Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• If anyone offers £4m or over the club will sell Lookman - RD wants his cash.
  • I remember it being reported when he signed the contract that there wasn't a release clause. Poor journalism copying someone else's made up story
  • I remember it being reported when he signed the contract that there wasn't a release clause. Poor journalism copying someone else's made up story

This was my understanding too - remember reading it on here at the time.
  • Lookman to Spurs with a loan back, just reported on Talksport.

• DrStrange said:

Hearing Spurs could sign Lookman from Charlton

— Ian Abrahams (Moose) (@BroadcastMoose) August 31, 2016

More rumours flying

That fat blimp doesn't have a scooby
  • I'm still sticking with what I thought this morning....

Lookman will stay.
  • Guardian are saying we would get Hiram Boateng in return if Lookman did one to Palace. No idea if that would be loan or permanent. Probably loan

Hiram Boateng? Blimey, let's do the deal.

PS Who is he?
    Am presuming Jonny Williams wouldn't drop down to League One?
    Williams is actually a very good call. But i suspect you're right about him not wanting to drop down to League 1. (And frankly if I was in his shoes nor would given that less than six weeks ago he was playing in the Euros)
  • IF Lookman goes anywhere and reports are true, then it must be for the full 6 million right now (yes AFKA I know the amount is largely meaningless), and there should be a massive sell on clause.
    The 6 million should be made available to Slade immediately, and it should happen in the next hour in order for Slade to buy people today.
    If we have the likely scenario of Lookman going for peanuts, nobody coming in, then I would say that protests would ramp up hugely without any leadership being needed.
  • I spoke to Jonny Williams the other night, he laughed when I asked if he was coming to Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guardian are saying we would get Hiram Boateng in return if Lookman did one to Palace. No idea if that would be loan or permanent. Probably loan

Hiram Boateng? Blimey, let's do the deal.

PS Who is he?
    Am presuming Jonny Williams wouldn't drop down to League One?
    Williams is actually a very good call. But i suspect you're right about him not wanting to drop down to League 1. (And frankly if I was in his shoes nor would given that less than six weeks ago he was playing in the Euros)
    He's apparently lined up to be loaned back to Ipswich.
  • seth plum said:

IF Lookman goes anywhere and reports are true, then it must be for the full 6 million right now (yes AFKA I know the amount is largely meaningless), and there should be a massive sell on clause.
    The 6 million should be made available to Slade immediately, and it should happen in the next hour in order for Slade to buy people today.
    If we have the likely scenario of Lookman going for peanuts, nobody coming in, then I would say that protests would ramp up hugely without any leadership being needed.

All giving him some money (no way it'd be the full amount) to spend now would do is drive up the prices clubs are asking for their players. Selling Lookman now would be an incredibly stupid decision however you slice it. We're a thin squad desperately short on creativity and he is both a game changer for us and at this point our only major sellable asset. Unless deadline day frenzy drives to price north of 10m (that's James Tomkins money), then it's not worth even considering.
  • edited August 2016
    So it's Tex who's staying according to the NS.
    Why does the poxy News Shopper webpage freeze my pc for an age while it loads all its ads etc? Pain in the butt.
  • Peter_G said:

I have never flagged anyone on here, but Moutu - you almost got my first.

I am just passing on rumours, with the added bonus of then showing how credible the source is.
    I did get flagged for it though :( That's ruined my transfer deadline day before the window has even got close to slamming shut.
    I've never flagged anyone either, but my finger was on the button with that one. ;-)
  • Lookmans agent is doing overtime today.
  • If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!

A great opportunity to let Johnson go and free up some room on the wage bill...
  • Katrien needs to phone Wenger about Tex. They barely have two fit CBs.
  • If that's true then it's 5 3 2 all the way as we are overloaded with top centre backs. Tex Bauer Pearce with Solly and Chicksen wing backs (a system THD would have been brilliant for).

Fear it harmed us in the long run as would have freed up wages but you don't leave a player like him on the bench in this division.
  • SDAddick said:

If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!

How?

Is we try to cancel his contract, he'll tell us to F*** off. If we end up paying off all or the majority of his contract, we're barely better off than keeping him, ditto if we loan him out and have to pay most of his wages
  • Keep Tex, he is a leader, I would jog Johnston on now. Cut my loses pay him off.
  • Not sure on how recent it is but just seen on the bottom slider that the Motherwell manager said there were 'no new bids' for Johnson.

What???

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/641os
  • SDAddick said:

If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!

Exactly that. Get rid of Johnson, let Konsa go out on loan and learn his trade for a bit in League 2 rather than chucking him in at the deep end, so that he can realise his potential rather than having his confidence destroyed.

Tex and Bauer at the back would be an exceptional pairing for League 1, exactly what you need if you're actually serious about getting promoted.

Personally I think Tex'll go nowhere but Russell won't be allowed to play him because the witch has negotiated a ridiculous contract and we can't afford to let him play.
  • edited August 2016

Keep Tex, he is a leader, I would jog Johnston on now. Cut my loses pay him off.

don't tell me you're helping RD out by paying some of Johnson's wages!