Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• We needed another winger in assuming Lookman and Harriott both stayed. Cal leaves, another winger is a must
  • Slade usually plays 442 with one winger. Don't know what his plans are this season though.
  • If that was the case then you would think Holmes Dennis would be in a good place for the left back berth overlapping a narrow left mid.
  • Regarding cover at right back, they may see THD as an option as he played there a bit last season.

As for left back, Lennon has filled in there on a few occasions.
  • Charlton lack creative midfielder, have pace of Harriot and lookman & Holmes is currently injured. Selling Harriot without replacing first is not a good idea. Charlton team as is, will struggle to score, AJose needs service to score goals. Its not rocket science.
  • What's wrong with Holmes?
  • Broke a bone in his hand. He will wear a light plastic cast to protect it when playing.
  • Major said:

Broke a bone in his hand. He will wear a light plastic cast to protect it when playing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's Novak.
  • Major said:

Broke a bone in his hand. He will wear a light plastic cast to protect it when playing.

That's Novak
  • Major said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's Novak.
    Yes, you are right. Apologies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Major said:

That's Novak
    Yep. My bad.
  • Kashi still around? Injured? How long?
  • dickplumb said:

Harriotts move to Reading is likely to be concluded today. Ahearne- Grant is being loaned to a Division two team. Both are not in the squad for Bury. Also the incoming midfielder may be concluded today. Courtesy of Ketts.

Well that sums up why it isn't all rosy. We need a winger now too - so add that on to the three more.
  • Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Nd he has an attitude problem, thinks he is better than he actually is, he will be a league 2 player in 3 years. The only problem I have is the timing, we have 5.5 hours for a replacement in time to play at bury
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps we'll go in for Cox at Orient now.
  • Disappointed to see Harriott go. He's obviously got something about him if Reading are after him.
  • Kashi still around? Injured? How long?

Still around but probably looking at Xmas to return, although there must be some doubt if he'll recover again.
  • Slade: "We are two-thirds of the way down the road with another one. I would be hopeful that we could get him for the weekend but time is running out,".

Slade added that there was speculation surrounding Callum Harriott and Jorge Teixeira. A number of Championship clubs have shown an interest in Harriott, and a deal for the winger to exit The Valley could be close.
  • expecting Foley to sign today, 2 year deal
  • Harriot will go, I don't think he's Slade's type of player really and doesn't add enough to the team, he wants hardened pro's, but suspect it's not been his ultimate decision, despite all the top 6 budget business it's about KM balancing RD's books. She probably has a wage target to reach.

I think you'll see a few more youngsters go out on loan also.
  • edited August 2016

Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Nd he has an attitude problem, thinks he is better than he actually is, he will be a league 2 player in 3 years. The only problem I have is the timing, we have 5.5 hours for a replacement in time to play at bury
    Ah the old imaginary 'attitude problem'
    Imaginary? No, witnessed it first hand. A mate played for vcd and I went to see a Kent cup match a few years bank. Harriot murdered them, scored and created a few. After 30 minutes he demanded to be substituted because he had done his job. When eventually tackled he started on the guy and questioned who he was and what has he done. Harriot had only played 2-3 first team games at this point.

I imagine that you imagine he hasn't got an attitude problem and he is in fact as good as messi
  • That leaves us needing a winger, striker and two CMs in my book.

Foley is neither which makes that a weird signing if true.

Cover for Solly I guess but still leaves us needing four more if Harriott is off.

Tex obviously also gone. For every player that goes in addition we need one more.

It may well be he doesn't use wingers in the Harriott vein. We do seem to be getting linked with lots of more central midfielders (Adeyemi, Thompson, Gobern, Dawson).