Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Well it seems unlikely to me that Ipswich could buy him. I think RD wants something close to £3 - 4 million for Lookman so on that basis it's not on. If he goes for something that Ipswich can afford then frankly that will be it for me until RD pisses off.
  • Well it seems unlikely to me that Ipswich could buy him. I think RD wants something close to £3 - 4 million for Lookman so on that basis it's not on. If he goes for something that Ipswich can afford then frankly that will be it for me until RD pisses off.

I have no doubt he would accept far less than that if there was a cash offer. 1.5 at a push

I have no doubt he would accept far less than that if there was a cash offer. 1.5 at a push
    That's close to a flag ;0)

• Swisdom said:

I have heard our new signing is Egyptian (cotton)

I heard there was a Moroccan coming in. As well as a Belgian and three players on loan from Bournemouth.
    yawn
  • Swisdom said:

I heard there was a Moroccan coming in. As well as a Belgian and three players on loan from Bournemouth.
    yawn
    Anyone who comments 'yawn' deserves a good shooting
  • J BLOCK said:

Ipswich haven't got the money to get him

I'm sure if they don't have the money, Katrien could haggle a bit and accept a 35 year old midfielder and a tractor plough in exchange.
  • All these Towell comments have made me want to barf!
  • Mick McCarthy raved about him when he played for the under 21s at Ipswich last year so can see this happening unfortunately.

I was fortunate enough to play golf with McCarthy in May and he confirmed he is very impressed by Lookman and also THD. "Lookman is a bit raw and not ready for the premiership yet but he's a good player."

• Swisdom said:

Mick McCarthy raved about him when he played for the under 21s at Ipswich last year so can see this happening unfortunately.

I was fortunate enough to play golf with McCarthy in May and he confirmed he is very impressed by Lookman and also THD. "Lookman is a bit raw and not ready for the premiership yet but he's a good player."

He also said his owner wouldn't open his wallet for that type of player...he barely spends a penny on purchases
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Mick McCarthy raved about him when he played for the under 21s at Ipswich last year so can see this happening unfortunately.

He also said his owner wouldn't open his wallet for that type of player...he barely spends a penny on purchases
    It's a good job we sell for pennies then. Or just give them away in Henderson and Morrison's case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nowhere near tall enough for an Ipswich team
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Isn't his owner under investigation for selling Olympic tickets above face value?
  • Mick McCarthy raved about him when he played for the under 21s at Ipswich last year so can see this happening unfortunately.

Until you realise the "rumour" came from one of "those" Twitter accounts.
  • If Lookman goes to Ipswich. Greenie junior will get his name tattooed on his ass.
  • Swisdom said:

yawn
    Anyone who comments 'yawn' deserves a good shooting
    someones a bit aggressive
  • Jed Wallace has tweeted Holmes about being voted tonight's star performer in the EFL....

This must mean he's singing...
  • Jed Wallace has tweeted Holmes about being voted tonight's star performer in the EFL....

This must mean he's singing...

Played with him at Pompey, probably just acknowledging an old mates performance. With that said, he'd be a welcomed addition
  • However, We were rumored to sign him in July soooooo maybe
  • Prefer Adeyami.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a bit quiet on the rumours seeing as we're looking to bring two more mdfielders in.
  • edited August 2016
    I think slade has given up, he has thrown the towell in!!
  • edited August 2016
    boogica said:

boogica said:

We need a central midfielder who is gonna dictate the way we play , the arseholes who run the need to sign someone , and when someone is available stop fucking dithering like u AV done all summer and get the deal across the line b4 more players go elsewhere .

I don't get it?
    Basically if u are after a player , u need to pursue it with something concrete.
    What lamp Towell with a breezeblock do you mean??
  • We won last night, the search for players is over.

Lepoint in January and we are set for our relegation battle.
  • Rudd/Phillips (Mitov)
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/_______
    Crofts/______ (Charles-Cook)
    Jackson/______ (Kashi)
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

Players in brackets are back up/long term injured.

Based on that I'd say we need 2 more central midfielders and possibly another winger. The central midfielders, one needs to be full of energy, a proper box to box midfielder in the Cousins mould, and the other needs to be a 2016 edition Andy Reid, a creative outlet that plays on the front foot

• sam3110 said:

Rudd/Phillips (Mitov)
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/_______
    Jackson/______ (Kashi)
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

Based on that I'd say we need 2 more central midfielders and possibly another winger. The central midfielders, one needs to be full of energy, a proper box to box midfielder in the Cousins mould, and the other needs to be a 2016 edition Andy Reid, a creative outlet that plays on the front foot

I'd probably count Foley as back up midfielder as well, so think it'll be 1 wide midfielder, 1 CM. That would actually be a decent squad I think, as long as the two incoming have some quality.
  • Prefer Adeyami.

Based on what? How much have you seen of Adeyami and Wallace?

sam3110 said:

Rudd/Phillips (Mitov)
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/_______
    Jackson/______ (Kashi)
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

I'd probably count Foley as back up midfielder as well, so think it'll be 1 wide midfielder, 1 CM. That would actually be a decent squad I think, as long as the two incoming have some quality.
    Also have Muldoon as well. Slade mentioned a box to box midfielder, where did he say he wants two more signings? Wasn't that just speculation on Dr Kish?
  • edited August 2016
    Scoham said:

Prefer Adeyami.

Based on what? How much have you seen of Adeyami and Wallace?

sam3110 said:

Rudd/Phillips (Mitov)
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/_______
    Jackson/______ (Kashi)
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

Also have Muldoon as well. Slade mentioned a box to box midfielder, where did he say he wants two more signings? Wasn't that just speculation on Dr Kish?
    Plus Tex is still around. Can't see Alou getting much game time in central defence once all our CBs are fit.

We need a creative midfielder and maybe a winger before the end of August. When Foley's contract is up in January, I'd be looking replace him with a more attacking option.
  • edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

Rudd/Phillips (Mitov)
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/_______
    Jackson/______ (Kashi)
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

I'd add another striker to that list too. I don't think KAG has done enough yet (he's still very young and has time) to be classed as a senior player. I'd put him in the same bracket as Hanlan and Umerah: if they push on and force their way into first team contention, then great, but we shouldn't be relying on them, even as fourth choice strikers.

The squad is still very thin at the moment. The midfield that's started the last two matches isn't good enough, and we only have three positive options from the bench. Any injuries, and we're going to struggle. Without recourse to emergency loans, I think we need at least the following:

- A creative central midfielder (good enough to start);
    - A creative central midfielder (good enough for the bench);
    - A winger (bench/squad player);
    - A striker (squad player).

With the way that Konsa's started the season, we can afford to lose one, possibly two, centre halves (Texeira and possibly Johnson) to free up some wages.
  • Would Wallace fill both a creative central player and a winger? Or is he too attack minded to play central with only Crofts as a partner? Forgot about Muldoon, and I agree Foley could take up a central midfield spot, so perhaps a winger who can also play central and a box to box man with a huge engine