Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Harriot is out of contract at the end of this season and will probably leave (let's be honest who would want to stay) so can understand why the club are selling...
  • Maybe Jackson on left and Holmes on the right cutting in
  • 442/4321
  • Everyone goes on about wingers but I think they are an endangered species these days, back in the days of Chris Waddle everybody had one. A drop of the shoulder or a little trick to buy a yard and then a dangerous cross, now crossing seems to be the remit of the fullback. Wide players either simply tuck in or play as a wide striker, looking to get shots away. Pace and strength are valued far more than tricks these days and Harriott is that all over, he can score but doesn't often deliver a cross. In a decent side he will look good.
  • Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Nd he has an attitude problem, thinks he is better than he actually is, he will be a league 2 player in 3 years. The only problem I have is the timing, we have 5.5 hours for a replacement in time to play at bury
    Ah the old imaginary 'attitude problem'
    Imaginary? No, witnessed it first hand. A mate played for vcd and I went to see a Kent cup match a few years bank. Harriot murdered them, scored and created a few. After 30 minutes he demanded to be substituted because he had done his job. When eventually tackled he started on the guy and questioned who he was and what has he done. Harriot had only played 2-3 first team games at this point.

I imagine that you imagine he hasn't got an attitude problem and he is in fact as good as messi
    No you're right. He's got messi in his Twitter name so he must be as good as him.

And I'm sure the semi-pro playing against a young professional wasn't dishing out any stick before hand as well. Harriott bit and now he's got an attitude problem for the rest of his career. Rightyo.
  • Two in today. Foley and one other. Also one out.

Possibly. I may have just made that up!
  • Calumn Messi? I reckon he rates himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Two in today. Foley and one other. Also one out.

Not funny
  • edited August 2016
    Redhenry said:

Maybe Jackson on left and Holmes on the right cutting in

That's who I'd play certainly at the moment. Jacko may be in his twilight years and won't strip most full backs for pace but he'll put in a shift each and every game, will track back when needed and will be one of the better ball crossers in this division, can tackle and is a good shield for Fox. Think Walsh & Minto (although I'm not directly comparing Fox to Minto!)

I expect he'll start more away games than home where experience and graft will be important.

Dont underestimate what the skipper has still to give even if it won't be 90 minutes every game. I think having experience on the left wing (and also CB) will get the best out of fox too.

He'll also get a few goals.
  • J BLOCK said:

Two in today. Foley and one other. Also one out.

Not funny
    Smile. The sun is out!
  • Rob7Lee said:

Redhenry said:

That's who I'd play certainly at the moment. Jacko may be in his twilight years and won't strip most full backs for pace but he'll put in a shift each and every game, will track back when needed and will be one of the better ball crossers in this division, can tackle and is a good shield for Fox. Think Walsh & Minto (although I'm not directly comparing Fox to Minto!)

I expect he'll start more away games than home where experience and graft will be important.

Dont underestimate what the skipper has still to give even if it won't be 90 minutes every game. I think having experience on the left wing (and also CB) will get the best out of fox too.

This.

There is one HUGE advantage playing Jacko on left wing over Harriott. So much better cover defensively for Fox...
  • Rob7Lee said:

Redhenry said:

No. Just no.

Jackos a Charlton man and all that - but it would be painful to watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seem to remember an interview with Calumn as well 'so Calumn who is the best player technically in the squad.' 'I am.'
  • Maybe Reading think they're getting Ainsley Harriot as an addition to their catering staff.

Maybe.
  • We shouldn't be letting Callum go unless it's for silly money. He's not good enough for the Championship but he's proven he'd be one of the best wingers in league 1.

He'll need replacing along with another centre mid, striker and cover at RB, that should be the minimum we're looking to bring in.
  • Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Just another Wagstaff I'm afraid!
  • We shouldn't be letting Callum go unless it's for silly money. He's not good enough for the Championship but he's proven he'd be one of the best wingers in league 1.

He'll need replacing along with another centre mid, striker and cover at RB, that should be the minimum we're looking to bring in.

Reading have offered 10p, how's that for silly money?
  • sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

That's the Cally that scored shit loads of goals for Colchester in league one last season?
    Don't be rediculous , he's not shit and never has been.
    It looks like he's going listening to that Slade interview but I think he would be an asset in this division .
    Shit loads of goals? 7 in 23 games, before coming back to us and promptly looking shit again. He's a lower league 1 player (which is what Colchester was last season)

Compare him to people we have had in his or similar positions the past couple of seasons, Bulot, Eagles, Gudmundsson.

Like I said, he does something good every 3-4 games. Wow. We'dbe better off selling him and bringing in a proper winger who can cross the ball and track back a bit too.
  • I see Jamal Campbell Rice has moved on again, this time to Barnet.

Harriot is similar, all tricks and flicks but never seems to have an end product.