Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Bulot - so good they named him twice.
  • I've said it before, but both Tex and Lookman will be off before the end of the month. Tex most likely on loan as he is 30 at the end of the month and so far interested parties have not been willing to match his current deal duration.

There's been no formal approach for Lookman and whilst officially offers wouldn't be welcome, the feeling is that if the right offer came in it would be considered and the player would be keen to move on.

I think if lookman was to leave he would have been gone by now.
    Far more likely to go in Jan I reckon
  • Yes but if he sells lookman he might then sell the club not much left to sell then.
  • I'd take the hit of Lookman leaving if it meant Roly was getting on his toes.
  • I'd take the hit of Lookman leaving if it meant Roly was getting on his toes.

But as a last act of spite he would probably sell to one of his equally moronic mates.
  • if we get a half decent offer Lookman will be gone
  • that goes for any of our players, while we are in league one.
  • Redhenry do you know anything about the player coming in today ???
  • If Lookman is leaving, please get it over the line and get some pace in?

Left side ahead of fox is clearly important, middle to replace Foley also and striker. If we go for a target man, can we just pay the extra mill for one who can score himself please?

Lol, just the extra million. All so easy when your imagining spending someone else's money.
    1. No one asked him to buy the club. Why bother if you are not going to invest in it.

2. I would suggest going up this year will be a lot cheaper than staying down for a few seasons on non existent turnover.
  • With the notable exception of Ajose who unless we completely ruin will have a resale value we have sold pretty much all the quality and replaced with ageing journeymen and loans. Perhaps Pearce accepted although he won't have a resale value.

It doesn't look like a concerted effort to secure promotion to me. Either RD is setting us up for being a mid table league one club which I think he is or he's looking to sell at some point within the next 18 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

that goes for any of our players, while we are in league one.

Bloody hell - that means we're stuck with Johnson.
  • Wow BA made it to the unnamed and therefore passable list!
  • Who is actually after Texeira? Seen rumours he's going but no mention of who wants him.

BBC website this morning says Arsenal and Liverpool battling over Lookman around £2m mark.
  • We are seemingly trying to shift Lookman, that I can get the hint of from around the Club - whether we'll sell him now or Jan is yet to be decided. I'm sure if we can we would, now.
  • iaitch said:

Who is actually after Texeira? Seen rumours he's going but no mention of who wants him.

BBC website this morning says Arsenal and Liverpool battling over Lookman around £2m mark.

Seen lots of comments on Facebook slagging the club off for taking £2m........yet the only source is a tiny column in The Sun.

At the moment Lookman is nothing more than a punt. He's very young and very raw. Undeniably talented but not the finished article. He will improve with regular league football and that's probably why people are reluctant to shell out just yet. He has no release clause so we don't need to take the first offer BUT we are never going to get £8m-£10m as we feel he is worth because he's only played about 20 games in his life.

The daft truth is that at £3m he's a cheap risk and that sort of money would be accepted by the club. He doesn't want to leave but I am not sure he'll get a say in it. His agent is, I believe, really pushing him to move and likely to be the reason for additional column inches
  • With the notable exception of Ajose who unless we completely ruin will have a resale value we have sold pretty much all the quality and replaced with ageing journeymen and loans. Perhaps Pearce accepted although he won't have a resale value.

It doesn't look like a concerted effort to secure promotion to me. Either RD is setting us up for being a mid table league one club which I think he is or he's looking to sell at some point within the next 18 months.

Yeah, this has been part of the baffling part of this summer to me. The plan, in theory, was to buy and invest in players with resale value. "The Premier League stars of tomorrow at The Valley." Instead, with Ajose being the exception, we've brought in players in their late 20s/early 30s. It's a big concern to me that we don't have players who are young and hungry and have the potential to grow and improve over the season with the right mentoring and coaching. It feels like we more have players who are just...there. The player ratings from Saturday read like what I saw in pre-season, just flat, uninspired, and a feeling like players were going through the motions.
  • Swisdom said:

iaitch said:

Who is actually after Texeira? Seen rumours he's going but no mention of who wants him.

