Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• All very cut and dried here isn't it? Where we are CH would be a useful player to have. In a team doing well, he would, as he did under Riga first time around. If he goes then we'll be looking for someone just like him so it would seem easier to keep him. If he's going Lookman ( if here) will be out on the wing being asked to run around like Preston away last year.
  • I never wanna praise the despicable Belgian crumbly for anything but if he gets a transfer fee for Calamity that has to be a positive. Where's me tin hat? Uncertainty is bad in all projects. As we have seen over his years in the first team there is no predicting what he brings. A couple of worldie goals or injuring himself standing on the ball. Roly understands money. If Reading or whoever is prepared to part with some moolah Roly will embrace the reduction in uncertainty. Maybe Cal is excited by the allure of 21st century Berkshire and all its hunts. Who are we to stand in his way?
  • Essex_Al said:

Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Just another Wagstaff I'm afraid!
    Shock horror.. You must mean very good.
  • Harriet going is not a problem in my books, he totally overages himself. Will score a couple but will miss a lot more and IMHO lazy getting back.
  • Harriet going is not a problem in my books, he totally overages himself. Will score a couple but will miss a lot more and IMHO lazy getting back.

I reckon Yann, is holding his head in his hands, screaming Oh no!...
  • Squad is ridiculously thin, get te bodies in before thinking about moving any more out, becoming a joke.
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

That's the Cally that scored shit loads of goals for Colchester in league one last season?
    Don't be rediculous , he's not shit and never has been.
    It looks like he's going listening to that Slade interview but I think he would be an asset in this division .
    Shit loads of goals? 7 in 23 games, before coming back to us and promptly looking shit again. He's a lower league 1 player (which is what Colchester was last season)

Compare him to people we have had in his or similar positions the past couple of seasons, Bulot, Eagles, Gudmundsson.

Like I said, he does something good every 3-4 games. Wow. We'dbe better off selling him and bringing in a proper winger who can cross the ball and track back a bit too.
    7 goals and 7 assists. Harriott was involved in 14 goals in 23 games at L1 level (our level), which as a winger is a great return. He didn't look shit when he came back for us either, he did brilliantly against Brentford and Boro and won us points against them. He was actually one of our better players at the tail end of that crap season. His problem is consistency but he really found it when he was at Colchester in L1
  • Eagles in the same season as Harriott scored 2 goals to Callums 1, in less app

sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

So shit he scored lots of goals and made loads of assists in league 1 for a struggling side last season.

So shit a Championship side want to buy him according to rumours.

Such a bad attitude that Slade praised his work ethic and attitude only yesterday.
    Yep, i have watched him since he broke through, and have come to that conclusion. I also came to the conclusion that despite him having a decent half a season at Colchester, he'll come back to us after it and still be shit. And he was. Don't care if Reading want him, I doubt they're signing him to be the first name in their teamsheet, and wouldn't be surprised if he's out on loan to our league in January. In fact, if he goes to Reading I'll give a fiver to the upbeats for every league goal he scores, or 20 quid, whichever is more.

Should I write the cheque now?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

That's the Cally that scored shit loads of goals for Colchester in league one last season?
    It looks like he's going listening to that Slade interview but I think he would be an asset in this division .
    Shit loads of goals? 7 in 23 games, before coming back to us and promptly looking shit again. He's a lower league 1 player (which is what Colchester was last season)

Compare him to people we have had in his or similar positions the past couple of seasons, Bulot, Eagles, Gudmundsson.

Like I said, he does something good every 3-4 games. Wow. We'dbe better off selling him and bringing in a proper winger who can cross the ball and track back a bit too.
    In a team that got relegated .

To say that Eagles is better is strange too.

So he has bad games . So does everyone else. Doesn't make him shit .

• edited August 2016

Calumn Messi? I reckon he rates himself.

And I reckon im a low area of land between hills or mountains, typically with a river or stream flowing through it.

It's an Internet username he probably come up with when he was 15 ffs.
    I actually am the Lord of Romford.
  • I hope Harriot stays, I think (as proven) for a third rate footballer, Div 3 is his level.
    That says if he goes, it will worry me for about..........er.........actually no it wont.
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

In a team that got relegated .

To say that Eagles is better is strange too.

So he has bad games . So does everyone else. Doesn't make him shit .

But that's pretty much the definition of shit. He has a lot more bad games than good.

Colchester were relegated in May, he was recalled in December.

Eagles contributed more in less appearances in that season, in my eyes that makes him a better player, especially as he joined midway through the season
  • cafc4life said:

Give me a wagstaff over a harriott any day.

