Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Eagles in the same season as Harriott scored 2 goals to Callums 1, in less app

sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

So shit he scored lots of goals and made loads of assists in league 1 for a struggling side last season.

So shit a Championship side want to buy him according to rumours.

Such a bad attitude that Slade praised his work ethic and attitude only yesterday.
    Yep, i have watched him since he broke through, and have come to that conclusion. I also came to the conclusion that despite him having a decent half a season at Colchester, he'll come back to us after it and still be shit. And he was. Don't care if Reading want him, I doubt they're signing him to be the first name in their teamsheet, and wouldn't be surprised if he's out on loan to our league in January. In fact, if he goes to Reading I'll give a fiver to the upbeats for every league goal he scores, or 20 quid, whichever is more.

Should I write the cheque now?
    £10 a goal and £5 an assist seems fair since he is "shit" @sam3110
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016

Scoham said:

Bergdich fined for conduct over the summer and his contract is set to be terminated.

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14664621.Exclusive__Charlton_in_the_process_of_terminating_winger___s_contract/

Bet he can't believe his luck.
    http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14664621.Exclusive__Charlton_in_the_process_of_terminating_winger___s_contract/

@Schoham reporting Bergdich fined & contract terminated. Bergdich may not believe his luck. Probably not Charlton either as he has likely breached his contract substantially reducing his pay off (if he is getting one at all).

A 4 year contract punt was ridiculous for someone unproven. Anyone accountable for that negotiation or for bringing the player in ? Thought not.

Newshopper headline says Bergdich is a winger ? More of a left back, sort of left wing back, sub sub Lawrie Wilson type of player with very poor positional sense insufficient to be a left wing back. Often failed to back up Fox / left back position whilst offering no threat going forward.

I only remember him combining well with Sanogo in a couple of games as he was able to play into the target man, who could held the ball up sufficiently for Bergdich to get forward. That was only a couple of games. Another one better suited to a mainland European league. He may do well at Lens but needs the players around him to complement his game. He needs to work on his positional sense & work hard in training to succeed. Bergdich time at Charlton is done. Au revior>

Hopefully that will free up some wages space in the budget to support brining in someone better. Not many left from last season's intake.
  • sam3110 said:

Cally is shit, end of. Don't care if he's homegrown etc. That just means half our fans think he can do no wrong. The amount of wrong decisions he makes every time he is on the pitch is staggering. Sure every now and then he surges past a couple of players, or takes a dig that the keeper is scrambling for, but it's once every 3-4 games, and is nowhere near good enough. I just hope we bring in someone to play on the left to fill the gap left in the squad

That's the Cally that scored shit loads of goals for Colchester in league one last season?
    Don't be ridiculous , he's not shit and never has been.
    It looks like he's going listening to that Slade interview but I think he would be an asset in this division .
    Loving your definition of shit loads of goals

• cafc4life said:

Give me a wagstaff over a harriott any day.

Why neither ever crossed the ball
  • Hasnt anybody herd who the one coming in today could be ???
  • Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Just another Wagstaff I'm afraid!

Essex_Al said:

Swisdom said:

Can't say I'll miss Harriott if he goes. Incredibly frustrating for me because he's more of an athlete than a footballer. Just doesn't have the intelligence to put the ball into dangerous places frequently enough.
    Maybe he just needs some great coaching but I'm not convinced he'll ever really hit the heights.

Just another Wagstaff I'm afraid!
    Shock horror.. You must mean very good.
    Ha, ha, nice one Cyril!
  • cafc4life said:

Give me a wagstaff over a harriott any day.

Got to be a first for me when talking about Wagstaff, but I actually do agree!
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Hasnt anybody herd who the one coming in today could be ???

Yes, but none of them are telling

;-)
  • vffvff
    edited August 2016
    Wagstaff worked exceptionally hard as a Charlton player & a good character to have around despite supporting Leeds (I think) & voted the clubs worst dressed player at the time.
  • If there is anyone in today then likely to be Foley
  • FAVADDICK said:

;-)
    They are being sheepish about revealing in case everyone flocks to the Valley :wink:
  • Essex_Al said:

FAVADDICK said:

;-)
    They are being sheepish about revealing in case everyone flocks to the Valley :wink:
    You can ask till the cows come how but they aren't telling
  • Harriott's a good League One player. He got a lot of assists and a few goals in a struggling side that ended up going down. Stick him in a CAFC team now looking good for League One and he should thrive.

The only couple of flaws (ridiculous to say flaws in what proved to be a then-record-breaking squad) in the 2011/12 team, if you are being really picky, was that when BWP's form dried up we drew a few games we should've been winning and Green/Wagstaff were a bit patchy. For me, especially in the Championship, Wagstaff got too distracted diving around and arguing with the ref.
  • Not sure why we need Foley when Konza can fill for all the positions he can play and probably do a better job.
  • Not sure why we need Foley when Konza can fill for all the positions he can play and probably do a better job.

He's never played a league game. He probably can do a good job but it's just that sort of "The kids can be the back up" thinking from Roland that got us relegated.

• Essex_Al said:

FAVADDICK said:

;-)
    You can ask till the cows come how but they aren't telling
    I think we're milking this without anyone else realising!
  • edited August 2016
    Doesn't matter how good/shit Harriot is, the bloke is already in the squad and we are desperate for players. He needs to stay in an ideal world

• Sponsored links:

Experience. Won't be first choice but battle hardened. If Solly had to miss a run of games it could really slaughter Konza if he was having a difficult time.

This season Konza should be nurtured not expected to fill in.

• Is this a rumours thread. ???

You want Ezri Konsa, an 18 year old centre half with zero league appearances to fill in at right back over an experienced 31 year old actual right back who has won promotion from the Football League and played in the Premiership?

Are you Katrien Meire?

Well, Konsa's young, it's a long season. You need experienced pros who should be capable at that level. Foley can also play central midfield as an experienced head. I'd take Foley but still ensure Konsa gets a chance to play.
  • markmc68 said:

Is this a rumours thread. ???

Once upon a time apparently......
  • Harriot gone reading...

Didn't see that one coming!

Shame. Must have been a decent fee I guess, hopefully with add-ons built in.
  • 1 player in 2 players out.soon as we get any injuries we are done can't see how we are being fancied to get promoted. Don't think we will make play offs
  • So now we need a right winger, having sold both of ours. Any tips on who might come in? Perhaps Louis Thompson can play right wing? I can't see him getting many games at Norwich, as even if they sell Brady they have attacking midfielders in Maddison, Canos, Pritchard, Hoolahan, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy & Naismith.

Perhaps we could loan one of the Murphys.