saw that about Nat Borchers. It's a shame. Quality beard. Not been overly impressed with what I've seen from him as a footballer, but he's probably better than Steven Taylor (a slightly younger RoJo in the pointy sweary shit at the footbally bit).

I want to make it to Portland for a match, I'm about 2 hours outside PDX. Have had tickets to two Thorns games but have had to miss out due to my own illness and then the pups'.
  • edited August 2016
    Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

I don't think he's quite of that standard. Also, his wife, a brilliant footballer and World Cup Winner/Olympic Gold Medalist in her own right is eight months or something preggers. They both play for the Kansas City team, so I suspect he'll want to stay put.

BWP has happily found his level, and has enjoyed having Henry, Lloyd Sam, his brother, and various other solid MLS players creating for him since he moved to New York.

As far as Tex goes, I think he could probably do better. The problem with what I assume would be loaning him out there (since he's on such a long contract) is that there's only a couple months left of their season. And I don't think it's a massive step up in quality, and some weeks might even be a drop in quality.
  • se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

If Andy Driver had been allowed to play for Scotland he would have about 800 caps by now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Driver

Technically he is, they CHANGED A RULE in 2010 to make him eligible. Still yet to play for Scotland though...That's gotta really hurt.
  • Nile Ranger has joined Southend, phew glad we missed that one!!!!!
  • Thanks for the link Ross - surprisingly informed for the Standard.
  • Jimmy Bullard seen in pub in Crayford !
  • Jimmy Bullard seen in pub in Crayford !

Sober or drunk? I always thought he was a better player when he had a skinful. F'ing Johnson and a drunken Bullard what a line up