Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Valley11 said:

YK = Magennis
    Hayes = Novak
    Ajose = BWP

Maybe...?

Throw Lookman in to the mix as striking options.

Class of 2011:

BWP
    Kerm
    Hayes
    Haynes
    Clarke

Class (?) of 2016

Ajose
    Magennis
    Novak
    Lookman
    Hanlan

In terms of goalscoring potential and 'pedigree':

Ajose = BWP (Both were heavy league 1 scorers when they arrived in a poaching sense but hadnt necessarily performed above that level)
    Kerm > Mag (Self explanatory)
    Novak = Hayes (Novak has scored at least as many at this level with an arguably better goalscoring record for a second striker. Hayes got a lot out of BWP)
    Lookman > Haynes (Lookman has hamstrings not cheesestrings)
    Hanlan = Clarke (neither really made an impact - as yet in Hanlans case)

We have strikers who frankly should do the job at this level.

Likewise, we have defenders of similar standard.

We now have 3 weeks or so to get in 2 CMs and a winger of similar standard.
  • Pace is sorely needed in the team, might get Ajose looking interested. I accept the limitations of the players we've got so not ever going to slag them at a game but in comparison to CP's rebuild this is weak. Hayes who could hardly get a game when YK arrived was far superior to a lot of these.

Magennis' goalscoring record at Killie is similar to Hayes' to be honest.
  • Must must must sign some creativity in midfield

This should have been the first position we sorted when Slade came in.

• dickplumb said:
    Now we're talking. Him and Holmes on the wing - yes please.

It's so frustrating that the potential is there to build a great squad but we are either waiting and waiting to get them over the line, or we take one step forward and two back.
  • I don't think we will get Maitland- Niles as I would expect him to feature for Arsenal. He is going to be an excellent player.
  • dickplumb said:
    Now we're talking. Him and Holmes on the wing - yes please.

It's so frustrating that the potential is there to build a great squad but we are either waiting and waiting to get them over the line, or we take one step forward and two back.
    Come on Wenger pull your finger out. You know damned well you won't play him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crawley report "we set out our stool" on tuesday. Harsh but true.
  • One of the most difficult players to play against was a certain Carl Leaburn. Never was prolific but was very instrumental in creating and making space for teammates whilst chipping in with a goal here and there. Dare I say it a Charlton legend. Certainly Curbs saw his worth.

Yes I would have preferred we signed Jordan Rhodes but we're now shopping for basics not taste the difference range.

Welcome Josh (if you sign) knock em cold son.

And I know for a fact that Colin Walsh thought very highly of him and his contribution to the team.
  • I dont get the "we've got till the end of August to sort this out" mantra. The season started last week and by the end of August we'll have played about half a dozen league games. That's a big head start to give our relegation rivals in terms of lost points. And then any new signings have to bed and the team has to gel. That's what preseason used to be about. And so what if a decent midfielder costs a few bob? We've got a moneybags owner, we've sold a shed load of expensive players and we've got a top six budgie! Not to mention a CEO who under no circumstances would lead us up the garden path! Oh wait! Shambles.

Agree completely. It's silly to leave the dealings late, but most teams do it. Strange how deals start so late in the Summer then take so long to conclude.
  • sam3110 said:

2 players in today for medicals, must be Thompson and Magennis

Be happy with that for now
  • I know a few on here are totally underwhelmed, but we are a basket case of a club, we are in the 3rd tier of the Football league and are owned and run by a Rat and a Liar, to be honest Im surprised we've signed anyone.
  • Not a rumour, but Konsa is now officially a first team player according to Slade, so we won't be signing another defender at least (hopefully)
  • Sponsored links:

• Thompson is signing today. He's in the building

Who? Erstwhile Fast Show star John?
  • Louis Thompson, Norwich youngster
  • sam3110 said:

Source?
  • sam3110 said:

Not a rumour, but Konsa is now officially a first team player according to Slade, so we won't be signing another defender at least (hopefully)

Actually, Konsa is one of the players Im looking forward to seeing on Saturday, most of the reports say that he's one to watch.
  • sam3110 said:

Source?
    Our Official Twitter account says 2 in today, Magennis bid accepted, confirmed on BBC, Thompson been talked about for a while now
  • sam3110 said:

Not a rumour, but Konsa is now officially a first team player according to Slade, so we won't be signing another defender at least (hopefully)

Pearce, Bauer, Johnson, Konsa, Lennon

Still no word on Tex, but you can definitely expect him to be off now with 5 defenders in the squad.
  • Must must must sign some creativity in midfield

Definately this is a must .
  • sam3110 said:

So 250k, not the 375k that some people were on about. Still a small fee for a player nowadays, hopefully he'll be worth it

Did anyone say 375k?