Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• uie2 said:

But would you drop Jacko at the moment! 2 goals in as many games

But Jacko is injury prone, and it's a 46 game league season plus we can't conveniently bow out of the Football League Paint Cup Thing (TM). We need numbers, and creativity in midfield. Also, JJ's run of goals has been great and well timed, but prior to this he'd gone ~9 months without scoring.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Who would have Luke Murphy from Leeds then he's been told he is free to leave the club !!

FAVADDICK said:

Who would have Luke Murphy from Leeds then he's been told he is free to leave the club !!

I wanted us to get him when he was at Crewe. Would be a good signing for any league 1 club.
  • Luke Murphy would be a great signing at this level!!
  • edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

But Jacko is injury prone, and it's a 46 game league season plus we can't conveniently bow out of the Football League Paint Cup Thing (TM). We need numbers, and creativity in midfield. Also, JJ's run of goals has been great and well timed, but prior to this he'd gone ~9 months without scoring.
    Though in his defence it was in a different division and over that period he had three different managers and was in and out of the team through injury and just not being selected. The entire team was out of sorts.

Of course he is not going to be able to play every game, but he offers much more than Foley does. I'd keep Jacko in there right now.
  • sam3110 said:

Patience, Russell Slade's word of the month it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk
  • Valley11 said:

No, I'd put the new player in for Foley

Foley is fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Foley is fine.
    As a back up right back and last resort CDM. He is not the answer to our box to box or creative CM question.
  • I'm sure Jacko already has a fancy foreign term - the striker played in midfield
  • Leuth said:

I'm sure Jacko already has a fancy foreign term - the striker played in midfield

The Rooneyio
  • sam3110 said:

And any CAFC fans' word of the last two and a half seasons!
  • edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

I think we have misheard ole RS... he said patients, which ties in with what I have always thought we are, mental health patients!
  • sam3110 said:

I think we have misheard ole RS... he said patients, which ties in with what I have always thought we are, mental health patients!
    Good job the NHS are on site. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

uie2 said:

Though in his defence it was in a different division and over that period he had three different managers and was in and out of the team through injury and just not being selected. The entire team was out of sorts.

Of course he is not going to be able to play every game, but he offers much more than Foley does. I'd keep Jacko in there right now.
    Yes, all fair, and I wouldn't drop him at the moment. But down the road we'll need options and we may need more dynamism than he brings.
  • Charlton Life's word of every month: ''scapegoat''
  • thenewbie said:

Charlton Life's word of every month: ''scapegoat''

Winger / creative midfielder
  • Valley11 said:

Foley is fine.
    As a back up right back and last resort CDM. He is not the answer to our box to box or creative CM question.
    Im not stupid enough, to think he is a box to box midfielder.
    All I'm saying is he is doing fine, and is not as bad as people keep mentioning, the same as with Crofts.
    Because these two players are not flair players,a lot of what they do goes unnoticed.
  • Valley11 said:

Foley is fine.
    Im not stupid enough, to think he is a box to box midfielder.
    All I'm saying is he is doing fine, and is not as bad as people keep mentioning, the same as with Crofts.
    Because these two players are not flair players,a lot of what they do goes unnoticed.
    Will they get us promoted?
  • He isn't a bad player - but we need to inject some different attributes when you view the midfield as a whole.