Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

I still think that they are trying to get Louis Thompson in on loan.

Norwich journo reckons he'll be involved in and around their first team this season and they've decided not to loan him out.
    I thought that was before they bought Alex Pritchard. The rumour that I have heard is that he is coming in before the Northampton game.

You know more than me, hopefully we get him.

• You do know that the European Championship, involving the 24 best INTERNATIONAL teams on the continent, is a SLIGHTLY higher standard than League 1?

Yeah he played half an hour for a team which won one game against the worst team in the tournament for a country with a population of 1.8m and no squad depth as someone to run around a little bit and chase down opposing defenders on the ball.

Simon Church had a run out for a team who made the semi finals lets get him back.
    And how many games did Simon Church play for us in League 1?
  • shine166 said:

Sounds like he's do a job for the striker next to him, Good job leaburn isn't about now... Half the twats that follow us would want him bombed out for not scoring 25 goals a season. 100k is peanuts and worth a punt at this level

And that would be different from when Leaburn was around how?
  • No number 3 in the squad numbers I notice. New left back coming in perhaps?
  • No number 3 in the squad numbers I notice. New left back coming in perhaps?

No - just that our left backs both have other numbers and Kashi who had it last year has got a new number.
  • More from Dr Kish.

Kevin Foley signed a deal on Friday that will initially run until January.

Foley is a right-back who can also operate as a holding midfielder.

Foley is not the player Russell Slade was referring to on Thursday, when he said a deal could be completed on Friday. That deal looks certain to be completed early next week.

The Addicks are reported to have made a £100,000 bid for Kilmarnock's Northern Ireland international striker, Josh Mcgennis.

Mcgennis made substitute appearances in the European Championships, and would provide good back-up to Nicky Ajose and Lee Novak.

Charlton announced their squad numbers for the forthcoming campaign on Friday.

Kevin Foley was given the number 2 shirt, Nicky Ajose will wear 10, Ricky Holmes 11, and Lee Novak opted for 30.

Roger Johnson moves to number 6, Ademola Lookman to 7, and Ahmed Kashi moves down to 25.

Youngsters Regan Charles-Cook, Mikhail Kennedy, Terrell Thomas and Josh Umerah have dropped out of the list, and surprisingly, Brandon Hanlan has not been given a number.

Jorge Teixeira has retained the number 50 shirt, which tends to indicate that the Portuguese defender's departure is imminent.
  • Actual football starts tomorrow.

Come on you reds.

With Bury having a white home strip anyone know what we will be wearing?

Purple?
  • Actual football starts tomorrow.

Come on you reds.

With Bury having a white home strip anyone know what we will be wearing?

Purple?

I'd hazard a guess at black
  • Sponsored links:

• Magennis. Think Simon Church. Think Kyle Lafferty. Then think again.
  • Amazed RCC and TT not in Russel's plans.

Yeah, but you're probably on your own with that.

They will have numbers but not published for whatever reason. If o was big rus, I would just to make the squad look bigger

They will have numbers but not published for whatever reason. If o was big rus, I would just to make the squad look bigger
    Maybe he's done the exact opposite as a means of telling the owners that the squad still needs additions.

I think Slade may be trying to prove a point to Katrien Meire by not giving them squad players.

I think Slade may be trying to prove a point to Katrien Meire by not giving them squad players.
    TT hasn't performed well in the pre season friendlies and is well behind Konsa now.

Suspect he may go out on loan.
  • In an ideal world I would want the below.

Rudd
    A.N. Other Gillespie?
    Phillips- out on loan

Solly
    A.N. Other Foley?

Fox
    THD

Pearce
    Tex Probably off
    Bauer
    Lenton
    Johnson
    Konsa

Holmes
    A.N. Other Foley could be last resort here?

Harriot
    Lookman (as long as they both stay)

kashi -can't count as long term inj
    Diarra - ditto
    Crofts
    Jackson
    A.N. Other box to box Gobern? Thompson?
    A.N. Other creative
    Ba
    Muldoon
    Charlie-Charles

Novak
    A.N. Other
    Ajose
    Hanlan
    Umerah
    KAG
    Kennedy

Have I missed anyone?

So to me an ideal world would be 6 more.

In reality. Phillips would be no2 even if it's not the best for his development. Foley will cover 3 positions and we will get 1 CM and 1 striker. That will see is comfortable and with luck we can challenge higher but to be sure of challenging I want all of those in.

So Foley in covers RB. But Harriott out.

So in an ideal world 1 keeper, 2 wingers (3 if lookman goes), 2 CM and 1 striker.

Absolute minimum for me 1 striker, 1 winger, 2 CM.

Phillips can be back up even though a year long loan to league 2 would be best for his development. I am willing to use young players (KAG/Kennedy/THD) out wide if need be. Need 3 senior strikers no matter how good your kids are. And CM needs sorting 100%.
  • Please god no

Do you ever post anything remotely sensible or positive ?

The amount of completely bellend posts we get on here is staggering. You know absolutely nothing about this player just like the rest of us.

Well said @ShootersHillGuru
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Please god no

Do you ever post anything remotely sensible or positive ?

The amount of completely bellend posts we get on here is staggering. You know absolutely nothing about this player just like the rest of us.

Well said @ShootersHillGuru
    Throw us a bone Redhenry :0)

• edited August 2016
    Sky sports reporting Kilmarnock have turned down our bid for Magennis
  • cafc4life said:

Sky sports reporting Kilmarnock have turned down our bid from Magennis

More like Magennis ran a mile when he saw our team / result from today.

Slade said one more in next 48 hours.

Bearing in mind we are still haggling over this guy, the one more must be Thompson? Any thoughts Redhenry?
  • The system we played today, laurie Wilson would have been ideal.
  • We need to give Oscar Godern a contract as well as the midfielder signing hopefully in the next 48 hours! Today's midfield by the sounds of it was very old! Foley as back up not first choice! And I hate to say it Jackson! Left winger! Yes 5 years ago but not now!
  • cblock said:

The system we played today, laurie Wilson would have been ideal.

We played to a system!!!

• LoOkOuT said:

cblock said:

We played to a system!!!

What, we didn't just do 'spread out'........
  • cblock said:

Saw him in the Bolton team today before the matches all started. First thought was how we desperately need someone like him now.

Wasn't fantastic but was alright, I guess you don't know what you got till its gone. Wilson would've drove us forward, showed determination and worked hard. Him in front of Solly and Holmes on the left if he wasn't going to start Lookman, would be ideal for us in the current situation.
  • Spend some money RD on midfielders and striker.