Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• And before anyone says he's a worker, hold-up etc etc player.. no such thing, it doesn't stop them getting in positions to score especially if they are a physical presence. Kermorgant, Giroud etc.
  • uie2 said:

We slagging off a signing before it even bloody happens! ! But if there's no signings we moan!!!! Hmm Charlton fans!

Rather we save the near-on 300k to get our spine sorted, and more so our core, Ajose will flourish if he has the service as he's shown in the past... our midfield won't be that service.

Slade will be taking anyone he can get, mind, but I'm sure he knows he has bigger problems than our front lot, Magennis won't magically mould them into a 2 goal a match side.
  • uie2 said:

We slagging off a signing before it even bloody happens! ! But if there's no signings we moan!!!! Hmm Charlton fans!

Rather we save the near-on 300k to get our spine sorted, and more so our core, Ajose will flourish if he has the service as he's shown in the past... our midfield won't be that service.

Slade will be taking anyone he can get, mind, but I'm sure he knows he has bigger problems than our front lot, Magennis won't magically mould them into a 2 goal a match side.
    Yes I agree with spending on a good midfielder but that will cost much more! £300 for a striker and £700- 800 for the midfield! More money the better out of RD's wallet!
  • RedChaser said:

Swisdom said:

I know I often bang on about pace but this fella has LOTS of pace. He was measured in the top 3 or 4 at the Euros.

Essentially he's a fast moving wrecking ball. I'm interested in this chap

No point being backward in coming forward mate go for it :wink:
    Could you introduce me?

• Going to be some real enterprising football at the Valley this season. Kick and rush.
  • only signing him so Lookman can leave............

honesty though - I think he could do a job for us & will get a number of assists

goals is a different story altogether.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not seeing the link myself between Lookman (about my height fecking short arse) and myguinness who appears to be a big athletic lump of a player who may or may not be true to his wiki page.

For those who haven't read it yet, it suggested to me that he doesn't really understand how to position well, he is athletically fantastic, his game play and reading of the game, less good.

Can sub in goal.

Wish him well, hope he does good for us, hope Slade can find him some scoring boots from behind the sofa.
  • Wasn't he top scorer for Kilmarnock last season with 13 goals?

So, can he score or not? Is the Scottish Premier League good or bad? Does scoring in a sh*t Scottish team mean he can't score in a sh*t English team?

I think I have heard all the choices since the McGennis rumour surfaced, so perhaps we should have a vote?
  • Take him at this point
  • Is he a division three Martin Pringle?
  • Remember on here

Now let me see if I have this right:

We lend a Scottish striker of some ability to a Scottish club and probably still pay some of his wages.

We purchase for £275k a Scottish striker of limited ability

Good business?

The one with some ability, showed not to use it, and did not want to stay.
  • Sorry, close not to use it.
  • Magennis due for a medical in the AM. £300k deal apparently.

Bit of a jump up from the original 100,000 as reported by John Barnes, from BBC Scotland.

All good in and well getting another striker in, but you could have the best six yard goal poachers in the world. Without the service they are redundant.
  • Sets up a few goals and loves a chest down. We need bodies, so will take him. CM is a must now though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh well if we are signing a new player means 2 have got to leave to balance the books so goodbye Tex and lookman.
    Thing is British players are so more expensive with wages they said.thats why we signed Igor and the other foreign players because the wages were cheaper. So how come we can't afford there wages now yet some poxy Belgium team that get less than 10000 watching them can.mind you we will have less than 10000 watching us this season. Let's face it now igors finally fit he should be here trying to get us back up.if they want us to go up.
  • So we signed 3 players who scored more goals than we scored all last year but we have not scored in 3 games, doesn't this show the problem is supply??

Sign so creative players and then in January if we are still struggling sign another striker!
  • I am not going to judge Slade until the transfer window has been gently closed and the team allowed to bed in a bit.

We all know we need strengthening in the midfield and Slade will know that as well and will be trying his hardest to get them in. His job does depend on it.

It maybe that the creative player may have to be a young player on loan as there does not seem to be much about at our level, although I admit I know jack about this league (and don't want to).

As for Myguinness (thanks Alwaysneil), I think he has the potential to do well. Scored a few goals in a crap team playing at a similar level and we need some pace as this unsettles defences and creates space for others.
  • So 250k, not the 375k that some people were on about. Still a small fee for a player nowadays, hopefully he'll be worth it
  • Pace is sorely needed in the team, might get Ajose looking interested. I accept the limitations of the players we've got so not ever going to slag them at a game but in comparison to CP's rebuild this is weak. Hayes who could hardly get a game when YK arrived was far superior to a lot of these.
  • YK = Magennis
    Hayes = Novak
    Ajose = BWP

Maybe...?