Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

So 250k, not the 375k that some people were on about. Still a small fee for a player nowadays, hopefully he'll be worth it

Did anyone say 375k?
    Possibly not on here, but I saw on Twitter someone complaining about how 375k is too much, i think they assumed the add-ons were 100k to the 275k fee quoted beforehand.

Nonetheless, it's bodies in the door
  • Ross said:

sam3110 said:

Not a rumour, but Konsa is now officially a first team player according to Slade, so we won't be signing another defender at least (hopefully)

Pearce, Bauer, Johnson, Konsa, Lennon

Still no word on Tex, but you can definitely expect him to be off now with 5 defenders in the squad.
    We'll see.
  • "On the verge of something quite exciting" ...
    Sorry Russell , but I'm not holding my breath!
  • sam3110 said:

Not a rumour, but Konsa is now officially a first team player according to Slade, so we won't be signing another defender at least (hopefully)

My faith in the regime is such that I expect that Konsa's elevation means that they hope Bauer will play in the next two games and be sold before the end of the month.
  • edited August 2016
    Magennis and Thompson are decent signings for now, especially Thompson.

When you add those two to our other signings of Ajose, Rudd, Novak, Pearce, Holmes, Crofts and Foley - it actually looks like a decent bunch.

The problem seems to be how painfully small our squad is, but the guys we've brought in are of a good quality and profile. At least we've moved away from random Belgin players from the network!
  • sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

So 250k, not the 375k that some people were on about. Still a small fee for a player nowadays, hopefully he'll be worth it

Did anyone say 375k?
    Possibly not on here, but I saw on Twitter someone complaining about how 375k is too much, i think they assumed the add-ons were 100k to the 275k fee quoted beforehand.

Absolutely

If we get Thompson, Magennis and the Winger on loan, i'll be relatively pleased, we still need an Engine roomer with pace.

And still I say F*** You Roland, F*** You Katrien, F*** You Murray.

You're doing less than the bare minimum to keep us up this season.

TO KEEP US F***ING UP!
  • Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

sam3110 said:

Did anyone say 375k?

Absolutely

If we get Thompson, Magennis and the Winger on loan, i'll be relatively pleased, we still need an Engine roomer with pace.

And still I say F*** You Roland, F*** You Katrien, F*** You Murray.

You're doing less than the bare minimum to keep us up this season.

TO KEEP US F***ING UP!
    Don't worry about that. They're F***ING UP alright. Everytime they do anything they're F***KING UP!
  • Thompson isn't coming. Alex Neil said he sees him as part of the first team squad.
  • Splodge said:

Thompson isn't coming. Alex Neil said he sees him as part of the first team squad.

Russell says there are definitely two in the building. If one of them isn't Thompson then who is he?
  • edited August 2016
    Peter_G said:

Splodge said:

Thompson isn't coming. Alex Neil said he sees him as part of the first team squad.

Russell says there are definitely two in the building. If one of them isn't Thompson then who is he?
    Slade said this morning "a striker and a wide midfield player"

EDIT:

Magennis and Jordan botaka (lees Utd)
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan Botaka on loan from Leeds. Winger/striker.

• edited August 2016
    Someone on twitter saying Jordan Botaka on a season loan from Leeds?

Edit.... just seen the above post
  • edited August 2016
    sammy391 said:

Peter_G said:

Splodge said:

Slade said this morning "a striker and a wide midfield player"
    Jan Molby?
  • Would we get Botaka sounds far too good though got links to Belgium
  • edited August 2016
    We have made a enquiry for Samuelson but championship club have already got a loan bid in for him.

This is from a West Ham friend who is pretty in the know over there.
  • Would we get Botaka sounds far too good though got links to Belgium

Not too sure about this one, he hasn't played many for Leeds since 2015- likely to be very similar to Harriot , in terms of skill but inconsistency
  • From Wikipedia:

"Jordan Rolly Botaka (born 24 June 1993 in Kinshasa) is a Congolese professional footballer who currently plays as a Winger for English club Leeds United in the Championship and also represents DR Congo at international level.

He formerly played for Club Brugge, Belenenses (on loan) and Excelsior.

He has been nicknamed 'The Wizard' due to his quick feet, trickery and skill with the ball."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Botaka?wprov=sfla1
  • Looking at twitter it seems Leeds fans dont think he's been given enough of a chance. When they have seen him, he's got plenty of pace and skill but not much end product. So a typical winger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Splodge said:

And we probably said the same about Harriott... and Cousins... and JBG... etc...
  • Must must must sign some creativity in midfield

You mean Kevin Foley isn't going to cut it?
  • Gillis said:

From Wikipedia:

"Jordan Rolly Botaka (born 24 June 1993 in Kinshasa) is a Congolese professional footballer who currently plays as a Winger for English club Leeds United in the Championship and also represents DR Congo at international level.

He formerly played for Club Brugge, Belenenses (on loan) and Excelsior.

He has been nicknamed 'The Wizard' due to his quick feet, trickery and skill with the ball."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Botaka?wprov=sfla1

Locked on guarantee we will get this fella imo.
  • Looking at twitter it seems Leeds fans dont think he's been given enough of a chance. When they have seen him, he's got plenty of pace and skill but not much end product. So a typical winger.

Callum Harriot then......?
  • Greenie said:

Looking at twitter it seems Leeds fans dont think he's been given enough of a chance. When they have seen him, he's got plenty of pace and skill but not much end product. So a typical winger.

Speaking to the one and only Leeds bloke I know by text... apparently he spent more time tracking back than he did completing a cross in the couple of games he saw him play.

Basically (Copy and paste job me in bold, him in italic))
    What's this Botaka like? Any good?
    'He looked a decent player, deserved more of a chance.
    Is he a typical modern winger or does he actually try for assists?
    He's attacking and cuts in to shoot rather than cross.
    Does he get back to cover and help the defence?
    He does get back to help out the defence quicker than Dallas, though Dallas tackles, Botaka seemed to just stay tight to the man he closed down.
    Would he be a decent loan?
    He'd do very well in league one but I only saw him two or three times though'

• Greenie said:

Looking at twitter it seems Leeds fans dont think he's been given enough of a chance. When they have seen him, he's got plenty of pace and skill but not much end product. So a typical winger.

Just another bizarre transfer decision to add to the list
  • YouTube videos are always taken with a pinch of salt, and obviously this one makes him look good.

He's evidently quick. However, a lot of what he does is masked by some absolutely dogshite defending. The highlight at 3:10 is a case in point. He's in acres of space, but two of the touches he takes before scoring look fucking village.

4:22, on the other hand, encouraging. Though I can't speak for the provenance of that defending.