Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

We are being linked to Jed Wallace on loan from Wolves. He was on loan to Wolves last season.

That's the best local cm option i have seen for us so far imo. Perfect for what we need. Will know Pearce from Pompey. He would be ideal.
  • dickplumb said:

We are being linked to Jed Wallace on loan from Wolves. He was on loan to Wolves last season.

That would be a top drawer signing.
  • dickplumb said:

Incidentally where has the link been reported?
  • dickplumb said:

On loan at Millwall last season.
  • paulfox said:

Cousins work rate was in no doubt, but creative ball playing midfielder, he was not. In fact his passing ability is average at best. I loved his effort for us though.obviously better than we have now, but we are settling for trialists in league 1.

He moved the ball quickly , which is all you need from a primarily defensive midfielder
  • Another winger would be useful as well if we want a promotion quality depth of squad i.e. two for every position. Plus it would avoid us being screwed and short of good players who can play wide if Lookman leaves. Really hope Ade stays as well though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be a great signing. Would prefer permanent deal but season loan will do.
  • Not a rumour but i would like to see us go in for Jed Wallace. Good creative player and shouldn't be out of price range. With Wolves new owners he may not be fancied there.

Good to our scouting has reached Charlton life!
  • paulfox said:

Cousins work rate was in no doubt, but creative ball playing midfielder, he was not. In fact his passing ability is average at best. I loved his effort for us though.obviously better than we have now, but we are settling for trialists in league 1.

Agreed, but we no longer have either. There's no pace or energy in central midfield to go with a creative player.
  • Has anyone got a link to the story?
  • dickplumb said:

That's the best local cm option i have seen for us so far imo. Perfect for what we need. Will know Pearce from Pompey. He would be ideal.
    And Holmes too
  • Has anyone got a link to the story?

Pretty sure this is a Football Rumours special. He's a winger primarily, can't see it happening.
  • Wallace came on as a sub for Wolves yesterday.
  • The fairly abject performance of Norwich City's midfield yesterday would probably give encouragement to the likes of Louis Thompson that their day is not far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Bradley Pritchard is unattached. If we don,t sign some energy & pace in CM soon, could he do a job? Unlikely to stretch our budget.
  • I see Bradley Pritchard is unattached. If we don,t sign some energy & pace in CM soon, could he do a job? Unlikely to stretch our budget.

Doubt it, im sure there is a reason L2 Orient released him..

Retired hasn't he?
  • Sage said:

Louis Thompson again not involved in the Norwich squad yesterday, how can they say he's part of their plans?

Also Adeyemi not featured this season. But hopefully, we manage to get in at least 1 midfielder soon, can't keep playing Foley and Crofts in centre midfield.

If a good squad has around 25 players they can't all make it in the matchday squad.
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Louis Thompson again not involved in the Norwich squad yesterday, how can they say he's part of their plans?

Also Adeyemi not featured this season. But hopefully, we manage to get in at least 1 midfielder soon, can't keep playing Foley and Crofts in centre midfield.

If a good squad has around 25 players they can't all make it in the matchday squad.
    I wonder what it would be like to have a good squad of 25, ah we can only dream
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Yes but when they have got a squad of 12 midfielders without counting too many wide midfielders, you can see why we should have a chance of signing him.
  • Pritch works at MDR law firm in paralegal, retired it seems
  • I have a friend who knows Richie Towell, I'll ask him to do some digging.
  • Might have the wrong player from Brighton though