Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

Kieran Richardson being touted about as a possible coming in this week. Free agent now.

Quality player who I think has spent his whole career in Premiership. Would be a great signing.
    Hmm, I'm not so sure. He's generally travelled down in all of his transfers and been unwanted by the end of his stays at his clubs. He was hated at Villa by the end and was seen as the type of player who drove them into their decline with his attitude and lack of commitment. I'm sure he'd be plenty good enough technically for L1 but not so sure his attitude would fit the Slade mould. Doubt he'd be up for grinding out a Tuesday night win in February. I'm sure he'd get on with Johnson though
  • http://bit.ly/2aSPKG5

Liverpool and Arsenal ahead in race for Lookman. A few people were hinting at him leaving last week so he'll definitely be off. Let's just hope we get a loan back.

Liverpool and Arsenal ahead in race for Lookman. A few people were hinting at him leaving last week so he'll definitely be off. Let's just hope we get a loan back.

If he does leave we know it will be for a fraction of his real market value.

Unused sub! What poor journalism
  • If Lookman is leaving, please get it over the line and get some pace in?

Left side ahead of fox is clearly important, middle to replace Foley also and striker. If we go for a target man, can we just pay the extra mill for one who can score himself please?
  • Regarding Kieran Richardon's Mrs, can confirm she's decent, I was honeymooning in Miami couple months ago and he was in our hotel with her and kids or kid can't remember, she wasn't very wag looking quite natural as it happens, anyway I'm waffling, a certified weapon for sure.
  • At this stage and with the money we've already had in, the board should say no to Lookman leaving.
  • Even if he does go it HAS to be a loan back. Every other club gets a loan back in that situation and he won't be starting prem games any time soon.

If they dont agree to it - no deal.

• Even if he does go it HAS to be a loan back. Every other club gets a loan back in that situation and he won't be starting prem games any time soon.

2m no deal. Play him this year and sell him next. The problem Roland will have next summer is that he won't have many assets to sell
  • If we can get £25M, a loan back and Ojo, Flanagan, Sturridge and Lallana I would let Liverpool have him. Otherwise, "no deal".

KM has her sales target though and has failed with her negotiations so far on the rest of our players so badly she has been called up to the FA board. I expect him gone for a mil or two with a future sell on to RD personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• We sell him at this stage, then I've got to believe those rumours that he's looking to sell the club
  • Thought Simpson was joining Southend.
  • Thought KAG might go to a different L2 club not Orient .
  • Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

Kieran Richardson being touted about as a possible coming in this week. Free agent now.

Quality player who I think has spent his whole career in Premiership. Would be a great signing.
    Hmm, I'm not so sure. He's generally travelled down in all of his transfers and been unwanted by the end of his stays at his clubs. He was hated at Villa by the end and was seen as the type of player who drove them into their decline with his attitude and lack of commitment. I'm sure he'd be plenty good enough technically for L1 but not so sure his attitude would fit the Slade mould. Doubt he'd be up for grinding out a Tuesday night win in February. I'm sure he'd get on with Johnson though
    I agree, but we're really at the stage where beggars can't be choosers. We still talk in terms of "X player replacing Y," like Thompson replacing Cousins. But we had such a small squad going into preseason after letting contracts expire and loanees return, it's not one-to-one and hasn't been for quite some time.

In my humble opinion, and I tend to favor smaller squads and give youth a chance, we still need 5-6 players or reasonable quality, and that's assuming we don't lose any more. And these players on a free won't do, we need starting quality if we plan to go straight back up. I don't think more holding midfielders (Thompson) are the answer.

Left side ahead of fox is clearly important, middle to replace Foley also and striker. If we go for a target man, can we just pay the extra mill for one who can score himself please?

Lol, just the extra million. All so easy when your imagining spending someone else's money.

Lol, just the extra million. All so easy when your imagining spending someone else's money.
    Someone else's? The money paid for a player at our club goes in to the club. It isn't any one persons. At least that what happens at any normal club.
  • Lookman will leave but i don't think it will be yet maybe Jan, if he was going to go he would surely have gone by now, no time to settle in to any squad, I reckon deal has been done and will take place in the next window once he has had a run out for us, he is no gomez and still very very raw and in a position that needs goals and games,

That saying the despicable meire would love to shove another act upon us just for revenge hell have no fury like a woman scorned,

I hope by now one of our female fans would have bitch slapped her and dragged her sorry arse by her hair into the carpark and left her in no doubt she is a wretched excuse for a CEO and woman,

Sell Lookman and that's the final sign surely for ramping the overseas action up, it's the only way, I will have loads of free time from mid September to assist this time, and will be very willing to do so

I liked the fact her family home was targeted and should be again as should two shit chalets personal building ls and businesses
  • Lookman will leave but i don't think it will be yet maybe Jan, if he was going to go he would surely have gone by now, no time to settle in to any squad, I reckon deal has been done and will take place in the next window once he has had a run out for us, he is no gomez and still very very raw and in a position that needs goals and games,

That saying the despicable meire would love to shove another act upon us just for revenge hell have no fury like a woman scorned,

I hope by now one of our female fans would have bitch slapped her and dragged her sorry arse by her hair into the carpark and left her in no doubt she is a wretched excuse for a CEO and woman,

Sell Lookman and that's the final sign surely for ramping the overseas action up, it's the only way, I will have loads of free time from mid September to assist this time, and will be very willing to do so

I liked the fact her family home was targeted and should be again as should two shit chalets personal building ls and businesses

Agree with the majority of your post but not the family home.

This has nothing to do with them, we should be sympathetic to them having a daughter like her!

2m no deal. Play him this year and sell him next. The problem Roland will have next summer is that he won't have many assets to sell
    He will over have Katrien, any offers?
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

I agree, but we're really at the stage where beggars can't be choosers. We still talk in terms of "X player replacing Y," like Thompson replacing Cousins. But we had such a small squad going into preseason after letting contracts expire and loanees return, it's not one-to-one and hasn't been for quite some time.

In my humble opinion, and I tend to favor smaller squads and give youth a chance, we still need 5-6 players or reasonable quality, and that's assuming we don't lose any more. And these players on a free won't do, we need starting quality if we plan to go straight back up. I don't think more holding midfielders (Thompson) are the answer.
    From what I've read Thompson sounds more like Cousins, a box to box midfielder that can also play the holding role.
  • Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

From what I've read Thompson sounds more like Cousins, a box to box midfielder that can also play the holding role.
    We desperately missed Cousins on Saturday.
  • Any chance of getting Buyens and Bulot back?
  • Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Redrobo said:

tajaddick said:

We desperately missed Cousins on Saturday.
    Looked good for QPR, came on in the second half. Chased down and tackled his man several times, getting big rounds of applause. One great cross-field pass and won a penalty.
  • Looking back Roland selling Liege was really bad news for us. Bulot, Watt, Ben Haim and Bulot were solid Championship players.
  • Looking back Roland selling Liege was really bad news for us. Bulot, Watt, Ben Haim and Bulot were solid Championship players.

Spotted what you did there to make that list seem longer than it actually was..

And as the priorities could have swung more our way there were more on tap. Tex was post him selling (still don't get that) but players like De Camargo, Mpoku etc were all decent.
  • I've said it before, but both Tex and Lookman will be off before the end of the month. Tex most likely on loan as he is 30 at the end of the month and so far interested parties have not been willing to match his current deal duration.

There's been no formal approach for Lookman and whilst officially offers wouldn't be welcome, the feeling is that if the right offer came in it would be considered and the player would be keen to move on.