Not in any way a Wagstaff fan, but I agree.
  • I think that Callum Harriott would have been a real force at this level, particularly with his pace. If Holmes gets injured and we lose Lookman (who we may also want, or need, to deploy elsewhere anyway), we'll have no wide players and will be really scratching around. Look at how many players we utilised in that position last time we were in this division. It is, after all, a 46 game league season and a bit of rotation wouldn't go amiss once in a while, rather then flogging our senior players and youngsters to the point of exhaustion.

I expect Slade told Harriott that Holmes would be his first choice (fair enough) and, given the last few years, it's not surprising that the player would be attracted to a transfer at a higher level. I don't suppose that Reading's owners have had to prise their wallets too far open either, given our lamentable record in maximising transfer proceeds.

It is true that supporters tend to give more latitude to home grown players and, in my view, that's a good thing as youngsters are trying to establish themselves in the game. What you tend to get in return - certainly from players like Harriott, Fox, Cousins and Solly - is total commitment.

Good luck to Callum in his future career.
  • sam3110 said:

Don't be ridiculous , he's not shit and never has been.
    I'll agree that 7 goals in 22 games for Colchester is remarkable.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how he achieved that, based upon the 40 or so (figure pulled out of my arse) times I have actually watched him play for Charlton.

Maybe it's the pressure of playing in front of our fans, maybe he thrived on being a relatively big fish at Colchester. Whatever the reason, he's ultimately been pretty rubbish for us and I have seen nothing to suggest he'll suddenly become a good player, so not bothered if he leaves.

Whether we get a decent replacement is another matter.

• Playing Harriott on the left wing in league 1 he would be a big asset, but with Holmes here think he would mainly be playing on right wing which he is not so good.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Great return from a winger in a struggling side IMO.

He has also looked one of our most creative players, despite making the wrong decision (quite) a few times.

He's no Bulot, but he's better than Eagles was for us. Gudmundsson is a different level, hence signing for a Premier League side.

Callum Harriott though not in my list of favourite players is no where near as bad as you're suggesting.

I note Bulot only played 18 games for Reims, maybe he would be someone we could look to sign up on loan again?
  • Absolutely baffling how people have forgotten Harriott's form at the end of last season where he was one of our most committed and dangerous players for struggling in some meaningless, fitness building pre season games.

Would be ridiculous selling him as we are clearly going to get fuck all in return. He is proven at this level but always gets more stick than deserved. Let alone this "attitude problem" which seems to be based on him being a millenial who uses Snapchat and Twitter.

He's leaving by the sounds of it, so he's now a bad player who we didn't really want anyway
  • cafc4life said:

Give me a wagstaff over a harriott any day.

Waggy out for 6-8 weeks, my Gills supporting mate is pissed off, it you think we need more players, think again, they are struggling big time. They also signed Lee Martin, who broke his leg and dislocated his ankle, now out for the season....
  • Ben18 said:

Absolutely baffling how people have forgotten Harriott's form at the end of last season where he was one of our most committed and dangerous players for struggling in some meaningless, fitness building pre season games.

Would be ridiculous selling him as we are clearly going to get fuck all in return. He is proven at this level but always gets more stick than deserved. Let alone this "attitude problem" which seems to be based on him being a millenial who uses Snapchat and Twitter.

He's leaving by the sounds of it, so he's now a bad player who we didn't really want anyway
    Not for me, I never took to him as a player, in fact just last week I said I'd have kept Chrissy Onions over him
  • I think League one is Callum's level. He would have been a useful squad addition but for me that's all.

I'm glad he's going because I think if he's ever going to progress then I believe that it needs to be elsewhere. He proved at Colchester that he can step up to the plate and now he will get a fresh start with a team that actually want him.

If I'm honest I don't think he'll thrive in the championship but I hope I'm wrong and I wish him well.
  • Bergdich fined for conduct over the summer and his contract is set to be terminated.

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14664621.Exclusive__Charlton_in_the_process_of_terminating_winger___s_contract/
  • Who the hell is Chrissy Onions? Why is that their nickname and who gave them such a shite nickname?
  • Scoham said:

Bergdich fined for conduct over the summer and his contract is set to be terminated.

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14664621.Exclusive__Charlton_in_the_process_of_terminating_winger___s_contract/

Bet he can't believe his luck.
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

Harriot will go, I don't think he's Slade's type of player really and doesn't add enough to the team, he wants hardened pro's, but suspect it's not been his ultimate decision, despite all the top 6 budget business it's about KM balancing RD's books. She probably has a wage target to reach.

I think you'll see a few more youngsters go out on loan also.

Harriot has improved his chasing back and covering the full back side of his game a lot in the last couple of seasons.

Charlton lack creativity & width in the team / squad. If Harriot goes then he will need to be replaced. The lack of pace & creativity in the centre of the park & lack of cover in the forward & wide positions is a concern over a long season.

It would be a shame to have Ajose in the team and he is not able to do his main job properly - scoring goals - due to to a lack of service & creativity.