Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Three more players before the end of august.

• sam3110 said:

Rob7Lee said:

£1.5m apparently.

If true, and i am incredibly sceptical that 1.5m would be up front, if it totals that at all, then that is a signal of intent in my opinion.

There is no way an owner either selling the club, or happy to spin wheels in League 1, spends that on one player
    Depends how much we are getting for Harrioot/Lookman/Tex
    I beg to differ, why spend that money if we get it? He could have signed a central defender on a free, and pocketed the money from selling those three if he really wanted to.

Besides, like I have said before I seriously doubt we'll be selling all 3.
  • Previously linked, Conor Grant joins Ipswich on loan from Everton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36977331
  • Not that bothered if Tex goes now to be honest, we've got cover in place and he's allways injured anyway

Always injured?

Tex has been with us 8 months and the injury I can recall has been the niggle that's kept him out for the last couple of weeks (or is he wrapped in cotton wool and transfer ready?)

• Not that bothered if Tex goes now to be honest, we've got cover in place and he's allways injured anyway

Hahahah
  • cafc4life said:

Please not this Steven Dawson

HAHAHAHAHAHAA
  • Texeira's a good player and obviously ideally he'd be a perfect partner for Pearce. But if he does go we have Lennon, Johnson and Bauer. 4 good options for this level, with Konsa as cover for injuries.

Obvs if you could pick 4 senior centre-halves to stay from that lot you'd go Pearce, Tex, Bauer and Lennon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Splodge said:

Texeira's a good player and obviously ideally he'd be a perfect partner for Pearce. But if he does go we have Lennon, Johnson and Bauer. 4 good options for this level, with Konsa as cover for injuries.

Obvs if you could pick 4 senior centre-halves to stay from that lot you'd go Pearce, Tex, Bauer and Lennon.

Plus Diarra who can cover CB. If we could have swapped Johnson for Buxton as RB/CB cover than I would be very happy with our defence.
  • So does anybody know any more about Louis Thompson joining yet ???
  • 4 plates in Tracey Leaburns latest Twitter post.... Whose taking the picture? ;)
  • I live not far from Woking and a couple of their fans have been very complimentary about Thomas. Think him and Konza need to go on loan, lower L1 or L2 as DickP also rates Yao so could be emergency. Sure JJ could cover also. Could our skipper play up top if Novak not fit? Not about pace at this level.

That's just as well then!,.
  • I live not far from Woking and a couple of their fans have been very complimentary about Thomas. Think him and Konza need to go on loan, lower L1 or L2 as DickP also rates Yao so could be emergency. Sure JJ could cover also. Could our skipper play up top if Novak not fit? Not about pace at this level.

Jackson at centre back or centre forward. I've heard it all now.

If his legs have gone he could play in goal
    He couldn't have played either whilst he still had his legs.

• Sponsored links:

I don't think harveys knows what day it is.

Wins the prize, for the most ridiculous post of the day. He would be about as mobile as SM....
  • edited August 2016

I live not far from Woking and a couple of their fans have been very complimentary about Thomas. Think him and Konza need to go on loan, lower L1 or L2 as DickP also rates Yao so could be emergency. Sure JJ could cover also. Could our skipper play up top if Novak not fit? Not about pace at this level.

I don't think harveys knows what day it is.
    Think about it. He is 6'1" and at least 80 kg. Despite two poor years for goals he has about 1 in 4 for us and Yann took over fk duties in this time. Good touch and control so ideal back to goal player. OK not going to outpace a defender but you could imagine turn and volleys or putting through Ajosi. Hold up players don't need to cover a lot of ground or be quick. Intelligent bloke and experienced. Of course only if Novak is crocked. Or perhaps we could loan Mak as cover once Preston realise he is shit.
  • edited August 2016
    In an ideal world I would want the below.

Rudd
    A.N. Other Gillespie?
    Phillips- out on loan

Solly
    A.N. Other Foley?

Fox
    THD

Pearce
    Tex Probably off
    Bauer
    Lenton
    Johnson
    Konsa

Holmes
    A.N. Other Foley could be last resort here?

Harriot
    Lookman (as long as they both stay)

kashi -can't count as long term inj
    Diarra - ditto
    Crofts
    Jackson
    A.N. Other box to box Gobern? Thompson?
    A.N. Other creative
    Ba
    Muldoon
    Charlie-Charles

Novak
    A.N. Other
    Ajose
    Hanlan
    Umerah
    KAG
    Kennedy

Have I missed anyone?

So to me an ideal world would be 6 more.

In reality. Phillips would be no2 even if it's not the best for his development. Foley will cover 3 positions and we will get 1 CM and 1 striker. That will see is comfortable and with luck we can challenge higher but to be sure of challenging I want all of those in.
  • edited August 2016
    Ba? Beeney? YanFan? Perhaps Edwards may get a look in despite last two not in PS. Think Ba under-rated but language an issue, perhaps Diarra his new best friend.

Konza may get game time like Gomez as cover at RB. Good intro.
  • Johnson is utter shite . I hope either Bauer or Texeira stays and then we should be covered at centre back . Now for a mobile midfielder and another forward
  • Ba? Beeney? YanFan? Perhaps Edwards may get a look in despite last two not in PS. Think Ba under-rated but language an issue, perhaps Diarra his new best friend.

Konza may get game time like Gomez as cover at RB. Good intro.

Thanks i forgot Ba if only it was that easy to miss his dreadful performances.... As Beeney and Yambamfamalamajam haven't featured in preseason I expect them to remain in the U21s
  • @harveys gardener

There are no circumstances where Jackson would be picked as a target man or for that matter centre back. Trust me on this one.
  • We have PL aspirations. If we are not looking short term we need to hold onto those players whom can perform at the next level up. Therefore :

Rudd
    A.N. Other
    Phillips- out on loan

Solly
    A.N. Other (not Foley)

Fox
    THD

Pearce
    Tex
    Bauer
    Lenton
    Konsa

Holmes
    A.N. Other

Harriot
    Lookman

kashi
    Diarra
    Crofts
    Jackson
    A.N. Other x2 creative
    Charles Cook

Novak
    A.N. Other
    Ajose
    Hanlan
    Umerah
    KAG
    Kennedy

all missed senior players are missed on purpose!

6 more