Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• barstool said:

FAVADDICK said:

barstool said:

FAVADDICK said:

barstool said:

barstool said:

cafc4life said:

barstool said:

It's not from the club, external source.

Football rumours.com
    No, a good source
    Daddy's?
    Watch out for the confirmation tomorrow!
    I hope your right barstool
    Im in the know on this one,
    So your 100% sure then

My source is external, others seem now to be hearing from within.
    Good I hope your right !!!
  • Pearce, Abraham and Gillespie would be very decent, even if it means Teixeira moving on, though i hope no one comes in for him
  • edited August 2016
    Doesn't mean it's not him. Lots of talk that the Prem teams won't be making their final decision on who to loan out until closer to the window closing. It's entirely possible that we inquired early and were told to wait but could very much still be an option for him.
  • Doesn't mean its not him. Lots of talk that the Prem teams won't be making their final decision on who to loan out until closer to the window closing. Its entirely possible that we inquired early and were told to wait but could very much still be an option for him.
    I hope so mate
  • edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

Pearce, Abraham and Gillespie would be very decent, even if it means Teixeira moving on, though i hope no one comes in for him

Tex will surely go - you don't have Pearce, Tex, Bauer, Johnson, Lennon and Konsa at centre half in a league 1 squad.
  • Can we please pay Johnson to go?
  • Maybe, but every time I have seen him play, he shouts at the other players when it's his fault, and it often seemed to be, he has a big idea of his own ability based presumably on past glories and I would rather he was not a part of the club.

• I'd be happy with those players but we still really need midfielders so I hope that gets addressed
  • edited August 2016
    barstool said:

FAVADDICK said:

barstool said:

FAVADDICK said:

barstool said:

barstool said:

cafc4life said:

barstool said:

It's not from the club, external source.

Football rumours.com
    No, a good source
    Daddy's?
    Watch out for the confirmation tomorrow!
    I hope your right barstool
    Im in the know on this one,
    So your 100% sure then

My source is external, others seem now to be hearing from within.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tammy Abraham won't give us much lookman can't already , forget signing youngsters on loan we have enough of own
  • CH4RLTON said:

Tammy Abraham won't give us much lookman can't already , forget signing youngsters on loan we have enough of own

You think Lookmans gonna stay?
  • CH4RLTON said:

Tammy Abraham won't give us much lookman can't already , forget signing youngsters on loan we have enough of own

What 6 ft 3 Tammy Abraham won't offer anything different to 5 ft 3 Ademola Lookman?
    The fact he's over 6ft doesnt make him a target man... Look at Deon Burton he wasnt the tallest yet played that role brilliantly
  • Well, I might be proved wrong. But I find the concept of a professionally run club like Chelsea lending any of their players to a basket case like us totally laughable.
    Why would they risk destroying a young player's career?
  • CH4RLTON said:

What 6 ft 3 Tammy Abraham won't offer anything different to 5 ft 3 Ademola Lookman?
    The fact he's over 6ft doesnt make him a target man... Look at Deon Burton he wasnt the tallest yet played that role brilliantly
    Don't think he means he's a target man. Abraham is much more physically developed than Lookman, he isn't solely reliant on pace to get past people. It would offer something different to Lookman.
  • Ketts is saying that if there is an agreement between the Clubs then Pearce could be joining today. There was also a player due to leave but this has hit a snag. No mention of any other players. I think talk of Tammy Abraham is fanciful. I can't see that happening.
  • There's and obsession with Wingers and target men on here . Leicester won the premier league with neither
  • come on charlton, get this done, keep lookman, and another striker in,
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:

There's and obsession with Wingers and target men on here . Leicester won the premier league with neither

What about Mahrez? - He's a winger yet just got used in the right system with the right players so wasnt just a case of bombing down the flanks before crossing from the bi-line... Same with Ulloa and Shinji Okazaki both were in the team to make a nuisance of themselves and be the man between Drinkwater / Kante and Vardy

If anything Leicester proved that you dont need a creative Central-Midfielder, rather two people who are fit enough to cover every blade of grass who can nulify attacks from the opposition whilst supporting attacks.

If we have Jackson and Crofts in the middle I'm not worried about the pace, what they need is to have the positional awareness and the ability to know when to get forward else when the ball goes into the box you'll only really have Ajose plus one other to aim at which the opposition Defenders will gobble up all day long (i.e. One of Jackson's abilities has always been his timing when to get into the box)
  • CH4RLTON said:

Don't think he means he's a target man. Abraham is much more physically developed than Lookman, he isn't solely reliant on pace to get past people. It would offer something different to Lookman.
    Agreed... And I'd be very surprised if Abraham has had to head the ball too often @ Chelsea...

Reckon there is a LOT of emphasis to keep the ball on the Ground and pass it around rather than the hit and hope type ball
  • wmcf123 said:

There's and obsession with Wingers and target men on here . Leicester won the premier league with neither

Albrighton?
    A winger in the John Robinson sense
  • Lookman is more of a winger/inside forward than an out and out striker.
  • edited August 2016
  • How Barca won so much with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez etc without a Makienok type player is beyond me..

This is my point . Our really effective target men in my time going have been Andy Hunt and Yann, while Leaburn and Bartlett had their moments . The Makienok/Abbott/ Sodje/ Iwelumo types have coincided with very average teams and invariably awful football
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

Albrighton?
    A winger in the John Robinson sense
    Eh? Albrighton is a winger in the most traditional sense possible. Gets the ball, looks up, crosses. Gets the ball, runs at his fullback, crosses. He has a great workrate as well but he's one of the last old school English wingers in existence.
  • How Barca won so much with Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez etc without a Makienok type player is beyond me..

So that's where we've gone wrong, all we need to do is fill the team with some of the best attacking players who have ever lived and we'll be okay.

Br7_addick for DoF with wmcf123 as his assistant