Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• It couldn't of been magennis because we didn't even know if a bid had been accepted so how could a deal been 2/3 done !!!!
  • FAVADDICK said:

It couldn't of been magennis because we didn't even know if a bid had been accepted so how could a deal been 2/3 done !!!!

FAVADDICK said:

It couldn't of been magennis because we didn't even know if a bid had been accepted so how could a deal been 2/3 done !!!!

Probably agreed wages with his agent, he wanted to come so just agreeing the fee was the 1/3rd to be done. Maybe the most important 1/3rd but I doubt that would get in the way of Katie telling Russ it was nearly done.
  • Agbonlahor in league 1 is just what we need. He wouldn't sign for us , but give me him over Jay Simpson, josh Magennis or any of the other AIDS we've been linked with any day of the week
  • Swisdom said:

sammy391 said:

Guy on Twitter claiming we've expressed an interest in gabby agbonlahor

Coventry seem to be in the lead in the race for him.

Those who think Roger Johnson is stealing a living should see Agbonlahor play
    A guy with 322 premier league appearances & 3 England caps is stealing a living?? Righto
    Last season - 15 games 1 goal
    14/15 = 34 games 6 goals
    13/14 = 30 games 4 goals

11 goals in 79 games in 3 years for an out and out striker.

Theft of a wage of the highest order
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

sammy391 said:

Guy on Twitter claiming we've expressed an interest in gabby agbonlahor

Coventry seem to be in the lead in the race for him.

Those who think Roger Johnson is stealing a living should see Agbonlahor play
    A guy with 322 premier league appearances & 3 England caps is stealing a living?? Righto
    Last season - 15 games 1 goal
    14/15 = 34 games 6 goals
    13/14 = 30 games 4 goals

11 goals in 79 games in 3 years for an out and out striker.

Theft of a wage of the highest order
    Agbonlahor last season was terrible, and his off field behaviour suggested that his attitude to the game wasn't right, especially for a long serving player (and captain?)
  • cafc4life said:

Agbonlahor in league 1 is just what we need. He wouldn't sign for us , but give me him over Jay Simpson, josh Magennis or any of the other AIDS we've been linked with any day of the week

AIDS?
  • A certain Frenchman only on the bench for Reading.
  • I'm sorry but £8-10m? What planet are you on.
  • I'm sorry but £8-10m? What planet are you on.

We are all on planet Roland, where anything can happen, especially anything terrible so i expect to lose him for 80-100k.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is not Magennes coming in.
  • dickplumb said:

It is not Magennes coming in.

Who is it then - if you cant say, then can you say if it isnt Louis Thompson ;)
  • dickplumb said:

Who then
  • Oh the suspense
  • dickplumb said:

When are they coming in?
  • Trying to remain calm & take the long view, 'its a marathon and not a sprint' an stuff. But its not working, i'm frustrated an depressed.

Have seen the Bromley, Leyton Orient and Ipswich games. No game plan, no energy, (excepting Holmes) NO MIDFIELD, no quality. Crofts & Foley so far look squad players at best.

Even my dog can see we have no midfield. So surely RS can. Come on Russel, persuade nightmire to invest say £300/500k on an attacking central midfielder.
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard it was Thompson and he was coming in today.
  • This imminent signing looks like it isn't happening.
  • sammy391 said:
    Come on trainspotters, what train is he waiting for?
  • Trying to remain calm & take the long view, 'its a marathon and not a sprint' an stuff. But its not working, i'm frustrated an depressed.

Have seen the Bromley, Leyton Orient and Ipswich games. No game plan, no energy, (excepting Holmes) NO MIDFIELD, no quality. Crofts & Foley so far look squad players at best.

Even my dog can see we have no midfield. So surely RS can. Come on Russel, persuade nightmire to invest say £300/500k on an attacking central midfielder.

Agreed. I think what questions or objection there were to bringing in Crofts and Foley were not so much that they were terrible signings, but that they were at best squad players who seem very limited. And yet, they have featured as a CM pairing in most of our pre-season matches and our first competitive match of the year. Every club has a budget, I'm going to go way out on a limb and suggest that ours is far too low for what our ambitions should be, but I fear that Foley and Crofts' wages are eating into a decent chunk of that budget.
  • Few things boil my piss more than someone using "on route" on social media.
  • think Russ needs to stop all this 'two in the next 72 hours' and 'one in by Tuesday' stuff as it is making him look a tit. Hasn't he realised he isn't working at a proper football club now.

Agree. I guess he's asked the question and wants to be as open with fans as possible. Trouble is, that's not how CAFC works any more.
  • Thompson played for a Norwich eleven v Colchester today so either it isn't him or it has fallen through