Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer rumours thread (DEADLINE DAY starts page 300)

Comments

• edited August 2016
    If we sell Lookman which is now becoming likely - it has to be 6 million and we ought to insist on a couple of squad players on loan. We may even be able to blag Lookman staying for the season. I'm sure both Spurs and Arsenal will have players nowhere near their first team who would enhance us and who might benefit, or at least not be harmed by a move to us. If I was the club, I'd say this would be the clincher and I'd give them a deadline earlier than the close of the window. When there is competition, you have to play it off against each other and make sure you don't miss out! And you can't seem desperate.
  • Poor bloke, two shockingly run football clubs in for him
  • Walsh, Henry, Ulvestad and Thompson would be perfect, but we'll only get 2 of them, max
  • Charlton in for David Luiz and Miguel Llera - KM knows they're both foreign and have played football previously.Tough negotiations ongoing ...
  • sam3110 said:

Walsh, Henry, Ulvestad and Thompson would be perfect, but we'll only get 2 of them, max

Dont forget Marvin Johnson
  • sam3110 said:

Walsh, Henry, Ulvestad and Thompson would be perfect, but we'll only get 2 of them, max

Do we really need 4? Especially if we keep Lookman.
  • Look whose turned up on twitter- That palace fan who used to post on here all the time claiming Charlton meant nothing to him

Thrappers Delight ‏@matt_himselfcpf 3m3 minutes ago
    Plus it would be great if the Clowns used the Lookman money to repay their chairmans generosity rather than spunk it on donkeys #CPFC #cafc
    0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Thrappers Delight ‏@matt_himselfcpf 5m5 minutes ago
    Buying Lookman would rekindle the days of the early '90s when we took the Clowns best players regularly #CPFC #cafc #clownbashing

What players did Palarse take in the early 90's?

Anyway, their fans can talk, calling us clowns, yet which set of supporters paint their faces and have choreographed routines?
  • “I don’t see any major departures at all now."

Oh Brussel. Look what you've done Man.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Wilshere going to Palace will finally end our chances of mentioning him in other posts and thus not spelling his F£&@ING NAME INCORRECTLY!!!
  • Think the fact that a figure that will be accepted had emerged , clubs who were keen/looking will now place a bid
  • sam3110 said:

Look whose turned up on twitter- That palace fan who used to post on here all the time claiming Charlton meant nothing to him

Thrappers Delight ‏@matt_himselfcpf 3m3 minutes ago
    Plus it would be great if the Clowns used the Lookman money to repay their chairmans generosity rather than spunk it on donkeys #CPFC #cafc
    0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Thrappers Delight ‏@matt_himselfcpf 5m5 minutes ago
    Buying Lookman would rekindle the days of the early '90s when we took the Clowns best players regularly #CPFC #cafc #clownbashing

What players did Palarse take in the early 90's?

Anyway, their fans can talk, calling us clowns, yet which set of supporters paint their faces and have choreographed routines?
    Williams, Humphrey 1990, Pitcher 1994 (though as we got David Whyte and Mortimer in exchange I think we came off best!)
  • edited August 2016

MrLargo said:

SDAddick said:

If Tex stays, then we'll have far too many CBs. And knowing sod's law, we'll get injuries in every position other than CB, and will end up having to play all 5 or 6 of them!

A great opportunity to let Johnson go and free up some room on the wage bill...
    Exactly that. Get rid of Johnson, let Konsa go out on loan and learn his trade for a bit in League 2 rather than chucking him in at the deep end, so that he can realise his potential rather than having his confidence destroyed.

Tex and Bauer at the back would be an exceptional pairing for League 1, exactly what you need if you're actually serious about getting promoted.

Personally I think Tex'll go nowhere but Russell won't be allowed to play him because the witch has negotiated a ridiculous contract and we can't afford to let him play.
    Think Konsa is pretty much considered a starter now.

I certainly wouldn't be loaning him out. The boy has look really assured each time I've seen him play. Talking him out the team and loaning Im out would be the confidence destroyer. I Would much prefer him and Pearce as the centre half partnership.

Too much responsibility for a youngster, we need to break them in gently.
    Rubbish. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

• UPDATE from the valley!

Slade gives opinion of Lookman to Palace!

• 1StevieG said:

I wonder if Wilshere going to Palace will finally end our chances of mentioning him in other posts and thus not spelling his F£&@ING NAME INCORRECTLY!!!

Looks like Wilshere's off to Roma anyway
  • If Lookman is going anywhere I hope it's West Brom, with a decent sell on fee written in. No way he's lasting more than a year or two in the dark despair of the West Midlands
  • Sponsored links:

• Wolves sign a winger. Henry off?
  • 1StevieG said:

I wonder if Wilshere going to Palace will finally end our chances of mentioning him in other posts and thus not spelling his F£&@ING NAME INCORRECTLY!!!

Looks like Wilshere's off to Roma anyway
    Ah f......
  • I can see Henry ending up back at Millwall.
  • Bergdich has signed

For Cordoba
  • Daily mirror saying Palace haven't heard back yet in regards to the £4.5m bid
  • edited August 2016

doesn't matter if we receive £7m for Lookie, slade wont get given much of it to spend,, and even if he did, he hasnt got enough time to spend it (as I doubt they have anyone lined up to replace him)

Exactly what I said a few pages back. No point getting excited about a big fee for Lookman. Although KM has said there is a change in approach and this would be a good indicator of that
  • Walsall's Rico Henry has signed for Brentford for £1.5m rising to £5m
  • I can't quite get my head around why Palace would wait until the last day of the window before making a bid. 4.5 is unfortunately not a great deal of money for them so why leave it so late to try to sign the player. It's not like they have lost out on other targets with Lookman next in line. He will be a development squad player / loan player for them.
  • Walsall's Rico Henry has signed for Brentford for £1.5m rising to £5m

Cracking signing for them.