Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Is Muldoon ready or good enough? We need more players, simple as. This squad, especially with older journeymen, will pick up even more injuries.
  • Interesting everyone seems happy with Phillips as back up keeper. Only takes an injury to Rudd or for Norwich to recall him and we have Phillips/Mitov as our two keepers with no ability to use a loan system.

Pretty sure Slade only mentioned one more though who will be a midfielder I would imagine. Let's hope we don't suffer injuries as this squad is small (again).
  • Is Muldoon ready or good enough? We need more players, simple as. This squad, especially with older journeymen, will pick up even more injuries.

Not sure about Muldoon but he's still here and has been given a number.

We should pick up less injuries overall, got to do a better job at preventing injuries and helping player recover between games. Slade should have a better idea of what's needed than RDs head coaches.
  • Interesting everyone seems happy with Phillips as back up keeper. Only takes an injury to Rudd or for Norwich to recall him and we have Phillips/Mitov as our two keepers with no ability to use a loan system.

Pretty sure Slade only mentioned one more though who will be a midfielder I would imagine. Let's hope we don't suffer injuries as this squad is small (again).

Norwich can't recall him until January.
  • Scoham said:

Is Muldoon ready or good enough? We need more players, simple as. This squad, especially with older journeymen, will pick up even more injuries.

Not sure about Muldoon but he's still here and has been given a number.

We should pick up less injuries overall, got to do a better job at preventing injuries and helping player recover between games. Slade should have a better idea of what's needed than RDs head coaches.
    I agree with this, but the small squad size could make it harder to prevent injury, as it gives Slade less scope to rest players.

And even if they did recall him and we want to we can get another 'keeper on emergency loan - the only type of player you are still allowed to under these crazy rules!
  • Ross said:

Interesting everyone seems happy with Phillips as back up keeper. Only takes an injury to Rudd or for Norwich to recall him and we have Phillips/Mitov as our two keepers with no ability to use a loan system.

Norwich can't recall him until January.
    They can if they are unable to field 2 senior keepers in their squad under the loan rules. I beleive one of their three keepers picked up an injury recently.
  • edited August 2016
    Pedro45 said:

Interesting everyone seems happy with Phillips as back up keeper. Only takes an injury to Rudd or for Norwich to recall him and we have Phillips/Mitov as our two keepers with no ability to use a loan system.

And even if they did recall him and we want to we can get another 'keeper on emergency loan - the only type of player you are still allowed to under these crazy rules!
    Ok, good. Gives some comfort, although I still find it odd. Surely bring in experienced cover and let Phillips out on loan to develop his career rather than stalling on our bench.
  • Anything happening? Horrible feeling that we are going to try and go through the season with Crofts and Jackson as a midfield pairing.

• Sponsored links:

• They know who they want but have to wait for them to become available.

Might happen or might not but Slade seems petty clear he wants two more midfielders and so far he's got what wanted.

Think it will go to next week or the one after as we're near the end of the chain ie some prem clubs gets a midfielder = they release a player to Norwich = Norwich release Thompson to us = Muldoon goes out on loan to Div 4
  • Where has Slade said he wants two more?
  • They know who they want but have to wait for them to become available.

Might happen or might not but Slade seems petty clear he wants two more midfielders and so far he's got what wanted.

Think it will go to next week or the one after as we're near the end of the chain ie some prem clubs gets a midfielder = they release a player to Norwich = Norwich release Thompson to us = Muldoon goes out on loan to Div 4

Hope your right about this, we need at least one cm if not two
  • Scoham said:

Where has Slade said he wants two more?

It was in the Meire Mirror
  • Scoham said:

Where has Slade said he wants two more?

He said it after Saturday's game
  • The list from Sam is a good start

Rudd/Phillips (Mitov) Plus one to allow Dillon out on loan again?
    Solly/Foley
    Pearce/Konsa (Diarra)
    Bauer/Lennon (Johnson)
    Fox/THD
    Holmes/Botaka
    Lookman/ Simpson ??? still at Orient
    Crofts/______ (Charles-Cook) Louis Thompson
    Jackson/______ (Kashi) Is Gobern still on trial ? Liam Henderson ?
    Ajose/KAG (Hanlan)
    Magennis/Novak (Umerah)

My own hope for a left footed winger to replace Harriott.
  • Regarding the CM we desperately need, and it is desperate let's not get too carried away after last night, I'm not even too fussed if it's a loanee to cover the complete recovery of Kashi and Diarra.

As for the winger we need, gotta be a long term purchase, another Holmes would do!
  • Regarding the CM we desperately need, and it is desperate let's not get too carried away after last night, I'm not even too fussed if it's a loanee to cover the complete recovery of Kashi and Diarra.

As for the winger we need, gotta be a long term purchase, another Holmes would do!

Crofts and Foley can cover for the absence of Kashi and Diarra, it's more a replacement for Cousins we need, a box to box midfielder with a great engine
  • Liam Henderson on the bench in the Champions League for Celtic tonight.
  • I've been missing since page 243. Has Tex gone?
  • Sponsored links:

• scidbox said:

I've been missing since page 243. Has Tex gone?

Nope.
  • cafc4life said:

scidbox said:

Darren Bents gone to Spurs for £16 mil tho incase you missed that one
    Dont be so negative over the Darren Bent transfer... Has Allan Simonsen signed from Barcelona yet?
  • cafc4life said:

scidbox said:

Darren Bents gone to Spurs for £16 mil tho incase you missed that one
    Dont be so negative over the Darren Bent transfer... Has Allan Simonsen signed from Barcelona yet?
    Not yet, but Russell says we will be patient
  • Shane Duffy is worth a look at, scored 3 own goals in 2 games and got sent off...

Probably still better than Rojo
  • mr.se7 said:

Shane Duffy is worth a look at, scored 3 own goals in 2 games and got sent off...

Probably still better than Rojo

Nah hasnt told a fan to go f**k himself so Katrien isnt too interested
  • FAVADDICK said:

Who would have Luke Murphy from Leeds then he's been told he is free to leave the club !!

Good player in League One, who has played regularly in the Championship. Be very surprised to see him drop a division, but would be a brilliant signing.

Again, no Louis Thompson in the Norwich squad yesterday and no Adeyemi for Cardiff either this season..
  • Decent player Murphy, what we need as well.
  • But would you drop Jacko at the moment! 2 goals in as many games