Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I would suggest it is the Foley deal being done. Just doing the medical and signing on the dotted line so he can play or be in the squad for Saturday.

Would you really need to do a medical for a player who has been training with the squad for a month???
    For insurance purposes yes.
    I'm pretty sure they would have covered all that in preseason as a usual routine thereby making a medical obsolete
  • you have it wrong. We want to make sure he is injured before we sign him!
  • I would suggest it is the Foley deal being done. Just doing the medical and signing on the dotted line so he can play or be in the squad for Saturday.

Would you really need to do a medical for a player who has been training with the squad for a month???
    For insurance purposes yes.
    I'm pretty sure they would have covered all that in preseason as a usual routine thereby making a medical obsolete
    Has Foley signed a contract as Croft has yet and if so when was it ?
  • No Foley has not signed a contract, but I think the player having a medical is Jason Pearce.
  • you have it wrong. We want to make sure he is injured before we sign him!

Medical team and CEO behaving like second hand car dealers looking to get themselves the best deal on a part exchange.
  • Rudd, Solly, Pearce, Bauer/Johnson, Fox

Hamer, Solly, Taylor/Cort, Morrison, Wiggins

Good comparison.

Really need to get the central midfield signing right as that is where we are lacking (amongst other things such as squad depth).
  • Redhenry said:

Louis is next

What Louis Thompson redhenry is that today ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Louis is next

Swindon Town supporter sitting behind me in the office literally just said he is pacey, good on the ball, and energetic. Their best player along with Ajose last year. Has potential to get more goals in a better team.

• Redhenry said:

Louis is next

Wasn't Cawley saying he wouldn't be happening?
  • FAVADDICK said:

Redhenry said:

Louis is next

What Louis Thompson redhenry is that today ???
    Tomlinson actually, will be player/pitchside announcer.
  • Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Louis is next

Might have been a problem but must have been sorted. Cawleys contacts are good.
  • Redhenry said:

Been told Pearce is the one having a medical and Louis is next.

Rudd, Solly, Pearce, Bauer, Fox, Holmes, Thompson, Crofts, Lookman, Novak, Ajose

Thats your starting line up. Could Konsa cover Solly's knees? Leaving the two more being another striker and another midfielder?

Bench players - Phillips, Johnson, Holmes-Dennis, Konsa, Lennon, Harriott, Jackson, Ba, New Striker, New Midfielder, Ahearne Grant. Diarra and Kashi come back to add depth or get sold.

Sold - Tex, probably another.

Could be worse....
  • Can see these leaving before the month is up.

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman
  • Pearce, Foley and Thompson... plus a target man and I'll be feeling a bit better going into September.
  • Thompson in before Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:

Can see these leaving before the month is up.

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman

All four will not be sold. In fact, I will say now at least 2 will be here in September, possibly 3.
  • robroy said:

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman

And thats where the regime prove themselves or dig another hole.

Lose Tex? Fair enough - we have a strong defence without him now. Lose Harriott and Lookman? Thats crazy and if they do that then we have no cover.

Lose Fox? Play Holmes Dennis in a more Wiggins style role, but you need back up.
  • sam3110 said:

robroy said:

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman

All four will not be sold. In fact, I will say now at least 2 will be here in September, possibly 3.
    Fingers crossed mate. Just hope West Ham don't poach Fox after missing out on a few left back targets.
  • sam3110 said:

robroy said:

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman

A bold statement, I do hope you are right.
  • So Pearce being one of the signings, Thompson another, so, striker and an attacking mid the others? I'd be worried if we sign Foley now if we sign Thompson, nothing attacking in midfield.
  • Redhenry said:

@Barstool is spot on with the Pearce info

good to get the scoop, I knew before the club
  • robroy said:

sam3110 said:

robroy said:

Fox-Harriott-Tex-Lookman

Fingers crossed mate. Just hope West Ham don't poach Fox after missing out on a few left back targets.
    He is nowhere near prem class.
  • So does anybody know if they will both sign today ???
  • Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Louis is next

Wasn't that newshopper?
  • These first three games should be 9 points no ifs no buts, but I feel we won't be back to full strength until at least September!! Could be costly.