Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• @harveys gardener

There are no circumstances where Jackson would be picked as a target man or for that matter centre back. Trust me on this one.

Ok mate ,i trust you more on this thread than a certain other one
  • Redhenry said:

Tom Adeyemi. Box to box midfielder with a point to prove. All I know is he has been mentioned.

What's his point RH ?

• edited August 2016
    Redhenry said:

Tom Adeyemi. Box to box midfielder with a point to prove. All I know is he has been mentioned.

Good player. 24 years old and lots of Championship experience.
  • Got shipped out by Cardiff quite quickly. More to do with finances though.
  • Is Phillips confirmed yet? Saw Cheltenham's Twitter but apparently it's not him they're on about.
  • With Phillips out on loan getting League Two experience and bringing in Gillespie as cover that's good news.

Adeyemi would be an excellent signing at this level. I just hope that if more are set to leave, it's players who aren't going to be a big part of the team this season. With the exception of Tex going, I hope we keep quality, not replace them otherwise we are back to where we started.

If for example, Ba left and Adeyemi came in, that's a good piece of business.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apart from Tex, I cannot see any logic to bombin anyone else off. Get a CM in Rus.
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds like more incoming, so more to leave it seems

Sounds interesting. Harriot, Texeira and Fox ?

• Redhenry said:

Where does Fox leaving keep coming from? Solid at League 1 level - has he really done anything to make him in demand elsewhere?
  • Redhenry said:

He'd be another good signing. Not quite made the impact in the Championship that people were expecting when he first broke through but he'd be more than good enough in league 1.
  • Redhenry said:

Tex very likely to leave, but Fox & Harriot? - no, 3 v 1 says they stay. Lookman will probably stay - least until Jan.
  • I've always been impressed with Tom Adeyemi when he's played against us.
  • wmcf123 said:

Johnson is utter shite . I hope either Bauer or Texeira stays and then we should be covered at centre back . Now for a mobile midfielder and another forward

Agreed. I'm not having this nonsense that Johnson will be OK in League One. He won't be. He's useless and doesn't take his career seriously.
  • Was Adeyemi with Brentford then Bolton? Liked him but he was a bit laid back sort of Tom Huddlestone.
  • Was Adeyemi with Brentford then Bolton? Liked him but he was a bit laid back sort of Tom Huddlestone.

He was at Brentford for a bit. Good replacement for Cousins.
  • Sponsored links:

Was at Brentford on loan but not Bolton. He really broke through properly while at Birmingham.
  • Is Phillips confirmed yet? Saw Cheltenham's Twitter but apparently it's not him they're on about.

The fans think they have signed Russell Griffiths a goalkeeper from Everton, and are disappointed it will not be Phillips. As it has been mentioned Carlisle have signed a goalkeeper, but if Phillips is staying we will not need Gillespie, unless RD thinks he can sell him for a profit at a later date. All speculation at the moment of course
  • Kirkland has left bury. He would be a great number 2.
  • Kirkland has left bury. He would be a great number 2.

He's always injured so he'd certainly fit in.
  • Tammy Abraham set to join Bristol City on loan.
  • It's obvious from Slade's interview that Callum will be off, but where to?
  • Ipswich were supposedly interested in him earlier in the summer.
  • Reading are also interested, but there are a number of Championship clubs in for him.
  • dickplumb said:

Reading are also interested, but there are a number of Championship clubs in for him.

Surely a winger in to replace him - and/or Lookman staying.
  • We have PL aspirations.

We have league 1 qualifications.