Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• If we sign this clown, I want to revisit this thread in in December

I'll alert the media.
  • edited August 2016
    That's about as confirmed as you can get, unless they stuck it up on the OS. ^

Apparently 100k meets Kilmarnock's valuation as well. Suspect he'll be in the squad by next weekend.
  • Anyone know anything about him?

Described to me as a battering ram.
  • Redhenry said:

Anyone know anything about him?

Give us options and should help Ajose get his goals.
  • Magennis, a winger and 2 central midfielders and we will be okay
  • Thompson and Adeyemi would be ideal for the midfield roles.
  • edited August 2016
    Major said:

Major said:

I'm sure I would take your assessment over Russell Slade's, any day.

Yeah because our recruitment has always been on point and they aren't wrong more often than not.
    What has Slade got wrong so far?
    Well I'm not saying with certainty he has done anything wrong which you can't at this stage, but from seeing the player I would suggest from my eyes Magennis is a useless lump and if we need a player like that we aren't going to be too pretty to watch and I don't care if Slade thinks he can do a job it doesn't change my opinion.

However we always think signings are great in the Summer before they've kicked a ball, Ba was a very talented player who Sunderland fans weren't too pleased about losing...
  • Redhenry said:

Anyone know anything about him?

Could be handy to have on a cold Tuesday night in Oldham.
  • Other than joining, and I'm glad he did before this is taken the wrong way, absolutely nothing so far.

That 3-5-2 against the Dutch didn't go so well.

If he can get the team to perform and prevent Katrien speaking publically at all, he might turn the support around.

Unlikely, but never even thought there was a possibility of this happening under this regime.

• Sponsored links:

• That's about as confirmed as you can get, unless they stuck it up on the OS. ^

Apparently 100k meets Kilmarnock's valuation as well. Suspect he'll be in the squad by next weekend.

That article may as well have been written by his agent it's so blatantly trying to drum up a better offer and spark a wages price war.
  • Magennis, Thompson, Adeyemi and a winger.

Done, makes it happen Sladey boy
  • Happy to be proved wrong but no chance we'll sign two more CMs. Crofts hasn't come in to be 3rd or 4th choice.

Doubt we'll get a creative CM, hopefully someone that is more box to box and can get a few goals though rather than another defensive midfielder.

Slade wanted two more but I hope that's changed to three with Harriott going.
  • sam3110 said:

Magennis, Thompson, Adeyemi and a winger.

Done, makes it happen Sladey boy

To quote meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain't bad
  • edited August 2016
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36993015

League One Charlton Athletic have made a bid of £100,000 for Kilmarnock striker Josh Magennis.

The Ayrshire club turned down a slightly smaller bid from Oldham for the 25-year-old Northern Ireland striker earlier in the week.

However, this latest offer is being considered by the Rugby Park club as it will involve financial add-ons.

It is understood Charlton are confident a £3,000-a-week package will be enough to secure his signature.

Should Magennis leave for Charlton it would be a blow to Killie boss Lee Clark, since the player has been a key figure in his line-up since he became the manager in February.

Magennis featured as a substitute in all of Northern Ireland's games at Euro 2016.
  • I'd sign that Gobern.looked good in his 20 minute cameo last week
  • One in 10 over four seasons with Aberdeen, followed by one in 4 over two seasons with Kilmarnock.

In League One I suspect you'd be looking for 10 goals a season out of him. Which would be more than enough alongside Ajose and Novak.
  • Must admit when I said a striker I was thinking of a goal scorer rather than goalie. Wide left in front of fox (hoping he stays) and more attack minded CM?

• Magennis is more of a centre forward than a winger. Got a good amount of upper body strength and has a good leap on him. Will get across the front of a lot of defenders when the crosses come in.
  • Who linked us with Tom adeyemi
  • Sponsored links:

• Danny19 said:

Who linked us with Tom adeyemi

His agent
  • Scoham said:

Happy to be proved wrong but no chance we'll sign two more CMs. Crofts hasn't come in to be 3rd or 4th choice.

Doubt we'll get a creative CM, hopefully someone that is more box to box and can get a few goals though rather than another defensive midfielder.

Slade wanted two more but I hope that's changed to three with Harriott going.

Agree on the midfielders. A creative option would be nice, but someone with a bit of pace and the energy and work rate to cover a lot of ground is far more important (the replacement for Cousins if you like), imho.
  • Danny19 said:

His agent
    Really his agent linked him with us

• edited August 2016
    Major said:

Major said:

I'm sure I would take your assessment over Russell Slade's, any day.

Yeah because our recruitment has always been on point and they aren't wrong more often than not.
    What has Slade got wrong so far?
    I guess we will soon find out (that's if he has)
  • edited August 2016

You do know that the European Championship, involving the 24 best INTERNATIONAL teams on the continent, is a SLIGHTLY higher standard than League 1?

Yeah he played half an hour for a team which won one game against the worst team in the tournament for a country with a population of 1.8m and no squad depth as someone to run around a little bit and chase down opposing defenders on the ball.

Simon Church had a run out for a team who made the semi finals lets get him back.
  • Think he might make a better impression than Makienok and I wouldn't imagine he'd be starting many matches if Novak is fit
  • Danny19 said:

Redhenry - our best forum source