Seen lots of comments on Facebook slagging the club off for taking £2m........yet the only source is a tiny column in The Sun.

At the moment Lookman is nothing more than a punt. He's very young and very raw. Undeniably talented but not the finished article. He will improve with regular league football and that's probably why people are reluctant to shell out just yet. He has no release clause so we don't need to take the first offer BUT we are never going to get £8m-£10m as we feel he is worth because he's only played about 20 games in his life.

The daft truth is that at £3m he's a cheap risk and that sort of money would be accepted by the club. He doesn't want to leave but I am not sure he'll get a say in it. His agent is, I believe, really pushing him to move and likely to be the reason for additional column inches
    If Lookman goes even at £3 million it will be bad business. By the end of this season he will be worth £4 million at least.

The tight bastard is killing this great club. He's grabbing as many sales as he can get and spending very little leaving the team short of ability and strength in depth yet again. How much has he recouped in saved wages and transfer fees ? How much has been spent.

Him and his lying CEO are not interested in any success on the football field.

We have to get him out

• Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

iaitch said:

You say he won't get a say in his move.

Does the player employ the agent or does the agent employ the player?

The agent is pushing for a move because he gets a percentage of it I presume?

If he stays he will get first team action and can improve his game, if he sees out his contract he'll only be about 20 so plenty of time to reap the rewards.

If he goes to a big club then he'll be nowhere near the first team and likely be loaned out to all and sundry but his bank balance would be improved.
  • Dele Ali hadn't played many more senior games. He went for a shed load.
  • Dele Ali hadn't played many more senior games. He went for a shed load.

£5,5m after 88 games for MK Dons who were going well at the time.

Ademola has currently played 24 times in a shit team.

iaitch said:

Swisdom said:

iaitch said:

You say he won't get a say in his move.

Does the player employ the agent or does the agent employ the player?

The agent is pushing for a move because he gets a percentage of it I presume?

If he stays he will get first team action and can improve his game, if he sees out his contract he'll only be about 20 so plenty of time to reap the rewards.

If he goes to a big club then he'll be nowhere near the first team and likely be loaned out to all and sundry but his bank balance would be improved.
    He employs the agent but having only recently hit the big time it is safe to say he is not yet as savvy as some players in his position. He will be getting his head filled with all sorts of hopes and dreams.

It's very easy to say, as a fan, "Stay at Charlton and learn your trade - you will be comparatively wealthy as a Charlton player and then in a year or two you will become a multi millionaire." and it is common sense. Unfortunately with Premiership wages the appeal is just too great. He can probably go to Spurs and never play professionally in 4 years but still earn enough to never have to work again - moreover he can support his family with a life they probably never imagined. It's easy for an agent to turn someone's head when you look at it that way.

From what I can gather he is incredibly humble and shy. He is literally living the dream and I hope his parents are in it for the long haul and acknowledge this is the best place for him to be right now. A promotion winning season would look great, would fill him with confidence and increase his value. Conversely a crap season and ongoing turmoil at the ground and the club will help nobody and are likely to hasten any departure.
  • We are seemingly trying to shift Lookman, that I can get the hint of from around the Club - whether we'll sell him now or Jan is yet to be decided. I'm sure if we can we would, now.

Of course we're trying to sell him. Revenue's are down and the only way Duchatelet will get anywhere near break even is to sell the crown jewels.
  • Paddy Roberts went for 11 from Fulham without playing a game.
  • Paddy Roberts went for 11 from Fulham without playing a game.

He played a handful of Premier League games for Fulham, made his debut against Man City I think
  • In other news - where the feck is our new signing?

Wasnt it meant to be within 48 hours of the Bury game and before Cheltenham?

Rojo told them not to bother

Rojo told them not to bother
    Surely he told them to F**K off?
  • I'm slowly but steadily merging with the few on here who've stated "I don't give a shit who we buy whilst the Belgians are in charge".
    Completely and utterly deflated after that on Saturday.