Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• I would take 6 million for Lookman and then invest in the players highlighted. Should we fail to show that commitment in getting the club back up and at the same time have a squad that is able to compete in the Championship and push on with a few additional faces then its a good deal.

However failure to do so would be a slap in the face to the fans, management, players and aspirations of our club. It is not as if Lookman is a player that have laid out money for and then received a fee back and made a £2 million quid profit. Is he major money, not really, so spend 5 million on the team and a million on salary and we will be fine.

• Ssn going live to palace after the break, guessing Lookman will be mentioned.

They will be announcing first that "the clock keeps on ticking" before going to Palarse!! after all its been90 minutes since they last made that statement
  • Rod Fanni has signed for Marseille free transfer.

Come on now people, one last big effort together with the Fanni jokes!
  • Sass Ilic was just pictured in the background on SSN. Those were the days.
  • Anyone got anymore on Marvin Johnson?
  • Scoham said:

tom- k said:

Has Roger Johnson left yet?

Signing a new 5 year contract
    F**k off if you don't like him :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely no mention of Lookman at palace, I guess no news is good news.
  • edited August 2016
    Wonder if someone at the club hasn't leaked this 'info' on Lookman so that when he is still here at the end of today we can say we successfully fought off interest in him - to counter the fan anger when we have to get through the season with Foley, Crofts and JJ when no other midfielders arrive?
  • Wonder if someone at the club hasn't leaked this 'into' on Lookman so that when he is still here at the end of today we can say we successfully fought off interest in him - to counter the fan anger when we have to get through the season with Foley, Crofts and JJ when no other midfielders arrive?

You think they're that clever?
  • That daily record link quotes a motherwell spokesman as saying:

“We will not be cajoled or maneuvered to the point where we are forced to sell a player against our will for less than an appropriate value.

“We owe it to our players, management, staff, shareholders and, most importantly, our supporters to ensure we get a fair price.”

Couldn't imagine KM coming out with that in response to Lookman (or Gomez, Cousins, Gudmunnson, THD, Harriott ...) rumours and bids.
  • Scoham said:

tom- k said:

Has Roger Johnson left yet?

Signing a new 5 year contract
    F**k off if you don't like him :)
    I'm absolutely delighted, like Jordan Botaka was when he signed for us.

• edited August 2016
    Wiggins joins Brum, loan deal until January.
  • Wiggins joins Brum, two month loan deal.

Thought short term loans aren't allowed
  • edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

Wiggins joins Brum, two month loan deal.

There's been a few today. Lee Grant has only joined Stoke until January.

Edit: Wiggins is until January too.
  • So....

Louis Thompson ... Norwich
    Marvin Johnson ... Motherwell
    Lewis Walsh ... Everton
    James Henry ... Wolves
    The Norwegian lad from Burnley

Have I missed anyone that weve been linked with today?

Liam

Who's Liam?
    Used to keep Patsy warm in bed
  • sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

emergency loans outside the window no longer allowed
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

I think he'll be a decent addition. Limited footballer but will help Ajose. Wonder where it leaves Novak? On the bench, probably.
    Was Novak a Slade buy?

Two big lumps

Rod Fanni has signed for Marseille free transfer.

He had some class. A master of the sliding tackle.
  • Wiggins will be at Brum until 2nd Jan.
  • I have never flagged anyone on here, but Moutu - you almost got my first.

• Serious question on a farcical day - is The Champ now in reality EPL 2, and League One now the actual Champ as was ?

The frenzied spending of Villa and Newcastle in particular have lifted the Champ to a new mezzanine level. The game urgently needs to re-group to cope with TV's new cash tsunami - oh, sorry, forget we're talking about the FA and the EFL. The game is now well and truly bent grossly out of shape. Can't say I like it.

I think it's more a case if the 2 teams going big to try and get back to the premier league asap, before losing their best players and using the parachute payments to do so
  • Lookie is away with the England under 20's preparing for their game against Brazil next Sunday. Be nice if it was in Rio, meaning Ademola would be unable to get anywhere for a medical, let alone a signature. Unfortunately, it will be played in Kidderminster, a short drive from anywhere!
  • Hell hath no fury like a Flemish woman Lampooned,
    even thou some fans said they wish she was Harpooned,
    If Katrien Meire stays much longer Charlton Athletic are doomed,
    Lookman to Palace and we are forever going to be Marooned.

I'll get your coat.
    You taking him home? :wink:
  • Hell hath no fury like a Flemish woman Lampooned,
    even thou some fans said they wish she was Harpooned,
    If Katrien Meire stays much longer Charlton Athletic are doomed,
    Lookman to Palace and we are forever going to be Marooned.

I'll get your coat.

Think someone's pulled