Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Laddick01 said:

And the James Henry rumour has even made a return. Would be happy with that.
    From Cawley on Twitter btw.

That would signal a Lookman sale
    Why? He's a right winger who can also play as an attacking midfielder. What would signal a Lookman sale is the acceptance of an offer from a club for Ademola Lookman
    How can you fit Lookman, Holmes, as well as Henry into a starting 11, i would also guess that Henry is on a few quid. Interesting to read from Richard Cawley that Bolton are in for the player, there was me thinking that has an embargo placed on them in which limited them to on 22 players in there squad in which they have to submit.
    Well at the moment we don't as we have Lookman on the bench....

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Crofts Jackson
    Holmes Henry Lookman
    Magennis

There we go, easy
    Ajose?
    Good to have options and back up/rotation for once...
  • Still wouldnt mind that Lewis Walsh signing as another Creative option

Liam
  • uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Laddick01 said:

Why? He's a right winger who can also play as an attacking midfielder. What would signal a Lookman sale is the acceptance of an offer from a club for Ademola Lookman
    How can you fit Lookman, Holmes, as well as Henry into a starting 11, i would also guess that Henry is on a few quid. Interesting to read from Richard Cawley that Bolton are in for the player, there was me thinking that has an embargo placed on them in which limited them to on 22 players in there squad in which they have to submit.

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Crofts Jackson
    Holmes Henry Lookman
    Magennis

There we go, easy
    Ajose?
    What about him? Hasn't exactly set the world alight so far, you need options and different ways to play
  • sam3110 said:

uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Laddick01 said:

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Crofts Jackson
    Holmes Henry Lookman
    Magennis

There we go, easy
    Ajose?
    What about him? Hasn't exactly set the world alight so far, you need options and different ways to play
    Yea only scored two goals, bloody slouch,
  • James Henry would be perfect. A winger who is also comfortable in the middle so he'd fit Slade's plan of having one out-and-out winger and one who can tuck in. Might mean we never have to see Jacko forced out onto the wing again

Not sure -Jury out on this chap - No doubt on his ability, but seems he gives 1 very good game in 5 - injury prone too. His wages will have gone up too.
  • sam3110 said:

uie2 said:

sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Laddick01 said:

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Crofts Jackson
    Holmes Henry Lookman
    Magennis

There we go, easy
    Ajose?
    Yea only scored two goals, bloody slouch,
    Like i said you need options, different ways to play, different tactics and formations. You wouldn't want to play him up front alone, he'd be so isolated, he struggles as it is when the game isn't going our way
  • its Charlton--its Div1---its dead line day---and some still think there will be "fanastic signings"-----------------------------------------------------love your delusion and hope as CAFC fans its all we have mostly
  • We'll see.

£4million will do fine when Douchbag gets to hear about it and tells squirrel face to get on with the sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• If they reject £4m for Lookman then they will have had a very good day. No reason to sell him, especially at this late stage
  • its Charlton--its Div1---its dead line day---and some still think there will be "fanastic signings"-----------------------------------------------------love your delusion and hope as CAFC fans its all we have mostly

*League 1
  • Uh-oh
  • I'm pretty sure when he signed his new deal the SLP said he had no release clause?
  • I'm hoping its bullshit
  • edited August 2016
    Yup, reckon that's an agent trying to play west Brom off against palace
  • edited August 2016
    Truth is should Ademola have a £6 million release clause then it was well done to the club in getting it into the contract. Given his status at the time. If that's triggered then not much the club can do about it.
  • Marvin Johnson from Motherwell. This has to be a record for most deadline day rumours ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is all just an echo chamber, all these "news" websites have picked up on the SLP story and just regurgitating it with slightly different factors. The fee has jumped from £4mil to £6mil, a release clause has been added and, my favourite, Charlton playing at "Valley Parade".
  • I'd take 6 million for him
  • edited August 2016
    Is it an either or case with Johnson and Henry or both?
  • That article also says that Man U Chelsea etc have been watching him for a few seasons.... What, at Sunday league? Don't believe that in the slightest.
  • Motherwell's Marvin Johnson has handed in a transfer request, left sided winger. Nothing to say we're after him but it's possible. Oxford have been leading with bids it seems bit Hibs also rumoured to be linked. Only mentioning it as Russel said he wanted a left sided winger and we've obviously been looking north for cheaper buys.

There we go. Had a feeling we'd have a look.
  • That Sally kakai fella about to join Brentford on loan... Palace out of the race?
  • Is 6 million really seen as bad business for a tricky young player that has only been on the scene around 12 months?
  • Truth is should Ademola have a £6 million release clause then it was well done to the club in getting it into the contract. Given his status at the time. If that's triggered then not much the club can do about it.

would our 3rd biggest transfer fee ever received be considered a major departure?