Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Louis Thompson
  • Why can't we get Morsy in? He's quality at L1 level
  • 100% this is Harriott s level, playing with better players alongside side him this season could be the making of him as a Charlton player
  • 100% this is Harriott s level, playing with better players alongside side him this season could be the making of him as a Charlton player

That miss away to Fulham is nothing to do with what level you are at our who's playing alongside you, and moments like that sum up for me why he won't ever be a quality player
  • sam3110 said:

100% this is Harriott s level, playing with better players alongside side him this season could be the making of him as a Charlton player

That miss away to Fulham is nothing to do with what level you are at our who's playing alongside you, and moments like that sum up for me why he won't ever be a quality player
    For me it's moments like when he did a Cryuff turn, fell over and immediately went off injured that highlighted why he'll never be a quality player

• sam3110 said:

100% this is Harriott s level, playing with better players alongside side him this season could be the making of him as a Charlton player

He'll be inconsistent, like most wingers, and he'll miss chances. But he'll also produce moments of good quality and he'll try and stretch defences. Colchester fans loved him at this level, perhaps we will get to see that this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

I cannot take this anymore!!

I'm off to Sparrows with my flask.

Bring an extra cup and a blanket - I'm not up to much today myself.
  • I think Callum could do with a lot of hours of mindblowingly boring practice at shooting, and quicker decision making. He has plenty of skill and touch, but some areas of his game are not second nature to him as they should be, and maybe could be with the extra work.
    One advantage regarding Callum is the 'Leaburn' factor.
    By that I mean he may have limitations, but defences don't like the graft they have to put in to deal with him. With a player like Danny Green for example he was never enough of a pain in the arse as he should've been.
    Ricky Holmes looks to have that pain in the arse quality too.
    (yeah I know which thread this should also be on!)
  • edited August 2016

sam3110 said:

He'll be inconsistent, like most wingers, and he'll miss chances. But he'll also produce moments of good quality and he'll try and stretch defences. Colchester fans loved him at this level, perhaps we will get to see that this season.
    I'm convinced that Harriott could be a very decent Championship winger in the right environment, probably in a team that plays more direct football than we have in recent years.

Consistency is an obvious issue for Harriott, but it is for all wingers outside the top level. In my opinion, you're allowed to lose the ball plenty trying things in forward positions as long as over the 90mins you either cut in and create enough chances or swing in enough good crosses.

Edit: Adding a rumour to make this relevant... I feel like he wants to leave and will do in the next couple of weeks.
  • sam3110 said:

I agree. If he stays then according to most I'm to expect him to rip this league to shreds. Won't hold my breath.
  • Gone 1pm no announcement. Does that mean Pearce can't play tomorrow? Not a problem if Tex is over his "knock" but a big ask for Konsa to debut 1st match with our up and down pre-season. Does anyone know if Kashi went under the knife? 4 months seems a very specific recovery period for someone who has already been out for months with same injury.

Today is Thursday, we play Saturday.
  • Gone 1pm no announcement. Does that mean Pearce can't play tomorrow? Not a problem if Tex is over his "knock" but a big ask for Konsa to debut 1st match with our up and down pre-season. Does anyone know if Kashi went under the knife? 4 months seems a very specific recovery period for someone who has already been out for months with same injury.

I'm pretty sure today is Thursday! no game tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hey. Never saw that coming (if true). Rudd and now Pearce may yet give us a real edge in this league.
  • I've been basically against every move the board have done since signing Ajose but fair play this is a good one.
  • Great signings - BUT ITS NOT ENOUGH
  • Another good signing by Slade if true. Give him more funds and more freedom Katrien.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Anyone know what day it is today?

Colin insists it's Thursday, but what does he know?