Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

No rumours then? How depressing.

Not a rumour, but how ridiculous is money in the game when £136.5m is the amount spent today on just 2 players, both homegrown, talented individuals who are 22/23, joining the two Manchester teams. Now tell me the likes of Lookman shouldn't be 'worth' 8-10m to a top football club with that kind of money to spend
    Stones went for 3.5 million initially and Pogba 800k. We aren't a big enough club to demand that kind of money. Simple. As much as people try their best to convince themselves we are. 4-5m is an absolute maximum I'd say.
    How do you explain the fees for Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Patrick Roberts?
  • Scoham said:

sam3110 said:

Not a rumour, but how ridiculous is money in the game when £136.5m is the amount spent today on just 2 players, both homegrown, talented individuals who are 22/23, joining the two Manchester teams. Now tell me the likes of Lookman shouldn't be 'worth' 8-10m to a top football club with that kind of money to spend
    Stones went for 3.5 million initially and Pogba 800k. We aren't a big enough club to demand that kind of money. Simple. As much as people try their best to convince themselves we are. 4-5m is an absolute maximum I'd say.
    How do you explain the fees for Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Patrick Roberts?
    Southampton were even at the time a much bigger club, with an owner willing to spend more money. Fulham have still fairly recently been relegated from the prem.
  • Barnsley to receive over 7m for Stones sell-on and Bristol City close to 4m for Bolasie sell on. Rumour is that if Stephens completes his move to Burnley we have to pay Brighton 500k :-(

lolwut why?
  • Palace getting £30m from Everton.
  • 30 million for Bolasie... It's just getting stupid now.
  • Palace getting £30m from Everton.

The more money for Pardew to waste the better.
  • Bauer playing for the U21s today and scored.

1 - 1 latest score v Wimbledon in PSF

No other team news so no idea who the two trialists are

My guess is that they are Richardson and gobern. How bad has the rumours thread got that I'm playing guess the has been trialist
    Whose Richardson?
    Cliff Richard's son?
  • Nigel Wankers, just shows how far we've fallen under these pricks
  • Sponsored links:

• They will go for Benteke over £30m.
  • Nigel Wankers, just shows how far we've fallen under these pricks

No need to panic, we might get Louis Thompson on loan.
  • sam3110 said:

SSN said it was £1.5m, but how do we know which is right
  • These fees the last week or so and some thought 2m or so was good for Gudmunsson (face palm x5)
  • ross1 said:

sam3110 said:

SSN said it was £1.5m, but how do we know which is right
    £800k back in 2012 was equivalent to €1.5m

Now £89m is equivalent to €105m
  • edited August 2016
    Tammy Abrahams 2 in 2 for Brizzle

We've barely tested keeper for 2 matches
  • Wouldn't worry, Russel has said we're very close to a signing...
  • next 48hrs
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Ketts said 'roll on the takeover' on the main thread on CAFCPicks. Yes I'm desperate but... Could be something?
  • TravHouse said:
    Not sad about losing out on Mcgennis.

Grimmer is a right back. We just signed Foley as cover, plus Konsa and THD could cover in an emergency. Grimmer also provides cover at CB. Are we just taking the piss? Is this a game of "How many defenders and midfielders can we sign who could reasonably be classed as 'meh'?" A 22 year old Scotland youth international whose played in the Championship is the type of player I think we should be looking at, but not in those positions. Ridiculous.
  • Ketts said 'roll on the takeover' on the main thread on CAFCPicks. Yes I'm desperate but... Could be something?

You're going to have to explain that one (or provide a link).
  • Ketts said 'roll on the takeover' on the main thread on CAFCPicks. Yes I'm desperate but... Could be something?

It was Keith , not ketts unfortunately!
  • These fees the last week or so and some thought 2m or so was good for Gudmunsson (face palm x5)

Tbf though he is a Championship level player. I agree the fee (if that is really what it was because all we have is speculation) it is a bit low but not massively off.
  • Admin should just close this thread. Nothing's going to happen. I feel sorry for all of those who got conned into buying a ST of the back of a couple of acquisitions .... New signings in 48 hours (pah)
  • sammy391 said:

Ketts said 'roll on the takeover' on the main thread on CAFCPicks. Yes I'm desperate but... Could be something?

It was Keith , not ketts unfortunately!
    Boring isn't it, just sitting in , watching the transfer rumour thread with your life