Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I SLEPT IN!!! Have we sold the SOFA yet?
  • colthe3rd said:

sam3110 said:

johnbaker said:

Whats an acceptable price in people opinion for AL? I personally would only be happy with 4m +

£6m + 2m when he makes full international debut, 20% sell on clause and loaned back to us for the rest of the season. Anything less is shit really
    What is the point in even discussing this? If he goes it will be undisclosed fee. Then some rumours will come out about how much it is and everyone will get angry because it isn't as much as they thought he was worth. And also why does everyone bring up a loan back? It never happens so please just stop with this nonsense.
    To say it "never happens" is wrong, it's rare, but it does occur. He asked what we'd be happy with personally, so it being undisclosed in reality is irrelevant. Like someone else said, for Palarse you can add a nought onto the end of everything, but realistically the minimum I'd want is the above.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I SLEPT IN!!! Have we sold the SOFA yet?

No, some people did what they said they would and ran on the pitch (and destroyed it).
  • I am worried about Large Addick....has anyone heard from him lately.
  • There seem to be an awful lot of loan deals around the end of the window, even in the PL it seems that most of the signings are likely to be loans today
  • J BLOCK said:

Hope he goes for nothing to palace, why do we want this mob to get money out of him. The less the better for me.

Can understand people not wanting RD to get any money, but at the same time, they obviously have a deficit to make up and 'targets' to meet so the less they get for Lookman probably means other players leaving too
  • Parky's thoughts
    Ever wondered what it is like to be a manager building up to deadline day?

Bolton boss Phil Parkinson reckons he needs four players to bolster a push for an immediate return back to the Championship, but his club are under a transfer embargo.

He said: “On Monday, I was up until the early hours speaking to the chairman, then I spent the whole of Tuesday on the phone.

“At one point I thought we could end up with six new players but all the deals are hanging in the balance and you could end up with none.

“We had a lad in on Tuesday for a medical but it didn’t go too well, so we have had to move on from that.

“People always say ‘why are you leaving it to the last minute?’. It is because clubs won’t let players go until they have got one in. There is a domino effect we are right bang in the middle of.

“It will be a case of keeping the phone on and getting business done but I just want to get to Thursday.”
  • Thompson close according to the NS.

He has just arrived at London Bridge, might just make it for 10pm
    Not with 2/3rds of the new concourse open now. Make it 8.30
  • If we were to get Thompson, Ulvestad, Walsh and Kaikai.

And lost Lookman.

Would we be stronger or weaker?

Would fans be satisfied?

Would Lookman going to Palace outweigh anyone coming in?
  • Sponsored links:

• i wouldnt put it past meire to say "why are you unhappy? we got great money and palace aren't our rivals! They are two divisions above us!"
  • sam3110 said:

colthe3rd said:

sam3110 said:

johnbaker said:

Whats an acceptable price in people opinion for AL? I personally would only be happy with 4m +

£6m + 2m when he makes full international debut, 20% sell on clause and loaned back to us for the rest of the season. Anything less is shit really
    What is the point in even discussing this? If he goes it will be undisclosed fee. Then some rumours will come out about how much it is and everyone will get angry because it isn't as much as they thought he was worth. And also why does everyone bring up a loan back? It never happens so please just stop with this nonsense.
    To say it "never happens" is wrong, it's rare, but it does occur. He asked what we'd be happy with personally, so it being undisclosed in reality is irrelevant. Like someone else said, for Palarse you can add a nought onto the end of everything, but realistically the minimum I'd want is the above.
    Ok I'll rephrase, it's incredibly rare and it never happens for us. And it is pointless stating what you'd be happy with. We know it won't be anywhere close to what you've suggested, you may as well say you'd be happy with £45m, anything less is shit.
  • Pedro45 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I SLEPT IN!!! Have we sold the SOFA yet?

No, some people did what they said they would and ran on the pitch (and destroyed it).
    I know i was there.
  • it really doesnt matter what price we get for lookman (if he went) It wont be re invested in the team
  • If Lookman goes it has to be for serious money..but I will be somewhat 'miffed' if he goes to Palace.

And lost Lookman.

Would fans be satisfied?

In answer to your question i would be happy, they would be four excellent signings at this level, and who is to say Lookman doesn't get an injury in a couple of weeks time as did Gomez.
    No one man is bigger than a team
  • Thompson close according to the NS.

He has just arrived at London Bridge, might just make it for 10pm
    He'll probably walk around the station for the next 10 hours trying to find the platform, then give up
  • Sunderland are in for ruddy at Norwich, will that cause us problems keeping hold of rudd?
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I hope if Lookman goes to Palace people don't get on his back because of it. It would be entirely KM and RDs doing. Ridiculous to compare it to the Parker situation.

There's always that really weird part of the transfer where you have to agree personal terms and sign contracts and all that. Don't think that's KM's doing.

Or the bit that comes first, where the team you want to play for whores you out. Why would you stay with that club ?

Completely different situations, if you can't see that then it's pointless trying to converse
    If he's got his head screwed on as many have said he has, I'd hope he's listening to what Slade and fans are saying rather than upstairs. He doesn't need to play for them. He can play for the fans. If Tottenham were to come in as some have said might, that'd be a lot easier to take than palace and I'd hope that by now Ade would realise that. Going to palace no matter what is the ultimate betrayal. Especially straight from us to them.

I hear you, but he has been here 2 years and doesn't really owe us anything. Plus the owner and his minions are classless and would probably sell us fans if we had a monetary value.
    Doesn't really owe us anything? Our academy gave him a chance as he was playing for someone like Waterloo. We then gave him a chance in the first team, which resulted in him playing youth International's in the summer and making the step up to the U20s now. He owes us a lot as without Charlton Athletic, he probably wouldn't be where he is today.

To go to Palace would be the ultimate insult and unforgivable. Both from Lookman, and from the board.
  • Sponsored links:

• i wouldnt put it past meire to say "why are you unhappy? we got great money and palace aren't our rivals! They are two divisions above us!"

Equally if Lookman doesn't go, and I still think he won't, then she can say "look, we didn't sell him, aren't we wonderful?"

She knows that reputationally she would be damaged by selling Lookman to anyone, let alone Palace. Whether Uncle Roland will care about that is another thing.
  • edited August 2016
    I think Roland is the sad pathetic type of bloke who would sell to Palace just to show his power over us!
  • Taking into consideration that my remaining grey cell is having an off day, can anyone tell me what happened to the rumour that "someone" may be returning to SE7 in this window ?
  • edited August 2016
    If lookman goes to Palace.. Meltdown incoming
  • Taking into consideration that my remaining grey cell is having an off day, can anyone tell me what happened to the rumour that "someone" may be returning to SE7 in this window ?

It was probably only a rumour, Fanny.

And lost Lookman.

Would fans be satisfied?

Stronger obviously yes, but still would not be happy if our most valuable player went to them.

Wasn't it Wiggins who is off to Birmingham instead of Fox?
  • James Henry may be on the move- Charlton and Bolton interested