Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• "_MrDick">Admin should just close this thread. Nothing's going to happen. I feel sorry for all of those who got conned into buying a ST of the back of a couple of acquisitions .... New signings in 48 hours (pah)

No one was conned, if people want to watch Charlton play under any circumstances fair enough. If people renewed because we brought in an English manager who has really done nothing of note in his career & signed a couple of decent lower league English players + 1 journeyman "striker" & decided that the cancer that has bought & is now destroying our club "had changed" than they will get no pity from me. How people can be so deluded to believe anything that comes out of the club is totally beyond me.

OK ... Cheated. @Clem_Snide started the thread and now I'm saying I feel sorry for him and the likes of him
  • _MrDick said:

"_MrDick">Admin should just close this thread. Nothing's going to happen. I feel sorry for all of those who got conned into buying a ST of the back of a couple of acquisitions .... New signings in 48 hours (pah)

No one was conned, if people want to watch Charlton play under any circumstances fair enough. If people renewed because we brought in an English manager who has really done nothing of note in his career & signed a couple of decent lower league English players + 1 journeyman "striker" & decided that the cancer that has bought & is now destroying our club "had changed" than they will get no pity from me. How people can be so deluded to believe anything that comes out of the club is totally beyond me.
    OK ... Cheated. @Clem_Snide started the thread and now I'm saying I feel sorry for him and the likes of him

Sorry Mr Dick not intended as an attack on you (or anyone else really) I just can't believe how people can be so easily persuaded that we've turned a corner after all the lies & shit that we've suffered from this bunch of cunts since they've started destroying OUR CLUB.
  • Crusty54 said:

I bought my ST based on the pre season friendlies I watched and signs of a much team spirit and the new back room staff. It will take time to gel.

Yes, about 9 months!
  • Don't muck about, been out all day, who've we got over the line then?
  • edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

TravHouse said:
    Not sad about losing out on Mcgennis.

Grimmer is a right back. We just signed Foley as cover, plus Konsa and THD could cover in an emergency. Grimmer also provides cover at CB. Are we just taking the piss? Is this a game of "How many defenders and midfielders can we sign who could reasonably be classed as 'meh'?" A 22 year old Scotland youth international whose played in the Championship is the type of player I think we should be looking at, but not in those positions. Ridiculous.
    Sorry to pee on your parade, guys but " Grimmer" is the regime's pet name for The Grim Reaper who I believe is ready & waiting on the touchline to finish off our beloved club in the not too distant future.....

• My homepage is showing Colin as the most recent comment, nothing I can see on the thread and still nothing there when you click on his name... Banned again?
  • Sponsored links:

• My homepage is showing Colin as the most recent comment, nothing I can see on the thread and still nothing there when you click on his name... Banned again?

I'm glad you posted this Harry as I thought it was just my computer!
  • I thought the transfer window had shut as nothing is happening

It is there now. He posted: "Killie striker in talks after 4th offer accepted "
  • So have we had a bid accepted for him then ???
  • ross1 said:

I thought the transfer window had shut as nothing is happening

Only closed for charlton, the other 91 c clubs open for business
  • ross1 said:

I thought the transfer window had shut as nothing is happening

Only closed for charlton, the other 91 c clubs open for business
    They'll reopen it for us so that we can sell Tex and Bauer
  • Magennis due for a medical in the AM. £300k deal apparently.
  • Just trying to check the authenticity of the message and seen that Reams is reporting the same on ITTV, albeit saying £275k
  • Don't know weather to laugh cry or piss myself.
    I might just do all three
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't see him being what we need at all!
  • Another option but not the piece of the puzzle we need
  • Both Northern Irish of course but Mikhail Kennedy is following him on Twitter now apparently.
  • We need another forward option, no doubt, but the key at the moment is some creativity and legs in midfield.
  • Maybe it's what ajose needs though?

A big guy who can have the ball lumped up to him and ajose can score off the knock down etc.

Be nice to have a big man who can also score though.
  • edited August 2016
    25 years old and 6'2'' this is his profile from Wiki, which reads;

'Having spent the majority of his youth career as a goalkeeper, he switched to striker in 2008 before turning professional in 2009. He has been described by former Cardiff City academy manager Neal Ardley as having "lightning-quick pace, a great leap and powerful in the air'.

28 goals in 194 league appearances = 1 in nearly 7
  • Adds another option to Novak up front and to get the best out of Ajose. But two CMs and a winger is now a must.
  • I think he'll be a decent addition. Limited footballer but will help Ajose. Wonder where it leaves Novak? On the bench, probably.
    Was Novak a Slade buy?