Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• Jack Wilshire is available to go out on loan. Would solve our midfield problems overnight.

We've a good relationship with Arsenal - think Song, Coquelin, Frimpong, Sanogo. (Ok maybe not the last 2). And I'm sure we could revitalise Jack's career. (He will realise what faces him if he doesn't start to produce consistently shortly).

Stop effing around Squirrel Face and sign him up ;-)

I'm sure we'll be at the front of the queue, beating Sporting Clube de Portugal, Benfica, Palarse, Bournemouth and Watford to his signature
  • the three linked from Burnley, Norwich and Everton. No way all three will happen. Thompson most likely as Norwich won't want to loan to a rival but the other two are PL teams and if either of these guys are any good their will probably be Championship interest.
  • the three linked from Burnley, Norwich and Everton. No way all three will happen. Thompson most likely as Norwich won't want to loan to a rival but the other two are PL teams and if either of these guys are any good their will probably be Championship interest.

It does sound from Cawley's tweet as though the Burnley guy will happen IF other deals dont happen
  • Don't worry guys, losing Lookman to Palace will be fine. You just need to remember that we're getting two fairly highly rated loan players in!

So exciting!

It does sound from Cawley's tweet as though the Burnley guy will happen IF other deals dont happen
    but while we are pissing around waiting for the others to materialise the Burnley guy will go elsewhere and then when the other two break down we have nowhere else to go. Expect to be completely underwhelmed today, as always.
  • cafc4life said:

I honestly think Lookman will not be with us come midnight tonight and if you think he will then you obviously haven't been paying attention to whats been happening at our shambles of a football club the last 2 years.

I have been paying close attention thanks but still think he'll be our player tomorrow.

SLP gets a double whammy with that story with both us and Palace fans getting interested. WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• With what they made from the Bolasie deal, £4 mil for Lookman is easily worth it for Palace.
  • If the club sell Lookman to Palace that will really be the cherry on the top!
  • If they take Wiltshire for £80k a week think the budget might be maxed out.
  • Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

The fact is the club are going to be working on these deals with options one and two, they will also be mindful that a club may come in for Lookman and then we have to change direction in terms of a loan or permanent deal.

If you are going to have a moan FFS leave it until tomorrow. What happens happens lets just wait and see,

Whilst you are correct and that today may well be the best Deadline day ever for CAFC supporters (very little competition there) the track record of KM and Roly states we will probably sell them Lookman for a packet of Werther's Originals.
  • Only slightly Charlton related but some bloke called Andy Delort has made an 8m euro move to Tigres in Mexico. Weird?
  • cfgs said:

Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

The fact is the club are going to be working on these deals with options one and two, they will also be mindful that a club may come in for Lookman and then we have to change direction in terms of a loan or permanent deal.

If you are going to have a moan FFS leave it until tomorrow. What happens happens lets just wait and see,

Whilst you are correct and that today may well be the best Deadline day ever for CAFC supporters (very little competition there) the track record of KM and Roly states we will probably sell them Lookman for a packet of Werther's Originals.
    There is nothing but rumors at this moment in time. Nothing is coming from any other teams forum or local media. It appears that RC is doing his bit to get his twitter up on transfer deadline day.
  • cfgs said:

Jesus reading some of these posts on here at 9.15 is awful. I have never known such a bunch of miserable and negative blokes in all my life.

There is nothing but rumors at this moment in time. Nothing is coming from any other teams forum or local media. It appears that RC is doing his bit to get his twitter up on transfer deadline day.
    True but you know that any offer for any of our players is always considered. In today's inflated market we should be holding out for a fee upwards of £8 million.
  • edited August 2016

Only slightly Charlton related but some bloke called Andy Delort has made an 8m euro move to Tigres in Mexico. Weird?

Gutted :'-(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016

cfgs said:

Agree with WIWLB

Plenty of time to moan/celebrate when and if deals are done.

So far we've not sold, bought or loaned anyone today.

#don'tbelievethehype
    There is a transfer deadline first. Irving and I agree on something.
  • and let's not forget that Ba and Tex will likely go, would not surprise me if BFG went too
  • Text exchange with my friend at the club:

Me: 'Please tell me Palace interest in Lookman is a transfer deadline day wind-up?'

Him: 'Palace interest is real. Reluctance to do business with them resigned with Richard Murray. Still early and a long way to go... it's far from a certainty.'

Conversation goes on a bit, he says two in today but can't mitigate against last minute interest from elsewhere. Fox Interest not been widely talked about but gossip suggests Slade had a chat with Fox and vetoed the move. No real desperation to sell and player seemingly settled. Feel free to share, it's already been leaked to Press (not by him)... and then covers his back by saying anything can happen on deadline day until it's signed and on the website.

He was unusually non-committal today. Just confirms what's already out there.
  • cfgs said:

It is a rumours thread
    But you take it as gospel. You should have a power cut for the next 13 and half hours. How you going to get through the day.

Come to think of it how are we going to cope if you are like this at 9.30.
  • and let's not forget that Ba and Tex will likely go, would not surprise me if BFG went too

Re BFG, This is what I thought when he didn't start last night
  • Big propaganda oppurtunity for the regime.

"We held off a big offer from Palace as we know how important he is to this club and the fans"

Or

" The offer was far to good to turn up" ( so F*** the lot of you)

Another chance to show if they're with us or against us. I know where my money's going.
  • Lennon off? ;)

Harry Lennon ‏@HLennon94 2m2 minutes ago Romford, London
    Going to be a lively #DeadlineDay