Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

So shit he scored lots of goals and made loads of assists in league 1 for a struggling side last season.

So shit a Championship side want to buy him according to rumours.

Such a bad attitude that Slade praised his work ethic and attitude only yesterday.
    reza was "shit" ...harriot has just got to learn when to do the flashy stuff and when not to ...there are comparisons with him and a young John Robinson to be drawn and look how he developed ..he needs a coach and dare i say a crowd who will back him ...if theres one thing that really upsets me is supporters coating off our youth products ...if he stays with us we should get behind the lad 100%
  • Splodge said:

So now we need a right winger, having sold both of ours. Any tips on who might come in? Perhaps Louis Thompson can play right wing? I can't see him getting many games at Norwich, as even if they sell Brady they have attacking midfielders in Maddison, Canos, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy & Naismith.

Perhaps we could loan one of the Murphys.

Harriott is a left winger though really.

Anyway, we can play Lookman on the wing, Holmes on the wing, THD as a winger, Kennedy can play there too, and we have nearly 4 weeks to get someone in on top. Don't be surprised to see us play a more central player out wide though, like when Powell played Pritchard on the right, or when Bailey played on the left
  • Not sure why we need Foley when Konza can fill for all the positions he can play and probably do a better job.

You want Ezri Konsa, an 18 year old centre half with zero league appearances to fill in at right back over an experienced 31 year old actual right back who has won promotion from the Football League and played in the Premiership?

Are you Katrien Meire?
    Foley has played 21 games in 2 years. Is only going to be cover at best, one would hope. The ideal scenario to blood a youngster with talent.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

FAVADDICK said:

Hasnt anybody herd who the one coming in today could be ???

Yes, but none of them are telling

;-)
    They are being sheepish about revealing in case everyone flocks to the Valley :wink:
    You can ask till the cows come how but they aren't telling
    I think we're milking this without anyone else realising!
    Most will assume that we're talking bull, what-heifer we may think....
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

FAVADDICK said:

;-)
    They are being sheepish about revealing in case everyone flocks to the Valley :wink:
    Most will assume that we're talking bull, what-heifer we may think....
    So Johnny 'Farmer' Giles is making a comeback?

• No tears shed here over Harriot going.
  • Looking at my notes, I don't see four fit midfielders...

Am I right?

Jackson, Crofts and Holmes are the only three.

Kashi and Diarra are out injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't oliver Muldoon play right wing in youth team,maybe play him there?
  • Looking at my notes, I don't see four fit midfielders...

Am I right?

Lookman, Ba, Foley if he signs, the guy apparently coming in today, Muldoon as well
  • Harriotts gone. My immediate reaction is "meh"
  • Two midfielders, 1 keeper and another forward is on the list
  • sam3110 said:

Looking at my notes, I don't see four fit midfielders...

Am I right?

Lookman, Ba, Foley if he signs, the guy apparently coming in today, Muldoon as well
    Thanks - I had missed Ba... I have Lookman as a striker.
  • Lookman on the left tomorrow please.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

FAVADDICK said:

;-)
    No problem if just you and me chew the cud
  • not bothered about Harriott going.. just worried that we now need to do more work to get players in and we're making hard enough work of it as it is
  • What time is the cut off to register players for 2mro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Correct me if I'm wrong but, they have only got an hour and a half to bring players in if they are to be involved tomorrow!
  • sammy391 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, they have only got an hour and a half to bring players in if they are to be involved tomorrow!

Depends on when we register them with the FA. We could hand the paperwork in before 1 and finalise the contract afterwards, subject to medical etc.
  • sammy391 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, they have only got an hour and a half to bring players in if they are to be involved tomorrow!

Exactly. Pressure is on the club now as we are too thin on the ground midfield for tomorrow. We can't go in with Jacko and Crofts - memories of first game v Bournemouth a couple of years back.

90 mins to go. Can they deliver?
  • There is more out than in, with this mob
  • sam3110 said:

sammy391 said:

Depends on when we register them with the FA. We could hand the paperwork in before 1 and finalise the contract afterwards, subject to medical etc.
    Wouldn't that leave the clubs hands tied when it comes to contract... What's to stop a player from demanding more wages knowing the paperwork is with the FA and he's been registered- give the player his demands or face a large fine and/or problems for fielding an illegible player?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

Splodge said:

So now we need a right winger, having sold both of ours. Any tips on who might come in? Perhaps Louis Thompson can play right wing? I can't see him getting many games at Norwich, as even if they sell Brady they have attacking midfielders in Maddison, Canos, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy & Naismith.

Perhaps we could loan one of the Murphys.

Harriott is a left winger though really.

Anyway, we can play Lookman on the wing, Holmes on the wing, THD as a winger, Kennedy can play there too, and we have nearly 4 weeks to get someone in on top. Don't be surprised to see us play a more central player out wide though, like when Powell played Pritchard on the right, or when Bailey played on the left
    Lacking width & creativity in centre midfield. How long will Lookman be part of Charlton ? What happens if one of the front line is injured / suspended / off form / needing time to recover from injury & not be rushed back ? Current Charlton team will struggle to score as evidenced by the patchy pre season.

For every step forward there appears to be a step to a step or half or 2 back.

People forget that Harriot is only 22 years old & likely to have his best years ahead of him. Harriot sale is purely to get him off the wage bill nothing to do with development or depth of the squad or options on the pitch.
  • Phillips won't be loaned to Cheltenham: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36978619
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14664621.Exclusive__Charlton_in_the_process_of_terminating_winger___s_contract/

Another one off.

Not suited to this league but someone gave him a four year deal! FOUR YEARS.

And if Lens want him why not sell him or do they only want him now he'll be a free agent?

Yet another recruitment disaster but can't see him being the type to interest Slade

Lens that Duchatelet keeps trying to buy. Interesting.
  • There is more out than in, with this mob

Always going to happen with the high earners and stupid long contracts some of the players had. Forget "English this and English that" this is all about balancing the books
  • Perhaps we'll go in for Cox at Orient now.

Cocks are very popular in the east.