Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Magennis? Fuck this, I'm off to West Ham
  • cfgs said:

Signing a player off a good international tournament when their whole career has suggested they aren't up to the level. Always works out well. Fucking hell they are stupid.

Christ cheer up, seen nothing but good reviews for him from Kilmarnock fans. Can't imagine what you said when Yann signed.
    I said "Yann who?" I admit it.
    I'd spent the past month slagging off how much of a cocky twat he was. He soon changed my mind.
  • edited August 2016
    I watched quite a few Northern Ireland games throughout their Euros qualification and he is utter wank, just a physical presence who doesn't have any of the skill of a striker or a winger but is stuck on to run around and cause a nuisance. If he is our replacement for Harriott then jesus christ.

Whenever a player is signed from a foreign league they are always compared to Yann in terms of knowledge but how many of them have actually been good without a good reputation preceding them? Leicester fans actually liked Kermorgant when they were in the Championship which is a better indicator than fans of a player who was released by Aberdeen and picked up by a side who nearly got relegated from the SPL.
  • I watched quite a few Northern Ireland games throughout their Euros qualification and he is utter wank, just a physical presence who doesn't have any of the skill of a striker or a winger but is stuck on to run around and cause a nuisance. If he is our replacement for Harriott then jesus christ.

Whenever a player is signed from a foreign league they are always compared to Yann in terms of knowledge but how many of them have actually been good without a good reputation preceding them? Leicester fans actually liked Kermorgant when they were in the Championship which is a better indicator than fans of a player who was released by Aberdeen and picked up by a side who nearly got relegated from the SPL.

This. He's a fuckin donkey
  • Marvellous!

It has happened again.

"We need a striker!","Any striker!"

" Oh! No! Not him..."

Yeah but he truly is cack.

If you saw him in the euro qualifiers you'd realise that.
  • Most of our players last year were a load of cack - we're used to it!

F@ck the regime but I trust RS...
  • I watched quite a few Northern Ireland games throughout their Euros qualification and he is utter wank, just a physical presence who doesn't have any of the skill of a striker or a winger but is stuck on to run around and cause a nuisance. If he is our replacement for Harriott then jesus christ.

I'm sure I would take your assessment over Russell Slade's, any day.
  • Big fast and mobile. Seems like a decent alternative to what we currently have.

Why not
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be a good foil for Ajose

I love how you've backed up someone that's actually watched him with your google knowledge.

Classic.
    If we sign him ,you're see
  • Couldn't decide which thread to put this on, I am very happy Solly has recommitted.

A lot said about dodgy knees and inability for him to pass a medical elsewhere, this may or not be correct, but having Solly as long term right back is a pretty big positive for me.

When fit he is a high level championship player and when less fit will be very good for us in this league.
  • Would be a typical curbs signing. Can play in a couple of different positions.
  • dickplumb said:

I still think that they are trying to get Louis Thompson in on loan.

Norwich journo reckons he'll be involved in and around their first team this season and they've decided not to loan him out.
  • Thought he looked decent at the Euros.

Likewise. Could do well in League One.
  • Major said:

Yeah because our recruitment has always been on point and they aren't wrong more often than not.
  • Thought he looked decent at the Euros.

Likewise. Could do well in League One.
    He played about half an hour across 4 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we sign this clown, I want to revisit this thread in in December
  • dickplumb said:

I still think that they are trying to get Louis Thompson in on loan.

Norwich journo reckons he'll be involved in and around their first team this season and they've decided not to loan him out.
    I thought that was before they bought Alex Pritchard. The rumour that I have heard is that he is coming in before the Northampton game.

• We are Div 1 not Champions League! What do you honestly expect?
  • shirty5 said:

Macronate said:

Jay Simpson reading between the lines on ITV.

Striker/winger.

Bo legged. Would he pass the medical?
    Medicals have changed, but did you ever see Maurice Setters?
  • Signing a player off a good international tournament when their whole career has suggested they aren't up to the level. Always works out well. Fucking hell they are stupid.

Christ cheer up, seen nothing but good reviews for him from Kilmarnock fans. Can't imagine what you said when Yann signed.
    Nothing like a good ol moan, is there?.....
  • shirty5 said:

Macronate said:

Striker/winger.

Yes, bending Jack Charlton's earhole
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Macronate said:

Striker/winger.

Yes, bending Jack Charlton's earhole
    Read that wrong at first
  • Magennis, 2 birds 1 stone. Goalkeeper and a striker, Katrien the genius.
  • Major said:

Yeah because our recruitment has always been on point and they aren't wrong more often than not.
    What has Slade got wrong so far?