Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I'm not sure if someone has been having a little fun with the edit option on Wiki but aparently his middle name is ROLLY!!!
  • This guy is obviously a replacement for Lookman.
  • This guy is obviously a replacement for Lookman.

was just about to post that myself
  • edited August 2016
    I live in Leeds.

Leeds fan at work on Botaka: 'Unfit, overweight, out of shape. Not even good enough for League Two anymore. Good luck '

Exciting.

To be fair, when I've seen him he's looked decent.
  • 2 in but how many out?
  • Still need at least one central midfielder.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Greenie said:

Looking at twitter it seems Leeds fans dont think he's been given enough of a chance. When they have seen him, he's got plenty of pace and skill but not much end product. So a typical winger.

Callum Harriot then......?
    Speaking to the one and only Leeds bloke I know by text... apparently he spent more time tracking back than he did completing a cross in the couple of games he saw him play.

Basically (Copy and paste job me in bold, him in italic))
    What's this Botaka like? Any good?
    'He looked a decent player, deserved more of a chance.
    Is he a typical modern winger or does he actually try for assists?
    He's attacking and cuts in to shoot rather than cross.
    Does he get back to cover and help the defence?
    He does get back to help out the defence quicker than Dallas, though Dallas tackles, Botaka seemed to just stay tight to the man he closed down.
    Would he be a decent loan?
    He'd do very well in league one but I only saw him two or three times though'

Fair player Dazzler, he sounds OK for our level, and with all new players I like to see them in the flesh 2 or 3 times before passing comment. I hope he starts on Saturday if he's match fit. Cheers
  • Still need at least one central midfielder.

More than anything else judging by reports from Bury and Cheltenham
  • So who are the rumoured two at the training ground?
  • Valley11 said:

So who are the rumoured two at the training ground?

Agbonlahor and Richardson

OR

Simpson and Thompson

OR

Botaka and Magennis

OR

A combination of any of the 2 above

Possibly
  • Sponsored links:

• I think I covered most bases there
  • Add Tom Adeyemi to the list.
  • Magennis i think would a good signing, we have 2 potential good goalscorers already so someone coming in who is a bit more industrial isnt a bad thing! As for the winger i havent heard or seen much of him but fingers crossed!!
  • edited August 2016
    Temper any excitement at possible signings with the knowledge that they like to have more going out than in. Lookman and Tex off this week too? Then back to still needing 4/5 to have a decent sized squad
  • David Davis in the mix too?
  • The priority has to be a CM at this stage.

• Wes Hoolahan anyone?

34 years old now
  • Valley11 said:

David Davis in the mix too?

I thought that was only in a swap deal for Fox
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Wes Hoolahan anyone?

34 years old now

Still one of the first names on Norwich's teamsheet
  • The only certainty about new signings now is that I will not know a bloody thing about them !
  • Swisdom said:

Wes Hoolahan anyone?

34 years old now

Only signed a new 2 year contract with Norwich a couple of weeks ago
  • Seen Botaka a few times.
    Decent player. Quick, skilful and exciting.
    Things never really took off for him but personally surprised to see Leeds let him go and think he'd do very well with us. Just what we need.

I'd agree with this.
  • Seen Botaka a few times.
    Things never really took off for him but personally surprised to see Leeds let him go and think he'd do very well with us. Just what we need.

Just got to hope Leeds aren't expecting him to be coming back into their team later on this season!
  • sammy391 said:

Seen Botaka a few times.

Just got to hope Leeds aren't expecting him to be coming back into their team later on this season!
    If he does well for us then you can bet they will want him back! Might need a kick up the arse to motivate him but worth a punt imo.
  • Erm Ok?
    a.png 71.7K
  • Who is this unknown bloke?