Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• 7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Ludicrous amount for Stephens though what is the game becoming

Roland - we've had this discussion. You aren't going to change football.
  • Ludicrous amount for Stephens though what is the game becoming

Roland - we've had this discussion. You aren't going to change football.
    I would if I could games gone
  • These days, unless you work for Roland, after a few good seasons second tier in England you go for fees like Stephens.
  • 7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree. Far too cheap for a proven quality player. Without him they were nearly relegated, last season with him they were nearly promoted.
  • edited August 2016

These days, unless you work for Roland, after a few good seasons second tier in England you go for fees like Stephens.

Sums up Roland's big idea though - crazy money flying around everywhere, yet RD is still only selling players for a relative pittance or having to subsidise other clubs to take players off his hands
  • edited August 2016
    Redrobo said:

7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I agree. Far too cheap for a proven quality player. Without him they were nearly relegated, last season with him they were nearly promoted.
    Along with the other signings they made... Hemed, Skalak, Knockaert, Goldson, Bong, Murphy, Sidwell, Rosenior, Manu, Hunemeier and Wilson. Stephens is good but they bought well last summer.
  • Redrobo said:

7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Along with the other signings they made... Hemed, Skalak, Knockaert, Goldson, Bong, Murphy, Sidwell, Rosenior, Manu, Hunemeier and Wilson. Stephens is good but they bought well last summer.
    Buying well..........I barely remember that philosophy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Burnley must be already preparing for life in the Championship next season then.
  • These days, unless you work for Roland, after a few good seasons second tier in England you go for fees like Stephens.

Sums up Roland's football nous though - crazy money flying around everywhere in football, yet RD is still only selling players for a relative pittance or having to subsidise other clubs to take players off his hands
    Stack em high. Sell em low.

• Pogba signed for Utd.

Another one that we've missed out on!

But we've got Ajose and they played together in the same Man U youth side I think!!
  • £7m for Stephens is surely good for us tho ain't it? I heard Katrien managed to pull a 1% sell on fee so we got £70k coming our way. Should pay for at least 3 players , based on what we've Been aiming for rumours wise.
  • Who have we signed . Friend says on sky news? On loan.
  • Yes Stephens in premier league another we can say we watched at charlton. It makes me so happy looking at all the players we sold doing so well.im so excited I can't wait to turn on sky sports tonight to see how many penalties we lost by to Cheltenham l love our Belgium owner. Never been so happy supporting charlton can't wait to see lookman in the premier league.

This got a smirk from me, then... if you actually take out the sarcasm, it's pretty much exactly what Meire spelled out at that conference a while back. I just don't understand how she could think that's what we want?!

Sums up Roland's football nous though - crazy money flying around everywhere in football, yet RD is still only selling players for a relative pittance or having to subsidise other clubs to take players off his hands
    Stack em high. Sell em low.

Can it actually be called selling if you're having to pay people to take them off your hands? ;-)
  • 7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I don't like how many times I'm agreeing with VG this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Who have we signed . Friend says on sky news? On loan.

No players have signed according to Sky Sports website...
  • Sadly we should be on standby for Roland to sell Lookman for an underpriced £2m as he is just obsessed with balancing the books.
  • cafc4life said:

£7m for Stephens is surely good for us tho ain't it? I heard Katrien managed to pull a 1% sell on fee so we got £70k coming our way. Should pay for at least 3 players , based on what we've Been aiming for rumours wise.

Barnsley going to receive £7-9 million from sell on with Stones to Man. City deal - nice!
  • Peter_G said:

Sadly we should be on standby for Roland to sell Lookman for an underpriced £2m as he is just obsessed with balancing the books.

He's doing a bloody terrible job of it then. How much is our debt to Staprix now?
    Loads... so in fact he's doing brilliantly. Making loads of money, doing nothing.
  • Redrobo said:

7m for Stephens?!?!?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Burnley must be already preparing for life in the Championship next season then.
    If only we could claim the same.
  • We've just signed Harry Smith from Folkestone.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Shit ,thats my eldest sons name .... deed poll here we come
  • All money going to Charlton goes in the rats bank not for our club to spend.
    Better if they keep doing bad business and sell up to end this miserie.
  • What i dont understand about our strategy is that we sell players but dont line anyone up to come in. Stones has just gone to City and Everton are about to announce Williams, why dont we try something similar?
  • luke1 said:

What i dont understand about our strategy is that we sell players but dont line anyone up to come in. Stones has just gone to City and Everton are about to announce Williams, why dont we try something similar?

Because other teams aren't run by Roland and his side kick scank