Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Pie eater mate texts and says
    "Genuinely can't believe it, other than if he wants to go back south. He is a warrior, picks up too many injuries but when he's fit he's best CB in L1.
    Real fans' favourite! Not a popular move amongst our supporters."
    "Genuinely can't believe it, other than if he wants to go back south. He is a warrior, picks up too many injuries but when he's fit he's best CB in L1.

Hmmmm..................................
  • Gone 1pm no announcement. Does that mean Pearce can't play tomorrow? Not a problem if Tex is over his "knock" but a big ask for Konsa to debut 1st match with our up and down pre-season. Does anyone know if Kashi went under the knife? 4 months seems a very specific recovery period for someone who has already been out for months with same injury.

I'm pretty sure today is Thursday! no game tomorrow!
    Doh!!!!!

His career record looks very good in terms of appearances / lack of major injuries:

2006–2007 Portsmouth 0 (0)
    2006 → Bognor Regis (loan) 12 (1)
    2007 → Woking (loan) 18 (2)
    2007–2011 Bournemouth 162 (7)
    2011–2012 Portsmouth 43 (2)
    2012–2015 Leeds United 99 (2)
    2015– Wigan Athletic 42 (4)
  • edited August 2016

His career record looks very good in terms of appearances / lack of major injuries:

2006–2007 Portsmouth 0 (0)
    2006 → Bognor Regis (loan) 12 (1)
    2007 → Woking (loan) 18 (2)
    2007–2011 Bournemouth 162 (7)
    2011–2012 Portsmouth 43 (2)
    2012–2015 Leeds United 99 (2)
    2015– Wigan Athletic 42 (4)

18 goals as well.

made over 40 appearance in the year at Wigan so not sure how he could have picked up injuries there?

made over 40 appearance in the year at Wigan so not sure how he could have picked up injuries there?
    He's not played for Charlton yet.
    Yep, his broken leg will be overlooked as he's being given pain killing injections in his shoulder!!
  • Pearce seems like he could be a very good signing but he's really just replacing Tex. Hopefully a striker and winger will soon follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I think Callum could do with a lot of hours of mindblowingly boring practice at shooting, and quicker decision making. He has plenty of skill and touch, but some areas of his game are not second nature to him as they should be, and maybe could be with the extra work.
    One advantage regarding Callum is the 'Leaburn' factor.
    By that I mean he may have limitations, but defences don't like the graft they have to put in to deal with him. With a player like Danny Green for example he was never enough of a pain in the arse as he should've been.
    Ricky Holmes looks to have that pain in the arse quality too.
    (yeah I know which thread this should also be on!)

A long time ago I heard a definition of the difference between PL, FLC, L1 and L2 players. It was simply thinking time. I think that comes naturally and Harriot is at his best when he doesn't have to think which tells you a lot.
  • Rumours on Facebook that Stephen Dawson from Orient is joining.
  • ChiAddick said:

Rumours on Facebook that Stephen Dawson from Orient is joining.

Rumour from 2012 that one then
  • Tracey Leaburn has posted a picture on twitter of herself @ Sparrows Lane 2hrs ago so definitely someone there
  • shine166 said:
    Meh, much of a muchness with Crofts. We need creativity and range of passing in midfield. Don't think he fits that bill
  • edited August 2016
    All our signings are very badly kept secrets, it's definitely Pearce. :wink:
  • sammy391 said:

Only takes an injury at Norwich (or Rudd himself) to put us back into the brown stuff!

Norwich not such a problem as they've signed Paul Jones as back-up to Ruddy and McGovern
  • Please not this Steven Dawson
  • Either Slade has a pretty weird play system set up with about 5 defensive midfielders in the lineup, or we're going to come up short again this window, can't really slag off any of the signings we've made so far but there just hasn't been enough of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    ChiAddick said:

Rumours on Facebook that Stephen Dawson from Orient is joining.

I just checked his Wikipedia page and noticed that it says he plays for us. But like the chicken and the egg, wonder what came first the Facebook rumour, or the Wikipedia entry!
  • Dawson isnt what we need IMO.
  • Long ball merchants like every else in this league next season. Central midfielders will be required to run box to box and win 2nd balls for 90 minutes. He'll be exactly what we need.
  • £1.5m apparently.
  • I've been a big fan of him since his Bournemouth days, solid championship player imo.
  • Rob7Lee said:

£1.5m apparently.

If true, and i am incredibly sceptical that 1.5m would be up front, if it totals that at all, then that is a signal of intent in my opinion.

There is no way an owner either selling the club, or happy to spin wheels in League 1, spends that on one player
  • sam3110 said:

Rob7Lee said:

£1.5m apparently.

If true, and i am incredibly sceptical that 1.5m would be up front, if it totals that at all, then that is a signal of intent in my opinion.

There is no way an owner either selling the club, or happy to spin wheels in League 1, spends that on one player
    Depends how much we are getting for Harrioot/Lookman/Tex
  • Three more players before the end of august.
  • I don't think we'll see any more signings before Saturday, but I hope we get another 2 or 3 in before the end of August