Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• All rumours are undisclosed
  • Orient fans expecting both Cox and Simpson to leave to reduce their wage bill...

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic17596.html

Maybe Simpson is the one who is due to join us before the Cheltenham game. ITTV think he could be and I'd say both would be useful additions.
  • Cox would've been quality when we were in league one and Powelly was in charge. Now I wouldn't fancy him though.

• 2) orient fans say his best days are behind him (and his best days were as a lower league winger). Not the answer.

He'll be in good company with Jackson, Crofts and Foley then
  • Regarding Mcgennis, I've seen a little of him and he looked more like an athlete than a footballer. The problem is we don't have enough footballers, but we also don't have many out and out athletes either. Ideally I'd say don't touch with a barge pole but I don't know if we'd get anyone else in, let alone someone better, if we don't get him.

So glad we got in a British manager to play a flat 4-4-2 with two midfielders who can run around a bit, a narrow winger, and a tricky winger. Two "no-nonsense" center backs who are slow on the turn and poor with the ball at their feet, and little and large up front. It's tactics straight out the 1970s!!!
  • No point having all these forwards when you've got Kevin Foley in central midfield.
  • Aah the 70's those were the days - Paddy & Peacock on the wings, Killer & Flash up front - all out attack - how many shots did we have yesterday?
  • Aah the 70's those were the days - Paddy & Peacock on the wings, Killer & Flash up front - all out attack - how many shots did we have yesterday?

The only one I can recall was an effort from Holmes - by that time I was so pissed, it may have been a cross.
  • I read one hit the bar, only one I recall reading about.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's more a case of not knowing if Cox is as good as he was. He had an ACL injury and it's too soon to say what impact it's had on his game.
  • I read one hit the bar, only one I recall reading about.

That was the Holmes one I think.
  • We should be going for either Josh Cullen or Samuelson from West Ham on loan for a season, either would be one hell of a difference!
  • tajaddick said:

Kieran Richardson being touted about as a possible coming in this week. Free agent now.

Quality player who I think has spent his whole career in Premiership. Would be a great signing.
  • tajaddick said:

Kieran Richardson being touted about as a possible coming in this week. Free agent now.

Married to an underwear model. Put a photo of her on the would ya thread and there would be a 100% yes vote
  • ross1 said:

Day off tomorrow so I guess the mornings a write off after reading that.
  • tajaddick said:

Married to an underwear model. Put a photo of her on the would ya thread and there would be a 100% yes vote
    Natalie, no point in putting that up as a would you. Stunning.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Regarding Mcgennis, I've seen a little of him and he looked more like an athlete than a footballer. The problem is we don't have enough footballers, but we also don't have many out and out athletes either. Ideally I'd say don't touch with a barge pole but I don't know if we'd get anyone else in, let alone someone better, if we don't get him.

So glad we got in a British manager to play a flat 4-4-2 with two midfielders who can run around a bit, a narrow winger, and a tricky winger. Two "no-nonsense" center backs who are slow on the turn and poor with the ball at their feet, and little and large up front. It's tactics straight out the 1970s!!!

Yeah the whole British thing was massively overated. Best players we have had technically over the last few years have all been foreign - JBG, Buyens, Bulot, Ben Haim.

We have gone too far the other way. We needed a blend of both.
    Completely agree. Our best technical player now is Diarra.
  • Followed by Kashi
  • No thanks all plastic.
  • Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

Natalie, no point in putting that up as a would you. Stunning.
    My word. I just researched her. Oh my word.

Might just do some more research so I can be sure - don't want to make a rash call
  • Dazzler21 said:

No thanks all plastic.

She'd be able to catch a football with those lips.
  • Dazzler21 said:

No thanks all plastic.

Wrong one.
  • That one I'd definitely yes.

I did wonder!
  • Dazzler21 said:

That one I'd definitely yes.

I did wonder!

Shows you don't have to be a great footballer to have a great WAG.
  • Dazzler21 said:

No thanks all plastic.

She should receive flags, ugh!