Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Thompson played for a Norwich eleven v Colchester today so either it isn't him or it has fallen through

Hmmm
  • It will probably end up being Oscar Gobern.
  • I saw an article a few days back saying the Norwich player we were after was Youssouf Mulumbu not Louis Thompson. Probably nonsense though.
  • mart77 said:

I saw an article a few days back saying the Norwich player we were after was Youssouf Mulumbu not Louis Thompson. Probably nonsense though.

I'd be very surprised if we could secure him, seeing that he's spent the last 6 years in the PL
  • mart77 said:

I saw an article a few days back saying the Norwich player we were after was Youssouf Mulumbu not Louis Thompson. Probably nonsense though.

I'd be very surprised if we could secure him, seeing that he's spent the last 6 years in the PL
    Why????????
  • Why not, let's add another defensive midfielder to the ranks
  • _nam11 said:

Why not, let's add another defensive midfielder to the ranks

......but a good one!
  • He's good to be fair Rob, just think three other positions are more of a priority
  • Sponsored links:

• _nam11 said:

He's good to be fair Rob, just think three other positions are more of a priority

I would not disagree, but quality is always welcome. What we don't know is the other options - if any!
  • Essex_Al said:

Brighton accept £7 million bid from Burnley for Dale Stephens.

Hope we've got a good sell on!

Could see that coming, Brighton signed Oliver Norwood as his replacement last week.... Take note KM.
  • Redrobo said:

_nam11 said:

He's good to be fair Rob, just think three other positions are more of a priority

I would not disagree, but quality is always welcome. What we don't know is the other options - if any!
    Yeah I'm not overly keen on us signing another defensive midfielder, despite being a former (shite) defensive midfielder and loving a good holding midfielder. We still have Diarra to come back at some point, and then Kashi probably turn of the year. When everyone is fit they and Lookman are by far are the most gifted players in the squad.

That said, I'm kind of at the point where beggars can't be choosers. We need numbers. Even Thompson, who is more box-to-box but doesn't seem a natural creator or goalscorer would be welcome. Same with Gobern, who at least has an eye for a pass, even if I'm not certain he's anywhere near fit.
  • £7m...how much did we sell him for?
  • £700k.....Jesus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Brighton accept £7 million bid from Burnley for Dale Stephens.

Hope we've got a good sell on!

Al, is this you criticising squirrel face?

We're going to have words about this!
  • SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

_nam11 said:

Yeah I'm not overly keen on us signing another defensive midfielder, despite being a former (shite) defensive midfielder and loving a good holding midfielder. We still have Diarra to come back at some point, and then Kashi probably turn of the year. When everyone is fit they and Lookman are by far are the most gifted players in the squad.

That said, I'm kind of at the point where beggars can't be choosers. We need numbers. Even Thompson, who is more box-to-box but doesn't seem a natural creator or goalscorer would be welcome. Same with Gobern, who at least has an eye for a pass, even if I'm not certain he's anywhere near fit.
    Only problem with your opening paragraph is that the three mentioned players will not start 40 games between them this season.
  • 700k. He only had 6 months on his contract left and wanted to go back north

Was it really that much? (Serious question). Officially it was undisclosed, can't remember the rumours at the time).
  • Pogba signed for Utd.

Another one that we've missed out on!
  • dickplumb said:

It is not Magennes coming in.

Bulmers will have to do then
  • Ludicrous amount for Stephens though what is the game becoming
  • Ok then - so surely surely a signing today. Or Russ will need to explain what happened to his 'two thirds down the line' and '48 hours'. The after game interview will be interesting (especially explaining our exit after having to field an u21 team).
  • Ludicrous amount for Stephens though what is the game becoming

I think if I was a Burnley fan, I'd be expecting relegation again this year. They've spent around £10.7 million on Stephens, Pope and Gudmunsson. Not Premiership quality IMHO.